CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLARISONIC Rave Review!!!

+8
MeekMonique
labon10
HAMPTONSFNST
DvaAuNaturel
kinkycurlylizzy
Chinita07
CA*Nappy
Moni
12 posters

Go down

CLARISONIC Rave Review!!! Empty CLARISONIC Rave Review!!!

Post by Moni 9th April 2010, 12:40 am

I have struggled on and off with acne for the past 15 years and I have finally found a solution: my Clarisonic Pro!!! Yes it is expensive, but when I think about all the money that I've spent over the years on prescription, dermatologist and department store products that did NOT get rid of my acne, it's nothing! I've had my brush for a month and have had almost NO pimples, when I used to have at least 3-4 (or more) large pimples all the time that would last for about 5 days. Now when I get the occasional pimple, it's small and disappears within a day or two.

All I do is wash with my Clarisonic at night, tone with Thayers witch hazel, then use a glycolic acid cream. In the morning, I just use my face wash (no Clarisonic) and my sunscreen. My skin is soft, smooth and glowing. It almost feels like baby skin! My scars are already starting to fade too. My only regret is that I didn't buy it ages ago!
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

CLARISONIC Rave Review!!! Empty Re: CLARISONIC Rave Review!!!

Post by CA*Nappy 11th April 2010, 11:06 pm

I'm still on the fence on my new purchased Clarisonic Classic. My skin is kinda clearer but its drying my skin. I have to use a night cream or shea butter now. Currently using the sample Clarisonic cleansers. Will change to somehting else when they run out.

CA*Nappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 11th April 2010, 11:12 pm

CA*Nappy wrote:I'm still on the fence on my new purchased Clarisonic Classic. My skin is kinda clearer but its drying my skin. I have to use a night cream or shea butter now. Currently using the sample Clarisonic cleansers. Will change to somehting else when they run out.

Are you using it both morning and night? I only use it at night and my skin is fine. One of my friends was experiencing dryness from her Clarisonic Mia until she switched to just using it at night. Now her skin is doing great.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by CA*Nappy 11th April 2010, 11:42 pm

I only use it at night as well. 1x a day, I was hoping for the 2x a day to get smoother, tighter lookingn skin. I only use it for the 1 min, 20 sec time frame too. I think its the cleansers. I was juice organics with just my hands with no dryness.

What do you think about use the Mary Kay timewise cleanser with Clarisonic? I have read about anyone that combonation.

CA*Nappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinita07 18th April 2010, 3:51 am

omg i'm DYING for this brush now! I cant afford it quite yet (textbooks & tuition have to come first!) but i'm getting one ASAP! I think I want the MIA tho...but i have heard this brush really is worth the $$$! currently i'm using the cheapy Sally $2.99 facial brush...it works fine until i can afford the real deal! lol thanks for sharing the review! This encourages me to save my pennies! Razz
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkycurlylizzy 26th May 2010, 4:05 am

Chinita07 wrote:omg i'm DYING for this brush now! I cant afford it quite yet (textbooks & tuition have to come first!) but i'm getting one ASAP! I think I want the MIA tho...but i have heard this brush really is worth the $$$! currently i'm using the cheapy Sally $2.99 facial brush...it works fine until i can afford the real deal! lol thanks for sharing the review! This encourages me to save my pennies! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

honey keep saving girl this brush is a dream. I have the MIA.make sure you get pink to support breast cancer =) I used to have acne prone skin that got very blotchy. now I only get small pimples around that time of the month and only for a day or two. Between my brush and wiping my face with milk at night...my skin is definently clearer and more vibrant looking! my fiance noticed my skin clearer after two days of using my brush!
and by the way..Beautiful hair! any tips?????
kinkycurlylizzy
kinkycurlylizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinita07 26th May 2010, 4:00 pm

kinkycurlylizzy wrote:
Chinita07 wrote:omg i'm DYING for this brush now! I cant afford it quite yet (textbooks & tuition have to come first!) but i'm getting one ASAP! I think I want the MIA tho...but i have heard this brush really is worth the $$$! currently i'm using the cheapy Sally $2.99 facial brush...it works fine until i can afford the real deal! lol thanks for sharing the review! This encourages me to save my pennies! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

honey keep saving girl this brush is a dream. I have the MIA.make sure you get pink to support breast cancer =) I used to have acne prone skin that got very blotchy. now I only get small pimples around that time of the month and only for a day or two. Between my brush and wiping my face with milk at night...my skin is definently clearer and more vibrant looking! my fiance noticed my skin clearer after two days of using my brush!
and by the way..Beautiful hair! any tips?????

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I think I'm almost there...I start a new job next week so I think I should be able to afford it in about 2 weeks!!! I'm sooo excited b/c I've heard sooo many rave reviews about it! I'm so glad it worked for you and your skin sounds EXACTLY like mine so that gives me hope! lol

PS thanks for the hair compliment! As for tips...honestly I would say keep it simple! I pretty much co-wash a couple of times a week & seal w/ coconut oil...re-fresh w/ water when it gets dry...massage my scalp every now & then...honestly I'm still learning & trying to establish a "set-in-stone regimen."

Actually my biggest tip would be never go more than 2 or 3 days w/o detangling/cowashing b/c my hair is extremely kinky (more so in the back) that if I go longer than this I WILL have dreads & knots that will need to be cut out!

Oh & patience...& healthy living & eating! What we put into our bodies is even more important than what we put on our hair! Very Happy
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th May 2010, 5:45 pm

I have a Clarisonic brush also. I would NEVER have thought to pay that kind of money for such a tool until my mother got it as a gift and I saw her skin get better and better. I haven't found the right product to use with it exactly but it gets deep down into your pores and really cleans your skin. Much better than your hands could ever do. Now all I need is the right skin care product to use with it and I now my skin will improve.

Congrats on pimple/acne free skin!

Also, ebay has great deals on Clarisonic.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinita07 6th June 2010, 9:19 pm

I just ordered my Pink Clarisonic Mia for $111.75 (25% off!) from Aspen Leaf Spa & I cant wait to use it! I will update everyone after I get it & try it out! Very Happy
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 10th June 2010, 11:44 am

I want to purchase the pink Clarisonic Mia yet I'm not sure which brush heads to purchase. I'm debating between sensitive and delicate. I'll probably go with the delicate for my oily, acne prone skin. Can I use any cleanser I like with this brush?
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 10th June 2010, 1:06 pm

I saw a similar brush in Sally's for $30. Do you think it will work the same?

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by MeekMonique 11th June 2010, 2:12 am

@Moni

What is the glycolic acid cream that you use?
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinita07 12th June 2010, 12:41 am

labon10 wrote:I saw a similar brush in Sally's for $30. Do you think it will work the same?

Honestly, I dont think it will. Although more expensive, the Clarisonic is a professional tool...The Sally's one might be a good substitute until you can afford the real one, but I just decided to save that $30 and put it toward the real thing rather than buy that, then end up realizing I still wanted the real deal!

What really changed my mind was Brittney (sp?) of ClumpsofMascara.com and the YouTube video review she did comparing the Clarisonic Mia to the Pretika, a popular drugstore version. You should watch her vid, it will probably shed some light on the differences!

I did, however, purchase a little facial brush from Sally's for $1.99 I believe...i used it for months until I could afford the Mia & it definitely DID help & i would suggest buying that one in the interim...no it's not battery powered but it's super cheap & it's not that difficult to use your own hand to make the brush move!

HTH! Very Happy
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 16th August 2010, 9:15 pm

*bump* I just bought one today!! I've read nothing but good reviews! (the only bad reviews referred to the products and/or price) I am (not-so-patiently) waiting for it to charge so I can use it...lol
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffanydawn 19th August 2010, 12:37 am

I am prone to breakouts! I have been on Accutane twice (prior to all the FDA call backs) and basically seeing a dermatologist or aesthetician since I was 16, I'm 27 now. I have had my Clarisonic for about two and a half weeks now and my skin looks FAB!!! I have the pro so I use it on my body also and I cannot believe that I have gone this long without this!! I have been living consciously healthy (eating, exercise, natural foods/products) for about 3 years now but I would still have a flare up in break outs once a month usually 1-2 but those ones that are deep and take forever to surface. I know it hasn't been a full month but my skin feels like it has never felt before! I can tell that my products are working better, and I seem to be less oily!.. anyway I report back with some before and after pics within the next couple of weeks.
tiffanydawn
tiffanydawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinita07 23rd August 2010, 3:06 pm

what facial wash do ya'll use w/ your clarisonic? Still looking for 1 that is natural (preferably no parabens, sulfates, or harsh surfactant). I oil wash my face every other day, so I'm looking for a good cleanser to use w/ the clarisonic...thanks in advance!
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th December 2010, 1:26 am

I use Purpose right now with my Clarisonic brush. I wanted something without a lot of harst ingredients and I'm still looking for something that is
more natural/organic to use.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th February 2011, 1:37 pm

I have a purple Clarisonic Mia in my possession, but I can't decide if I should keep it! I ordered it from beauty.com because I had a $50 credit to use. I started to get buyer's remorse because that joint is expensive and called them to cancel the order. It came anyway and now and I can't decide if I should keep it or send it back.

I have the Olay Pro-X brush and it works ok, but when I went to Sephora the other week and was talking skin care with one of the sales associates he said that the vibrating motion of the Clarisonic would provide a deeper better cleanse than the spinning motion of the Olay Pro-X.

I haven't used the Clarisonic yet. I keep forgetting to charge it.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th February 2011, 2:48 pm

Does this work for severe acne cases?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down