CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixing Your Favorite Products

3 posters

Go down

Mixing Your Favorite Products Empty Mixing Your Favorite Products

Post by Koily_K-Lo 10th April 2010, 9:42 pm

So at a recent DMV area swap, several recipes anad "Mixes" were shared about how, why, and what we use to mix with our favorite products to achieve MAXIMUM curls, shine, softness, what-have-you.....

I have been so excited and can't wait to try them all. But in the mean time I'm wondering: What does any one else you to make their hair oh so Diva-liscious and why.

And of course, PICTURES Lovelies...... "Show me the Pudding" !!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Koily_K-Lo
Koily_K-Lo

Back to top Go down

Mixing Your Favorite Products Empty Re: Mixing Your Favorite Products

Post by BrownSkinDiva 12th April 2010, 8:29 am

I got a mix from another curlie, its easy to make and easy to use Smile

It consists of Pure Unrefined Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, and Olive Oil
I mix all three of those together and put it in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds so that the consistency can allow for me to mix it all well. After ive mixed (whipped) it, I let it sit for at least 15 minutes. It solidifies well and not to hard, so when I scoop some out for my braid/twist outs and emulsify it in my hands it goes on each section of hair smoothly...I actually did this saturday night and wore twists sunday and took them out...heres a close up of the shine and definition Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th April 2010, 10:20 am

What I did was figure out what products gave me the results I liked. I then took the time to write down their first five ingredients. I was able to then use that information to create mixes that should work for my hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koily_K-Lo 12th April 2010, 7:39 pm

OOOHHHHH Very clever Chrs.... I'll have to try that...

Liking the hair BrownSknDiva.... I just did my 1st twist out this morning using the Eko Custard recipe .... So, I will see the results I get in the morn... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ......
Koily_K-Lo
Koily_K-Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down