CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna or Semi-perm color??

3 posters

Go down

Henna or Semi-perm color?? Empty Henna or Semi-perm color??

Post by Miz B 16th April 2010, 1:25 pm

I did a henna treatment on my hair last fall and it turned out great, but I've been busy with school and currently rocking some kinky twists since Feb. I'm taking them out in May and will need to color the grey. I ordered the jamila henna but I'm too busy and tired to do the henna again. My plan was to go to the shop and get a flat iron and trim for a length check after I take the twists down. I'm thinking just to get a black color rinse. Not sure what to do? I still can see hints of auburn mixed with grey! So, if I do the black semi-permenant rinse how will it effect the coloring...HELP! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Henna or Semi-perm color?? Empty Re: Henna or Semi-perm color??

Post by tiashaunteé 16th April 2010, 2:10 pm

Do you want to keep the auburn? I'm not sure I understand your question.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th April 2010, 3:25 pm

I used to get black rinses all the time, but they don't seem to last that long. I think doing henna and indigo might give you more permanent results.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 16th April 2010, 3:34 pm

thanks ladies! @tiashauntee-i do like the auburn at this point i just want to cover the grey. my question is will i hender my natural hair by using a semi-permanent rinse ontop of henna? the last time i did the henna treatment was last fall. thanks for helping me get to the question! LOL..
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th April 2010, 4:16 pm

Miz B wrote:thanks ladies! @tiashauntee-i do like the auburn at this point i just want to cover the grey. my question is will i hender my natural hair by using a semi-permanent rinse ontop of henna? the last time i did the henna treatment was last fall. thanks for helping me get to the question! LOL..

Gotcha
I used a permanent dye on top of henna....no problems here. Permanent is supposed to harsher than semi, right?
The only reason that a professional may not do the dye is because henna coats the strand and can cause a dye job to come out spotty, this did happen to me with a tiny section in the front. It's not bad or noticeable to anyone else so I don't care.
Here is some info I found when do some research before putting dye on top of henna: http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/2010/03/color-change-natural-blue-black.html
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 16th April 2010, 9:57 pm

Thank u soooo much, gonna check out your link [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 16th April 2010, 10:03 pm

OMG! I'M SOOO READY TO REVIST MY BLACK HAIR! THANKS AGAIN!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down