CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hair twin on this site ASAP

+3
BajanPrincess82
earynnm
DreamMerchant
7 posters

Go down

I need a hair twin on this site ASAP Empty I need a hair twin on this site ASAP

Post by DreamMerchant 8th June 2010, 10:46 pm

My hair is getting on my nerves. I am starting not to know what to do with it. It is like I have hit a natural hair "wall". I use to think that hair typing was a bunch of hog wash but now I think there may be something to it. Maybe if I know my hair type, then I can be moved towards better products. My hair strands are thin but my hair is thick (if that makes sense). I cannot do bunning because my hair dries out something terrible. Each of my hair strands need individual attention either by braids or twists. My hair is not happy being bunned even though I love the ease of it.

The products I use to use are not working anymore. I do not have any pictures of my hair but I do have some hair videos. Do not pay any attention to what I am saying but just look at my hair in videos #1,8,9,11,13. I think you can see my hair really well in these videos.

My hair does not have a definate curl pattern so I think that makes me a 4b or 4c. It is just fuzzy and undefined and that is why I cannot do wash-n-goes. My twist are thin even though I grab alot of hair. My twist do not stack ontop of each other like Rustic Beauty's do or many of the other twists that I have seen. I am not saying that I want my hair to be exactly like theirs but I am wondering if there is something else I should be doing. How do I now that my hair is at its potential? I hope I am not sounding crazy!

I am open to all comments.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlackRawFoodist
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

I need a hair twin on this site ASAP Empty Re: I need a hair twin on this site ASAP

Post by earynnm 9th June 2010, 12:33 am

wat i do when i want a bun is right after i drench it with water and put a grip load of conditioner (while its still soaking wet) i use my hands to pull it back into a bun. I dont use a brush because my hair becomes way to un even and it just frizzes up if i use a comb. Or you can used bannana clips those are nice ... i like them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
earynnm
earynnm

Back to top Go down

I need a hair twin on this site ASAP Empty Re: I need a hair twin on this site ASAP

Post by DreamMerchant 9th June 2010, 12:58 am

Thank you for responding. I may have to try that banana clip. I have not seen any in the stores but then again I was not looking for those. That may be just what I need to break up the twists and braids! THANK YOU! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th June 2010, 1:03 am

You must be doing something right b/c your hair looks great. I'm looking at your video #13 and your braid-out looks really moisturized and defined. You have some length too!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 9th June 2010, 1:19 am

BajanPrincess82 wrote:You must be doing something right b/c your hair looks great. I'm looking at your video #13 and your braid-out looks really moisturized and defined. You have some length too!

Thank you for the compliment but it is not working anymore! I do not know if I am suffering from build up or the summer heat or what. My hair feels dry (maybe my hands are dry and it makes my hair feel dry) idk. Here is a list of oils I put in my hair but on rotation: shea, olive, jojoba, coconut, avocado, castor and grapeseed. Every now and then I will throw some glycerin in a bottle or something but that is it. I use HE HH. That is the only chemical based conditioner I am using. Do you think I have build up? Should I get a clarifying shampoo or something? I am not using all the junk that I was using in the videos. I have calmed down on the products. Maybe I need to go back to them!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by earynnm 9th June 2010, 1:36 am

no prob and i agree with Bajan....
earynnm
earynnm

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 9th June 2010, 1:59 am

This may sound weird....but, you're so cute! Bahaha. You seem so chipper and nice Very Happy

(Sorry, just had to say that lol)
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 9th June 2010, 5:30 am

What shampoo are you using, if any? I am wondering how you remove the oils from your hair in order to get moisture into it and then reseal? I have seen natural shampoos that say they clarify, but I don't know how well they work. Hugo Naturals is one and also Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle has that term on the bottle, clarify. Try something like that and see if you can tell the difference in the feel of your hair.

Good luck.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th June 2010, 8:11 am

I agree your hair and the length looks great! I notice you use a lot of oils, do you use anything that is water based or some type of moisturizing conditioner as a leave-in to help with the dryness?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 9th June 2010, 8:20 am

@karyn-Thank you! I hear that alot. I am one of those crazy people that is happy at 6am that has the big smile and humming so happy tune!

@free-I the winter and spring, I shampoo once a month and I use Nyle shampoo. But now thst it is summer and it is hot, do you think I should increase the shampooing due to sweating or whatever? We do not have a Trader Joes but I might try that ACV rinse.

@krazy, I use the HE HH as a cowash and leave in. I am starting to think that I need a summer routine and a winter routine. The harsh winds here in the winter is hard on hair but maybe I do not need as many oils for the summer. I will check out CN summer routine and see if there is a difference. I have never really had a routine before so this is new.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th June 2010, 12:24 pm

hey DM sorry to hear about your problem, I hope you find a solution soon. I was a die hard fan of HEHH, and HETT, maybe you should try something new. I find that I do not have a defined curl pattern either, but I have found two products that helps alot. Aubrey Organics White camiella and Giovanni smooth as silk. O and I cannot forget Yes To Cucumbers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look into those products and see how you like them. I will look at the videos when I get home.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down