CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what styles blend multiple textures?

+2
MsVera
BornAgainCurlz
6 posters

Go down

what styles blend multiple textures? Empty what styles blend multiple textures?

Post by BornAgainCurlz 23rd March 2010, 11:42 pm

so i'm finally starting to figure out my hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] yay me! lol

the back half of my head will form corkscrew curls either on its own or with the help of some product (i've been using Hair Rules Kinky Curling Cream which i highly recommend for anyone who needs to stretch out their curls).

the top half of my head however does not have a single curl in it. i'm still not sure if thats my natural texture or perhaps permanent damage done from a decade of chemicals and heat.

summers almost here and i don't think i can hide it under hats much longer. my mom suggestes a wide headband but they look really weird on my head. i just washed my hair and was thinking of using a butterfly clip to hold back the top and fluff up the back tomorrow.

what do you ladies suggest? is there a way i can blend the two textures?
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

what styles blend multiple textures? Empty Re: what styles blend multiple textures?

Post by MsVera 24th March 2010, 10:29 pm

What about trying out some twists and wearing twist-outs? I haven't tried them yet, but what about finger coils and coil-outs?
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

what styles blend multiple textures? Empty Re: what styles blend multiple textures?

Post by BrownSkinDiva 25th March 2010, 7:55 am

Twistouts are AWESOME for blending multiple textures, and so are braidouts. I have very wavy to straight hair on the top of my head and really curly in the middle to back so I do braidouts sometimes to blend the textures and it works well for me Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 25th March 2010, 8:46 am

thats what i was thinking. ive tried twist outs but i gues b/c of the short length of my hair they only come out right when they're really tiny twists and it takes my hours to do. oftentimes i spread the work out over two days! very tedious

but thanks for the help ladies!!
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by saroyag 30th March 2010, 2:04 am

My hair is not long so I don't do single twists. I also have some straight pieces in the front that look funny with straight ends if I try and single twists, Try doing a flat twist out. I usually do five or six going straight back like corn rows. My avatar picture is a flat twist out.
saroyag
saroyag

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 30th March 2010, 10:44 am

I tried doing a flat twist a few days ago but i am horrible at it. i can't get the back of my head! so i bought a few flexi-rods and did a TnC which is now my favorite. since the twists are wrapped around the rod i can do thicker twists which means it now takes less than an hr to do my hair instead of 4 for smaller twists or 7-8 if i do micro-twists!

and if im feeling especially lazy i use kinky curling cream to stretch out the curly in the back and just TnC the front then later fluff to give it a more uniform look which takes about 30min

@MsVera: how exactly do you do a coil-out? i have no idea what that is lol
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 30th March 2010, 11:04 am

Try coils here is a vid on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRgx_JBTJyQ

You can also try the frohawk. Do flat twist on the sides, and let the rest do what it do. Have you used a denman on the straight hair? The top of my hair is always straight up in the air after I wash, but when I brush through it with my denman it starts to curl up like the rest of my head.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 30th March 2010, 1:38 pm

I definitely agree that any braided/twisted set is going to help you achieve the look of one texture regardless of how many you have within your hair. I have three textures and twisted bantu knotouts have definitely help me achieve an overall curly look. I'm not too fond of braidouts and that could be because my braids aren't too large and it's more time consuming to release and fluff.

Before the bantu knots, I twist my freshly cowashed hair with Curls' Curl Souffle and castor oil and then roll my hair with gray perm rods. I use bantu knots to preserve the curl pattern after my hair has air dried and been released from the twists. The knots are only done on dried hair nightly.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down