CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SKIN CARE REGIMEN

3 posters

Go down

SKIN CARE REGIMEN Empty SKIN CARE REGIMEN

Post by mechuono 6th April 2010, 10:43 pm

hey yall!
i have gone through several products and regimens trying to find the right one for me. i've actually probably overlooked what is indeed for me trying to find something i thought was better. with that being said, what regimen and products are currently working for you? you can also tell of products that temporarily worsened your skin through the process.

mechuono

Back to top Go down

SKIN CARE REGIMEN Empty Re: SKIN CARE REGIMEN

Post by mechuono 6th April 2010, 10:49 pm

face- ocm with castor oil, tone with diluted acv, and moisturize with turmeric skin cream
body- cleanse with black soap and moisturize with raw shea butter
crotch- summer's eve feminine wash for sensitive skin [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i also apply an amla skin mask weekly. for my body, i plan on trying the sugar scrubs with brown sugar and evoo

i must say that i am thoroughly pleased with this regimen. for the first time, i can say my face has a glow. i've been walking out the house for the past week with no makeup on. i honestly love it. this regimen is actually what is bringing my skin back to life after suffering from a horrible reaction to dr. bronners peppermint liquid soap. i knew i had sensitive skin when i used and thought i diluted it enough. unfortunately, the next day i woke up with tiny bumps all over my chest, thighs, and arms. had my skin feeling like braille lol. not downing the product tho, just didnt work for me

mechuono

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 14th April 2010, 2:25 am

I have used just about everything to clear my skin also, even though I'm
only 18 I started getting acne in about the 3rd or 4th grade :/. Since
then I've tried prescriptions, OTC, ProActive, everything. My skin is so
sensitive anything I used burned it so bad i can't touch it. I think I''ve finally found what works though Smile

Wash with black soap, tone with Thayers witch hazel & rose water, apply Home Health's acne lotion, moisturize with jojoba oil + aloe vera gel mixture.

For masks I use bentonite clay 2x a week, honey and cinnamon at least once, and egg whites to remove blackheads.

I also apply Vitamin E to dark spots at night.

My skin isn't oily, my breakouts are nearly gone, and my skin color is evening out.

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 14th April 2010, 2:28 am

BAMNcurls wrote:I have used just about everything to clear my skin also, even though I'm
only 18 I started getting acne in about the 3rd or 4th grade :/. Since
then I've tried prescriptions, OTC, ProActive, everything. My skin is so
sensitive anything I used burned it so bad i can't touch it. I think I''ve finally found what works though Smile

Wash with black soap, tone with Thayers witch hazel & rose water, apply Home Health's acne lotion, moisturize with jojoba oil + aloe vera gel mixture.

For masks I use bentonite clay 2x a week, honey and cinnamon at least once, and egg whites to remove blackheads.

I also apply Vitamin E to dark spots at night.

My skin isn't oily, my breakouts are nearly gone, and my skin color is evening out.

Okay, I'm just going to ask, no matter how dumb I sound, but: What the heck does a toner do?
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 14th April 2010, 2:38 am

psssh honestly I can't give you an exact answer. I can say I've read it helps remove the dirt and impurities from your skin that the cleanser didn't get. Some say it helps balance your skins pH and is essential but others say it's not necessary.

All I can say is when I added this step I noticed a big difference in my skin. The Thayers toner isn't drying, it actually moisturizes. The more I use it the less I find myself use the jojoba oil + aloe vera which I like because the less steps for me the better.

And that was not a dumb question. Smile

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 14th April 2010, 2:57 am

BAMNcurls wrote:psssh honestly I can't give you an exact answer. I can say I've read it helps remove the dirt and impurities from your skin that the cleanser didn't get. Some say it helps balance your skins pH and is essential but others say it's not necessary.

All I can say is when I added this step I noticed a big difference in my skin. The Thayers toner isn't drying, it actually moisturizes. The more I use it the less I find myself use the jojoba oil + aloe vera which I like because the less steps for me the better.

And that was not a dumb question. Smile

Thanks haha. I'm trying to develop a skin care regimen, but I think I'll leave out that toning business lol. My skin is pretty good right now (thx mom & dad lol), but I figured I could try doing some extra stuff. I currently just wash with black soap and moisturize with Ponds Dry Skin Cream, but it has mineral oil and leaves me looking like a slathered vaseline on my face (just check out my avatar LOL). Right now, I'm just looking for a good SPF moisturizer. I might try that Vitamin E oil on my dark spots though.

P.S. - If anyone has any advice for a skin care regimen for me, I'd appreciate it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(don't make fun of the pic, I was tryna see how big my eyes could get LOL. that's what happens when I'm bored with a camera)
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 14th April 2010, 3:05 am

wow! you have beautiful skin lol

It took my a long time to find a moisturizer that worked. Shea butter was too heavy, jojoba oil was too oily, and aloe vera gel alone was too drying. Together the jojoba oil and aloe vera gel work well and I've read that aloe vera is not only good for sunburn but protects the skin from sun damage also.

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down