CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer styles

+13
Free2Be
coilykinks
GOALdigger
A-Felice
curlybarbi48
Vee
Moni
Beautifulyfe
Ameenah
BrownSkinDiva
SighSidhe
Tamren
nikkinixnicole
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Summer styles - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer styles

Post by Free2Be 23rd April 2010, 11:53 pm

I have never, ever, ever had my hair braided, i.e. cornrows, french braids, etc. I think my face is too fat for it now, but I want to try anyway. I have to work over the summer even though the kids are not at school, but I don't get many visitors, so I am willing to try having my hair braided in some style (no extensions) by a professional. Hopefully I will get even more growth. Right now my hair is about 3 inches all over, but I'm no good at braiding or twisting it at this length.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 24th April 2010, 3:44 pm

GOALdigger wrote:
Vee wrote:
Beautifulyfe wrote:[img]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

If you've seen The Rude Boy Rhianna vid you know how the style looks without the hat. I want to do a lot of experimenting and doing things I wouldn't ordinarily do. Hopefully I can achieve this style but flat twisting. Since the sides of my hair are not shaved I will be slicking them back with some gel.

I would love to see pics of the Rhianna do...I might have to try this one myself. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can also just braid up the sides. instead of gel.

Good idea! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I should try this style during the summer too lol
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 24th April 2010, 3:53 pm

Free2Be wrote:I have never, ever, ever had my hair braided, i.e. cornrows, french braids, etc. I think my face is too fat for it now, but I want to try anyway. I have to work over the summer even though the kids are not at school, but I don't get many visitors, so I am willing to try having my hair braided in some style (no extensions) by a professional. Hopefully I will get even more growth. Right now my hair is about 3 inches all over, but I'm no good at braiding or twisting it at this length.

Braids give you a break from the daily styling, which is good! Summer's a great time to experiment with your hair so go for it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by whitness 26th April 2010, 10:12 pm

I looking forward to doing the Alicia Keys look from the Empire State of Mind video. I did it a few weeks ago and it was dope.

This video helped me a lot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIaJSBlPMj8&feature=fvw

whitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 26th April 2010, 11:38 pm

I did finger coils for the first time last night and this morning I separated and fluffed them out. LOVED IT! Apparently, even though I suck at twists/twist outs, I rock at finger coils! LOL Who would have thought?

I'll get pix soon. I watched a few "how-to" vids on YouTube.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 26th April 2010, 11:49 pm

whitness wrote:I looking forward to doing the Alicia Keys look from the Empire State of Mind video. I did it a few weeks ago and it was dope.

This video helped me a lot!
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIaJSBlPMj8&feature=fvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIaJSBlPMj8&feature=fvw[/quote[/url]]

Nice!! I've seen this video and thought about giving it a try too. Post pics [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 26th April 2010, 11:53 pm

Free2Be wrote:I did finger coils for the first time last night and this morning I separated and fluffed them out. LOVED IT! Apparently, even though I suck at twists/twist outs, I rock at finger coils! LOL Who would have thought?

I'll get pix soon. I watched a few "how-to" vids on YouTube.

That's great! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Youtube is the place to learn anything! I recently learned how to do braids and twists with extensions, all thanks to youtube!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by opheiliamath 27th April 2010, 9:21 am

The Jill Scott hairdo is FIRE! I'll have to try that one during the summer. But for me, i'm going to either kinky twist, weaves, or cornrows straight back in a bun. I plan to be a beach bum on the weekends so this summer is all about keeping my hair protected from sun, sand, and salt water, or pool chemicals.
opheiliamath
opheiliamath

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 27th April 2010, 10:37 am

Umm, Probably a lot of wash n go's and flat twist outs for sure!
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyGifted86 27th April 2010, 2:22 pm

I think I will do two-strand twists, twist-outs and braid outs, but if Im lazy I will just put in twists with extensions :-)
NaturallyGifted86
NaturallyGifted86

http://www.naturallygiftedsl.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 28th April 2010, 12:31 am

coilykinks wrote:
bmart40906 wrote:I am hoping my hair will be long enough by summer for me to wear twists. Right now they are medium length, but I feel too self conscience to wear them out. If not, I'm probably going to do wash-n-go's (like my avatar pic, but minus the puff). They seem to always come out cute.

Your hair is cute. What products do you use? I also plan to do more wng's this summer. I am tryin to become comfortable wearing my hair without a headband. Wish me luck!

For the wash-n-go in my avatar, I co-washed with Aussie Moist. While still in the shower, I put my leave in conditioner in my hair. I am currently using EO Essentials Lemon Verbena, which I picked up at TJ Maxx. I then shake, shake, shake, and rub a small amount of Kinky Curly Curling Custard over the top of my hair to get the straight and stray strands. I shake some more. Then, I use Eco Styler Gel to lay my hair down. It takes me about 10 - 15 minutes to do this style and it always comes out great.

The next day, I can usually just saturate it with water, shake, gel, and go.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2