CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LaToya28

+55
funkyhairchic
rayray19
kinksncurls
Fleur
BajanPrincess82
jeanlouisangel
Renny
cyclingchick
thetiffany
priceless
naturallynola
Treece
freckledmom4
jlowman1
iri9109
nattyblog
newday
WhosThatRedHead
Nikcoils
Buttercup76
TheRYL1
CurlsGalore
Curly_Aquarius
NaturalNixon
curly-me-naturally
sunbaby
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
TMS
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
MellowOne
newcurlieque
MahoganyCurls
mochamoments
DvaAuNaturel
tiashaunteƩ
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
Karyn
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
mstokes2008
Lynnieluve
Muz
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
ktoliver5303
CrissyQ
LaToya28
59 posters

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

LaToya28 - Page 25 Empty Re: LaToya28

Post by Fleur 10th December 2010, 9:32 pm

LaToya, you are too much! You have serious skills. Your baby girl's hair is fabulous, too. And kudos for styling on dry hair. It really does prevent serious shrinkage. We short-haired girls don't need any additional shrinkage, lol.

Wow. Again, very impressive. *bumping this to the top*
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 10th December 2010, 9:43 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Wow! Ok, you are hired! Smile

fleur_nouvelle wrote:LaToya, you are too much! You have serious skills. Your baby girl's hair is fabulous, too. And kudos for styling on dry hair. It really does prevent serious shrinkage. We short-haired girls don't need any additional shrinkage, lol.

Wow. Again, very impressive. *bumping this to the top*

Thanks, you ladies are too kind!! If y'all (or your daughters fleur) ever want your hair done let me know. I need all the practice I can get.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 10th December 2010, 10:08 pm

I just went to check for updats on BGLH and guess whose face popped up? Mine!! Totally wasn't expecting that...I thought they wouldn't post it for at least another month or so.

http://bglhonline.com/2010/12/now-and-then-10/

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 10th December 2010, 11:29 pm

yay for your feature! I thought your face looked familar lol
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 10th December 2010, 11:33 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Ok, ladies here are my updates.

First I have a quick testimony. I've been out of work for the last 5 weeks. I'm a government contractor and the company I was with lost the contract so most of us were switched to a new company, but for some reason my paperwork took a little longer than everyone else's. So I've been calling them for updates only to find out nothing. So yesterday morning I decided that I was fed up with the waiting. I told DH that I was going to call them and resign. Well guess what? I got a call from them around 11:00 saying that everything was completed! How awesome is that?? Nobody can tell me that my God ain't good!! Some might call it a coincedence, but I call it divine intervention, He is always on time and just when you think He's not listening He comes through. I will be working a different shift which means that we'll have to put the kiddos in daycare, but I know that He'll work that out for our good as well. Praise God cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so on to the hair. Here are my pics from last week (week 3 of the twisting challenge). It was my first time wearing twists outside the house and I was sooo nervous, but it turned out great! I was worried for nothing.

LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08310

And here are my twists from this week. I washed, conditioned, and blowdried on Tuesday. I was lazy so I didn't start twisting until the next day. I finished Thursday morning. Oh, and I have found a new staple!! I twisted on dry hair with ORS Smooth n Hold pudding and OMGoodness, I love it!! The shine and hold are fabulous! I'm hoping to keep these twists in until Sunday since I've already used my two free days for the week.

LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08410
LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08510
My thin side Sad
LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08511
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here's a cute updo I did on my daughter's hair...she's my hair idol! The flash makes her hair look dry for some reason, but it's not. I spray it daily with African Pride Olive Miracle Braid Spray...it was only $2.50 at Sally and it works great! Another staple!

LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08411
LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08412
LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08413

And, finally, check out my baby girl's wash n go. It was sooo cute, but it was a beast to detangle the next day. Won't be doing that again!

LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08414

Here's the next day once I got it all smoothed out.

LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08415
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are my updates. Thanks for reading and have a blessed day!

love your girls hair! forgot to mention your hair as well. i love your twist!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 11th December 2010, 12:23 am

Hi Latoya,

I wear braids mostly too and I'm looking for a good braid spray. I looked up the African pride olive miracle spray and there are two different ones a kids version and an African pride olive miracle braid sheen spray. Which one do you use? And if you use the adult version would you mind posting the ingredients, I looked it up and couldn't find it anywhere. The ingredients for the children I found on walgreens.

And do you use it in your hair also?
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th December 2010, 1:38 am

cheers For the feature! You are very skilled with the braids! Those babies look fab!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 11th December 2010, 3:24 am

thetiffany wrote:yay for your feature! I thought your face looked familar lol

thetiffany wrote: love your girls hair! forgot to mention your hair as well. i love your twist!

Thanks tiffany!

kinksncurls wrote:Hi Latoya,

I wear braids mostly too and I'm looking for a good braid spray. I looked up the African pride olive miracle spray and there are two different ones a kids version and an African pride olive miracle braid sheen spray. Which one do you use? And if you use the adult version would you mind posting the ingredients, I looked it up and couldn't find it anywhere. The ingredients for the children I found on walgreens.

And do you use it in your hair also?

Hi kinksncurls, I do use and love this spray on my hair as well. It is not the kids' version. I won't type the whole ingredients list, but here are the first few.

Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG-8, Olive Fruit oil, Tea tree leaf oil, Peppermint leaf extract, Nettle extract, Rosemary leaf extract, etc...fyi it does contain lanolin, a cone, and parabens

sweetdrk1 wrote: cheers For the feature! You are very skilled with the braids! Those babies look fab!

Thanks Sweet!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 11th December 2010, 4:27 am

Thanks LaToya! I'm going to give it a try when I finish the taliah wajid protective mist bodifier that I'm currently using. This stuff keeps my hair really soft but my scalp doesn't seem to like it. I remember using the African Pride spray way back when I wore extension braids but this must be a new one.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th December 2010, 11:58 am

I saw you! You know BGLH is here is chicago, and i have talked with her. i was suppose to go to her place for a showing but i could not make it. Enjoy your saturday.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 11th December 2010, 6:16 pm

I was looking on bglh and was like, "I know her," well not really, but you know what I mean. Congrats on being featured. Your twists are gorgeous and the little ladies'styles are beautiful.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 11th December 2010, 9:01 pm

kinksncurls wrote:Thanks LaToya! I'm going to give it a try when I finish the taliah wajid protective mist bodifier that I'm currently using. This stuff keeps my hair really soft but my scalp doesn't seem to like it. I remember using the African Pride spray way back when I wore extension braids but this must be a new one.

Yes it is new, and it's only $2.99 at Sally's!

CrissyQ wrote:I saw you! You know BGLH is here is chicago, and i have talked with her. i was suppose to go to her place for a showing but i could not make it. Enjoy your saturday.

That's cool that you are in the same city as them...sometimes I wish I lived in a big city.

freckledmom4 wrote:I was looking on bglh and was like, "I know her," well not really, but you know what I mean. Congrats on being featured. Your twists are gorgeous and the little ladies'styles are beautiful.

Thanks freckledmom!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 13th December 2010, 5:51 pm

Happy Monday ladies! Not much going on today, but I took my twists down yesterday, gelled up the sides with clear Ecostyler gel, and wore a puff. I thought it was really cute. I also mixed up some curly buttercream...or whatever you call it. It smells like Miss Jessies curly buttercream so that's what I'm calling it lol. It's a mixture of:

- 1/3 cup of clear Ecostyler gel
- 1/3 cup of Long Aid activator gel
- 2oz. Belle butters mint chocolate butter (cocoa butter, olive butter, macadamia nut oil, peppermint oil)

It has a nice creamy, wet consistency. I'm going to twist with it today. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08512

Oh, almost forgot, I won a $20 Carol's Daughter giftcard last night. I participated in a chat on ournaturalkids.ning.com (please check it out if you have little ones) and my idea for a contest was chosen cheers That's two wins in the last week.

However, CD is having an excellent sale right now so I ordered some of her Tui Smoothie (Nubie is always raving about it) and one of her butters...can't wait to use them. I'll use the giftcard when I need to reorder. I'm sure the CD products will get here before my Hairveda does Rolling Eyes I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order with them (Hairveda). Why should I continue to pay for horrible service? It's week 3 and I haven't heard anything from them. That makes me so mad Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, don't want to end on a bad note so here's my puff pic. I really like this style although it did give me a slight headache.

LaToya28 - Page 25 Dsc08513

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 13th December 2010, 7:39 pm

your puff is cute!! and that's good you can make your own miss jessi instead of spending a arm and leg for some
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2010, 11:16 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I was looking on bglh and was like, "I know her," well not really, but you know what I mean. Congrats on being featured. Your twists are gorgeous and the little ladies'styles are beautiful.
I did the same thing, lol. How nice to be featured on BGLH.

You do an awesome job with your hair and your daughters. Congrats on the wins!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th December 2010, 10:13 am

Thanks Chrs and rayray!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th December 2010, 10:53 am

Congrats on the feature. You and your daughters hair look great.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th December 2010, 12:06 pm

Thanks BBD!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th December 2010, 12:13 pm

Yay for the feature and the CND gift card. The Tui Smoothie was a great choice. I got it bc of Nubie's raves too. I DC'd with it last night under 2 winter hats and my hair was insanely soft when I rinsed. I hope you enjoy it!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:37 pm

All I know is you are a master braider! You MUSt do a video on how you cornrow! You baby girls' hair is beautiful and you did an amazing job on your own! It looks like you are well on you way again! Your hair is growing beautifully! That recipe looks yummy! Can't wait to see your results!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 4:36 pm

So now you are cooking up hair products? Okay...were are close enough...I'm coming to your house to get my hair done. I want braids and can you look up the ingredients and whip me up some AfroVeda? LOL

Lovin your puff!! Looking good Toya!!! Looking good!!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 16th December 2010, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 14th December 2010, 4:53 pm

First off I must say....He definitely is an On Time God!!!! I will definitely give him praise with you.

And for the hair, you look so good!!!! By the way, I am seriously going to swagger jack your daughters hair do's. Yes...both of them LOL!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th December 2010, 4:56 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:First off I must say....He definitely is an On Time God!!!! I will definitely give him praise with you.

And for the hair, you look so good!!!! By the way, I am seriously going to swagger jack your daughters hair do's. Yes...both of them LOL!!!

Swagger jack? confused scratch
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 14th December 2010, 5:05 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
NhappyJackie wrote:First off I must say....He definitely is an On Time God!!!! I will definitely give him praise with you.

Copy cat.....I'll try to recreate these styles on my girls. That's what people say when they see two celebreties in the same style.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th December 2010, 5:07 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:

Copy cat.....I'll try to recreate these styles on my girls. That's what people say when they see two celebreties in the same style.

AHHH OK, thanks jackie. I gotta stay hip, I got a 10 year old and i dont want him to think he can get over on me. lol!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum