CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :(

+15
SheeTacular
LaToya28
Intelligentbeauty
MahoganyCurls
Yellagirlcurls
Juices-n-Berries
BlondeByDesire
mstokes2008
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
sweetdrk1
bholmes87
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
mochamoments
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :(

Post by Yellagirlcurls 23rd March 2010, 4:57 pm

mochamoments wrote:
Yellagirlcurls wrote:Hi there! I'm new to the board too, but noticed you are in Austin! So I had to stop in. Smile I'm discovering that me going natural, really natural, I have a lot to learn. I've never heard of the Accordian method, but your pictures are great. I am a frequent wash and goer and formerly (as in just stopped last week) a constant Chi user so my ends are suffering. I go tomorrow for a cut for some sort of shape. My hair resembles a triangle right about now. lol Anyway, post more pictures and what you use. I'd like to try it soon. Thanks!

Yes I've been in Austin for almost 8 years now. What about you? I will be sure to post pictures of what I use and take more pictures of my hair. I had a really good camera that broke and so I bought a little cheap camera. NOT a good purchase! I hate taking pictures now, because I can never seem to get them to come out right. Sad

Where do you go to get your hair cut. I got my last trim from Janiece in Round Rock at the Courtyard Salon.

I've been in Austin all my life, minus the college years. I have been to the Courtyard Salons but not Janiece. Is she good? Specialize in natural curly hair? The lady I saw today just shaped my hair. She did NOT know what to do when it came to products. I brought my own and after she cut it I put in my stuff. I am liking it ok. I'll post a picture in a bit. She got rid of a lot of the heat-damaged ends, so it's curling much nicer. I'm up in the Round Rock area, you?
Yellagirlcurls
Yellagirlcurls

Back to top Go down

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :(

Post by mochamoments 23rd March 2010, 5:01 pm

[/quote]

I've been in Austin all my life, minus the college years. I have been to the Courtyard Salons but not Janiece. Is she good? Specialize in natural curly hair? The lady I saw today just shaped my hair. She did NOT know what to do when it came to products. I brought my own and after she cut it I put in my stuff. I am liking it ok. I'll post a picture in a bit. She got rid of a lot of the heat-damaged ends, so it's curling much nicer. I'm up in the Round Rock area, you?[/quote]

Janiece has natural hair and is great with naturals as well. She just got her hair locked a few months ago. I live in Georgetown. Are you going to the Miss Jessie's Event in April?
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellagirlcurls 23rd March 2010, 5:13 pm

I'd like to go... I put it in my calendar to. I bet I could learn a few things. I'm all about learning at this point! lol You?
Yellagirlcurls
Yellagirlcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 23rd March 2010, 5:16 pm

Yellagirlcurls wrote:I'd like to go... I put it in my calendar to. I bet I could learn a few things. I'm all about learning at this point! lol You?

I RSVP'd so hopefully I will see you there. Very Happy
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by Yellagirlcurls 23rd March 2010, 5:25 pm

That'd be fun! Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 Icon_smile
Yellagirlcurls
Yellagirlcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 24th March 2010, 11:38 pm

So I tried the Accordian method again to see if I could get some better pics. I took these pictures in the hallway. Very Happy

Same method, HE, Hello Hydration as the conditioner. I am really loving this as a wash and go.

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 DSCF2350-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 DSCF2351-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 DSCF2353-vi
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th March 2010, 12:26 am

I like your coil pattern. It's like pretty tiny baby spirals. Lol. Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2010, 12:27 am

Very nice!!! GREAT JOB!!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 25th March 2010, 11:07 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I like your coil pattern. It's like pretty tiny baby spirals. Lol. Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

That's exactly what's it's like!! LOL I'm surprised you can even see that in these pictures. I'm like what in the world am I supposed to do with these itty bitty curls. LOL I love them though and I am learning to work with them. Thanks!

I'm also glad you said that because I have to remember when I do styles, I'm not going to get the results that other people get because my curls are so tiny. Thanks again

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Very nice!!! GREAT JOB!!!! Very Happy

Thanks IB!!
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th March 2010, 11:09 am

Awww shucks now!! Look at those coily curls! Great results!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 25th March 2010, 11:16 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Awww shucks now!! Look at those coily curls! Great results!!

Thanks Sweet!

What hair type would you ladies say I have? I know my curls are definitely coily except for in the very fron of my head I have some kind of cotton ball puff thing going on. That's why I wear my headbands to cover it up! LOL
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 25th March 2010, 11:21 am

mochamoments wrote:
Yellagirlcurls wrote:I'd like to go... I put it in my calendar to. I bet I could learn a few things. I'm all about learning at this point! lol You?

Hi Mochamoments! I'm so happy to see other curlies in my area...seems like everyone is always in Houston or Dallas. I am definitely planning to attend, hope to see you both there. I'd also like to plan a meetup sometime in the future.

Your hair looks great, btw! You have beautiful coils.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 25th March 2010, 11:29 am

LaToya28 wrote:
mochamoments wrote:

Hi Mochamoments! I'm so happy to see other curlies in my area...seems like everyone is always in Houston or Dallas. I am definitely planning to attend, hope to see you both there. I'd also like to plan a meetup sometime in the future.

Your hair looks great, btw! You have beautiful coils.

Thanks!! I'll be looking for you. Check out Do You Austin. The ladies in the group are all naturals and they meet quite often. I will post a link for their website and facebook page.
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 25th March 2010, 11:36 am

Ok cool, I will check it out.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th March 2010, 12:30 pm

Your hair type: You are in the "4" family.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 25th March 2010, 2:35 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Your hair type: You are in the "4" family.

ok, Thanks! Do you know of any others on here that have hair that looks similar to mine? I want to see how they style and take care of their hair.
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 25th March 2010, 11:22 pm

Alright I'm going to co-wash my hair tonight and try some twist. I guess if they don't work out well I can always rock a curly fro. I gonna try the Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme. My stylist tried it on me once and I hated it, but I think it was because she used way too much.

So I will have results in the morning. Nite ladies.
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 25th March 2010, 11:30 pm

I'm a little late but your curls are delightful! They're so cute and small and spiraly Smile Great job on the WnG!!!!
And good luck on the twist! I think they're turn out great Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 26th March 2010, 5:43 pm

bholmes87 wrote:I'm a little late but your curls are delightful! They're so cute and small and spiraly Smile Great job on the WnG!!!!
And good luck on the twist! I think they're turn out great Very Happy

Thanks! I'm still working on the twist thing. LOL
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 26th March 2010, 6:00 pm

Here are the results of my attempted twist out. This time actually looks the best it ever has, but I still have a lot to learn. I will not be defeated by my hair! LOL

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 DSCF2366-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 DSCF2367-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 DSCF2368-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 DSCF2370-vi

Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 DSCF2381-vi

Alright Ladies. Any advice on how to make this look better would be greatly appreciated!!! Very Happy
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th March 2010, 6:12 pm

I'd suggest picking out the roots to cover the parts. Also, next time make smaller twists, this helps with that. I'm still learning too. Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 Icon_smile
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 26th March 2010, 6:48 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I'd suggest picking out the roots to cover the parts. Also, next time make smaller twists, this helps with that. I'm still learning too. Mochamoments- Dry Flat Twists-Can't get my pics to post. :( - Page 2 Icon_smile

Thanks! I will try those and see what happens. Smile
mochamoments
mochamoments

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 27th March 2010, 11:05 am

welcome!!! WnG looks good. Good twistout as well.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 11:14 am

What product did you use for your twist?

JnB gave good advice. Make your twist smaller. Try not to make a center part because it will be hard to cover. Check out my fotki so see how small I make my two strand twist (I would post pics here but my pics arent on this laptop). Check my 6 month natural album.

A good product for definition + small two strand twist = Great twist outs

Also when you take the two strand twist out, untwist in the opposite direction and the twist will make a small opening near the root. Put you finger in the opening and pull the twist apart gently.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th March 2010, 11:30 am

thats a good tutorial for untwisting lynnie; esp cuz im so impatient. i just straight pull em apart, lol. but great advice, smaller twist come out better and last longer!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next