CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aveda "Be Curly" system

+4
sweetdrk1
E'Lise
tashafawn24
keisha88
8 posters

Go down

Aveda "Be Curly" system Empty Aveda "Be Curly" system

Post by keisha88 15th April 2010, 1:39 am

Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the Curly Nikki forum and I'm also newly natural! (Haven't had a relaxer since 2005 but didn't embrace my natural texture until this March). Anyways, I'm trying to figure out what products I want to try out on my hair when it dawned on me that I have always loved Aveda's products (albeit they are a bit pricey).

I was wondering if anyone has used any of the products from Aveda's "Be Curly" hair system? Or if anyone has used Aveda products on natural hair period. How'd you like it?

Thanks!
Keisha
*check out my new blog...it's just a baby: http://keisha88.wordpress.com/*
keisha88
keisha88

http://keisha88.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Aveda "Be Curly" system Empty Re: Aveda "Be Curly" system

Post by tashafawn24 16th April 2010, 5:35 pm

keisha88 wrote:Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the Curly Nikki forum and I'm also newly natural! (Haven't had a relaxer since 2005 but didn't embrace my natural texture until this March). Anyways, I'm trying to figure out what products I want to try out on my hair when it dawned on me that I have always loved Aveda's products (albeit they are a bit pricey).

I was wondering if anyone has used any of the products from Aveda's "Be Curly" hair system? Or if anyone has used Aveda products on natural hair period. How'd you like it?

Thanks!
Keisha
*check out my new blog...it's just a baby: [url=http://keisha88.wordpress.com/*
http://keisha88.wordpress.com/*[/quote[/url]]

Hello Keisha88 and welcome to Curly Nikki! I've never tried Aveda's Be Curly hair product line but I've always wanted to give them a try though. Right now I'm using the Kinky Curly product line (it can be a bit pricey too) but I know that this works for me and I would hate to purchase a line of products that are costly and don't work [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll go check out your "Baby" after this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 24th April 2010, 10:17 pm

Hi,

The funny thing is I was JUST looking at their site today thinking about trying the whole system after I use up my Mixed Chicks. I only used the Be Curly™️ Curl Enhancer and I LOVE it. My curls end up very smooth and bouncy after but I haven't used it a while since I have been trying to curb my PJism.

E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by keisha88 26th April 2010, 4:40 am

Yea I think I'm inevitably destined for Product Junky-ism so I'll eventually try this product line out (and I'll post a review of it for everyone too!) but for now I'm going to try the products that I hear people rave about and figure out what works for me.
keisha88
keisha88

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 26th April 2010, 5:21 pm

keisha88 wrote:Yea I think I'm inevitably destined for Product Junky-ism so I'll eventually try this product line out (and I'll post a review of it for everyone too!) but for now I'm going to try the products that I hear people rave about and figure out what works for me.

LoL. Sometimes you can't help being a junky. In your review could you tell how you use the product..like if you twist your hair or do wash-n-gos ?

Thanks
E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 6:10 pm

Why did I come over here!!! Geesh!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] If I purchase this is will be your fault Keisha & E'lise!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by E'Lise 26th April 2010, 8:48 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Why did I come over here!!! Geesh!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] If I purchase this is will be your fault Keisha & E'lise!

NO WAY you are going to blame me for it ! lol. This line is NEXT on my list after I am done with my Mixed Chicks..lol. I am soo bad.
-E'Lise
E'Lise
E'Lise

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 15th May 2010, 8:48 pm

I, too love the Be Curly enhancer. Wes from HoneyBrownSugar.com did an enthustastic review on this which make me buy it again! My hait has a goood definition and nice volume: The smell ist a big plus, too, a light citrus/flowery scent.....
I used it three years ago but it is 23,€ (app. 29 $) which is too expensive IMHO to use it regulary. Next: plannig to try the Aveda Defining Whip [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th May 2010, 10:44 pm

ooo I am with sweet, why did I come in here. I am going to blame all of you.!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 16th May 2010, 10:33 pm

i saw this thread this morning and I haven't picked up my aveda be curly ever since my big chop. I got caught up in the hype of all these other products I was just learning about (Kinky Curly, Curls, EcoStyler, Oyin, Giovanni, etc). And Be Curly was part of my old pre-natural routine (when I tried to make my relaxed hair wavy... don't ask).

But, after popping open this thread- I busted out my Be Curly. And I LOVE THE WAY MY HAIR AND CURLS LOOK AND FEEL. Wowzers. Who knew that I didn't have to spend all that money trying out those products? I have almost a full bottle of Be Curly so I'm gonna keep using that for a couple days and see if my hair continues to like it!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 17th May 2010, 12:58 pm

found out...I can even skip a day washing, just touching up w/ be curly and water does the trick. Hmmm, maybe if I can get a two day style out of it, it might not be tooo expensive in the long run (you, see, I am trying to convince myself.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by keisha88 17th May 2010, 1:00 pm

hmmm as soon as I start my new job I might have to treat myself to some of this!
keisha88
keisha88

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 27th May 2010, 12:24 am

Okay ladies I have been wanting to try the aveda be curly and the curl control for a while. sooo this past friday after work I picked it up, I absolutley love it!I bought the curl cream and the curl control.I have extremly little to no frizz and my curls are shiney and well defined. I had a problem with frizz at the front of my hairline new hair that would not lay down nomatter what I did.I took pix on my blackberry phone but I dont have a clue how to post them. You only need to use a little bit of this product.I have 3c hair medium to fine normal porosity ,spirals. If you are protein sensitive proceed with caution because this line is heavy on the protein.I was worried about that myself so I will not buy the shampoo or conditioner , I will stick with protein free moisturizers.Oh also with the curl control it says to use on dry hair I used it on my hair while it was still very damp and it worked great.If any of you decide to try it I hope you get great results!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down