CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I achieve this color with henna only?

5 posters

Go down

Can I achieve this color with henna only? Empty Can I achieve this color with henna only?

Post by popsbaby 21st May 2010, 5:47 pm

I have only one henna application under my belt using Punjabi Prime. I saw this hair color in the new Essence and I love it. If I keep henna-ing, can I achieve this color gradually?

http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/nutrisse_color_story/index.aspx

It's color R1, the black girl has it.

Thanks in advance.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Can I achieve this color with henna only? Empty Re: Can I achieve this color with henna only?

Post by R2D2 21st May 2010, 8:24 pm

It's a very nice colour and the sort of colour that you associate with henna. It does depend on your natural starting out colour (black is hard to colour with henna) but it's certainly possible that if you satuate your hair often enough that you'll get something like it.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Can I achieve this color with henna only? Empty Re: Can I achieve this color with henna only?

Post by popsbaby 21st May 2010, 9:41 pm

Thanks R2D2, I knew you'd come through for me!!
My starting color is dark brown. The first henna treatment did take so I will continue and see where it takes me.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by FrouLaLa 22nd May 2010, 12:10 pm

How long are you keeping the henna on before washing it out? Time is a factor. If you are washing it out too soon before the color takes. After your next treatment or two, you should really see the true color uptake. There are good tips on the henna forum at www.mehandi.com about ingredients to add to henna to produce different colors. Even adding cinnamon will increase to redness, if that is what you are going for.

FrouLaLa

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 22nd May 2010, 3:49 pm

Someone else on the forum mentioned that adding hibiscus tea creates a deep burgundy effect. I apologize, but the name escapes me.
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 26th May 2010, 7:03 pm

Hi Again Popsbaby!
You can get that color using henna and hibiscus to give you a burgundy color and it will be easily seen.
Here's a little how to I made for using dried hibiscus flowers and lemon juice, but remember you can always use weaker acid and if you use amla then just add water:

Just mouse over the right side of the slide to advance it (you may have to copy and paste the url
https://acrobat.com/#d=-mHWEoWd*6Ljl8pZ63NWMA&x=s

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions let me know,
Sharika

Last edited by ButterQueen on 26th May 2010, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : slideshow didnt show)
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down