CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer styles

+13
Free2Be
coilykinks
GOALdigger
A-Felice
curlybarbi48
Vee
Moni
Beautifulyfe
Ameenah
BrownSkinDiva
SighSidhe
Tamren
nikkinixnicole
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Summer styles Empty Summer styles

Post by nikkinixnicole 14th April 2010, 6:31 pm

So there are a few new styles I would love to try this summer:

1) Jill Scott's side cornrow thing lol
http://www.zimbio.com/Jill+Scott/articles/9xoOnMo2PpQ/Get+Look+Jill+Scott+Get+Married+2+NYC+Premiere

2)Beyonce's big curly hair
http://www.topnews.in/light/files/beyonce-Knowles4.jpg

3) Short and curly Rihanna
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/events/ALO-001032.jpg

4) Might try this fergie one..
http://beautyeditor.ca/wp-content/uploads/celebs-fergie-hair-0509.jpg

Curlies, what styles do you plan on rockin this summer? (weave included or not lol)
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Summer styles Empty Re: Summer styles

Post by Tamren 14th April 2010, 7:05 pm

I'm thinking about just staying braided up this summer..last year all I did was individuals and cornrows. I want twists with extensions, keep my hands out of my hair for awhile.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by SighSidhe 15th April 2010, 4:33 am

i'm gna work on mastering the fro-hawk.. i found a pretty sweet tut on yt and i'm pretty excited about it
~i just hope it looks good on me lol
SighSidhe
SighSidhe

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 18th April 2010, 6:31 pm

Tamren wrote:I'm thinking about just staying braided up this summer..last year all I did was individuals and cornrows. I want twists with extensions, keep my hands out of my hair for awhile.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These twists look so nice!! I'm going to have to try these one day!!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 18th April 2010, 6:35 pm

SighSidhe wrote:i'm gna work on mastering the fro-hawk.. i found a pretty sweet tut on yt and i'm pretty excited about it
~i just hope it looks good on me lol

Nice!! Mohawks are very versatile.. you could do so much with it! Cornrows, flat twists, braids, twists, braid outs, twist outs, wash n go, weaves, extensions, straighten, curl...

You're set for the entire summer! lol
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 19th April 2010, 11:52 am

i have no clue how i want to wear my hair this summer, i wanna just let it breathe and wear my natural hair...prob do some twist outs and braid outs...but im thinking when it starts getting cold im gonna get some twists cuz Va cold weather makes me not want to have my hair out lol...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 19th April 2010, 2:34 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:i have no clue how i want to wear my hair this summer, i wanna just let it breathe and wear my natural hair...prob do some twist outs and braid outs...but im thinking when it starts getting cold im gonna get some twists cuz Va cold weather makes me not want to have my hair out lol...

Good idea!! My hair loves breathing in the summer, but I also find it easier to experiment in the summer (more time and more events to go to lol). Twist outs and braid outs are great for summer!

Twists are perfect for cold weather, I usually wear twists in the winter time too! Canada's winter= the north pole lol.. My hair get ridiculously dry. Twists are the best way to keep as much moisture in my hair as i can!

Your hair looks great, by the way!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 19th April 2010, 2:37 pm

nikkinixnicole wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:i have no clue how i want to wear my hair this summer, i wanna just let it breathe and wear my natural hair...prob do some twist outs and braid outs...but im thinking when it starts getting cold im gonna get some twists cuz Va cold weather makes me not want to have my hair out lol...

Good idea!! My hair loves breathing in the summer, but I also find it easier to experiment in the summer (more time and more events to go to lol). Twist outs and braid outs are great for summer!

Twists are perfect for cold weather, I usually wear twists in the winter time too! Canada's winter= the north pole lol.. My hair get ridiculously dry. Twists are the best way to keep as much moisture in my hair as i can!

Your hair looks great, by the way!

thanks so much!!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 19th April 2010, 3:15 pm

I love the Jill Scott look I will try that in my daughter's hair after i take out my twist
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 19th April 2010, 11:52 pm

Ameenah wrote:I love the Jill Scott look I will try that in my daughter's hair after i take out my twist

I love the Jill Scott look! It's so versatile.. I could do twists, braids, twist outs, braid outs, wash n go, weave, extensions.. the possibilities are endless!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 20th April 2010, 12:02 am

[img]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

If you've seen The Rude Boy Rhianna vid you know how the style looks without the hat. I want to do a lot of experimenting and doing things I wouldn't ordinarily do. Hopefully I can achieve this style but flat twisting. Since the sides of my hair are not shaved I will be slicking them back with some gel.
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 20th April 2010, 9:48 am

^^^^ Cute!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 20th April 2010, 1:57 pm

Beautifulyfe wrote:[img]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

If you've seen The Rude Boy Rhianna vid you know how the style looks without the hat. I want to do a lot of experimenting and doing things I wouldn't ordinarily do. Hopefully I can achieve this style but flat twisting. Since the sides of my hair are not shaved I will be slicking them back with some gel.

Creative!! I know a few people that did this syle by gelling the sides instead of shaving it (it can be hard to shave your hair once you've already grown it out!). Post pics when you get it done [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 20th April 2010, 3:32 pm

Probably sticking to my braidout for most of the summer. I'll be studying for and taking the bar in June and July, so I won't have much time for experimenting. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 20th April 2010, 4:49 pm

Beautifulyfe wrote:[img]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I would love to see pics of the Rhianna do...I might have to try this one myself. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 20th April 2010, 8:03 pm

I am hoping my hair will be long enough by summer for me to wear twists. Right now they are medium length, but I feel too self conscience to wear them out. If not, I'm probably going to do wash-n-go's (like my avatar pic, but minus the puff). They seem to always come out cute.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 21st April 2010, 12:40 am

@ nikkinixnicole Hi Big Sis! (just sent you a pm)

I think I'll be rocking wash-n-go's this summer cause it seems to be all I can do.. though I'm really partial to a wash-n-go with curly bangs! Smile
Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be able to wear a pony.

I actually don't like the look of puffs. Does anyone else feel this way too?

I like Jill Scott's hair do, but those canerows (cornrows) look really tight! as in hair pulling tight... not cool tight. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 21st April 2010, 8:05 pm

Moni wrote:Probably sticking to my braidout for most of the summer. I'll be studying for and taking the bar in June and July, so I won't have much time for experimenting. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good luck with that!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Braid outs and twist outs are great for summer! Plus it'll give you lots of time to study!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 21st April 2010, 8:06 pm

Vee wrote:

I would love to see pics of the Rhianna do...I might have to try this one myself. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nice!! Post pics!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 21st April 2010, 8:16 pm

bmart40906 wrote:I am hoping my hair will be long enough by summer for me to wear twists. Right now they are medium length, but I feel too self conscience to wear them out. If not, I'm probably going to do wash-n-go's (like my avatar pic, but minus the puff). They seem to always come out cute.

Your hair looks great!! Don't be self conscious about wearing twists at whatever length you are. Natural hair is beautiful at all lengths. Wash n go's are alway great for summer too!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 21st April 2010, 8:24 pm

A-Felice wrote:@ nikkinixnicole Hi Big Sis! (just sent you a pm)

I think I'll be rocking wash-n-go's this summer cause it seems to be all I can do.. though I'm really partial to a wash-n-go with curly bangs! Smile
Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be able to wear a pony.

I actually don't like the look of puffs. Does anyone else feel this way too?

I like Jill Scott's hair do, but those canerows (cornrows) look really tight! as in hair pulling tight... not cool tight. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey girlllll!

I sent you pm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wash n go with curly bangs sounds creative!! The front of my hair is a frizz ball but if it could curl up, I would rock curly bangs too!! I've seen a few people rock them and I've always wished that the front of my hair had that ability lol (I've tried everything to get it to curl up.. EVERYTHING!!)

In terms of the puffs, when I got some good length on my hair (before I damaged it with heat lol), I actually liked rocking puffs. Now, the style has become kind of stale to me lol.

With the Jill Scott hair do, I plan on doing my own cornrows so I can control how tight they are done. Also, a cousin of mine (who does some wicked cornrow designs) could do it (she doesn't braid to the point of my face being pulled back, making me look like i got a face lift decades too soon LOL).
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 21st April 2010, 9:30 pm

nikkinixnicole wrote:
bmart40906 wrote:I am hoping my hair will be long enough by summer for me to wear twists. Right now they are medium length, but I feel too self conscience to wear them out. If not, I'm probably going to do wash-n-go's (like my avatar pic, but minus the puff). They seem to always come out cute.

Your hair looks great!! Don't be self conscious about wearing twists at whatever length you are. Natural hair is beautiful at all lengths. Wash n go's are alway great for summer too!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's suppose to rain all day Saturday, so I am going to do smaller twists and see how they look. Maybe I'll get the courage to wear them out Thanks for the encouragement, though. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 22nd April 2010, 3:37 pm

bmart40906 wrote:
nikkinixnicole wrote:

It's suppose to rain all day Saturday, so I am going to do smaller twists and see how they look. Maybe I'll get the courage to wear them out Thanks for the encouragement, though. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No prob!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by GOALdigger 22nd April 2010, 5:43 pm

Vee wrote:

You can also just braid up the sides. instead of gel.

GOALdigger

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 23rd April 2010, 11:42 pm

Your hair is cute. What products do you use? I also plan to do more wng's this summer. I am tryin to become comfortable wearing my hair without a headband. Wish me luck!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next