CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

silk peptide

2 posters

Go down

silk peptide Empty silk peptide

Post by chocolate-kinks 11th March 2010, 12:01 pm

I was thinking of adding this into my shea mix. Has anyone tried this? if so, how is it really used, and if you add it to your shea mixes, which one do you add (the liquid or powder). Thanks Smile
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

silk peptide Empty Re: silk peptide

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 1:42 pm

I have added the liquid to my deep conditioners and shea butter creams. For me it helps to stop the breakage. I don't add the powder to it because it's kind of gritty. The soy butter powder works better in my butters. The guar cart is soft but doesn't mix well with thick creams

I add the silk powder to my sprays. but I don't use it that much, still gritty on my hair.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th March 2010, 1:47 pm

makeupvixen wrote:I have added the liquid to my deep conditioners and shea butter creams. For me it helps to stop the breakage. I don't add the powder to it because it's kind of gritty. The soy butter powder works better in my butters. The guar cart is soft but doesn't mix well with thick creams

I add the silk powder to my sprays. but I don't use it that much, still gritty on my hair.

Oh okay, Thanks. When you used the powder, how did you mix it? Do you think you may have added too much, or you did not mix it well?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 1:51 pm

I used a spray bottle(16 oz) it had Aloe Vera Juice, Rose Water mixed in it with a little Coconut Water in it. I added about 1/4 a teaspoon if the silk powder to it and shook. It just didn't dissolve enough. I put it in the fridge (got to keep the aloe vera juice cold) and let it sit till the next day. Shook, sprayed and got gritty particals on my hair from the powder.

I tried it in a milky cream and got the same response.

Maybe I have to boil it.....

Oh and I got the powder from New Directions online.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th March 2010, 1:55 pm

makeupvixen wrote:I used a spray bottle(16 oz) it had Aloe Vera Juice, Rose Water mixed in it with a little Coconut Water in it. I added about 1/4 a teaspoon if the silk powder to it and shook. It just didn't dissolve enough. I put it in the fridge (got to keep the aloe vera juice cold) and let it sit till the next day. Shook, sprayed and got gritty particals on my hair from the powder.

I tried it in a milky cream and got the same response.

Maybe I have to boil it.....

Oh and I got the powder from New Directions online.

Thank you, and I'll take a look at that. I'm just surprised your got the girtty issues. From what I've read no one has really had any issue. All I heard was that it has an odor.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 1:58 pm

Ohh the only place where is didn't cause a problem was my Mascara. I grew my lashes out and it works great in there. I don't wear false lashes anymore, YAY.

The smell I never mind because I mix my own scents plus it wasn't all funky like Aphrogee Treatment or anything, lol.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th March 2010, 2:01 pm

makeupvixen wrote:Ohh the only place where is didn't cause a problem was my Mascara. I grew my lashes out and it works great in there. I don't wear false lashes anymore, YAY.

The smell I never mind because I mix my own scents plus it wasn't all funky like Aphrogee Treatment or anything, lol.

Lol about the fake eyelash. Aphogee does not work for my hair, it actually had my scalp burning. I think its wayyy to strong for me.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 2:06 pm

I hardly every use the Aphrogee stuff, it stinks and I don't notice a difference in breakage or anything, plus the process is long. What worked for me is the Aubrey's Organic GPB, oh and I add some SAA to it and it works great and the smell is ok. I applied it to dry hair, wait 15 mintues (as i watch YouTube or No1 Ladies Detective Agency episodes) the rinse with warm water, no breakge, YAY.

Not having to apply those lashes cuts 5 minutes off my morning routine, lol. Now I;ve added teeth whitening to take it's place, lol.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th March 2010, 2:08 pm

makeupvixen wrote:I hardly every use the Aphrogee stuff, it stinks and I don't notice a difference in breakage or anything, plus the process is long. What worked for me is the Aubrey's Organic GPB, oh and I add some SAA to it and it works great and the smell is ok. I applied it to dry hair, wait 15 mintues (as i watch YouTube or No1 Ladies Detective Agency episodes) the rinse with warm water, no breakge, YAY.

Not having to apply those lashes cuts 5 minutes off my morning routine, lol. Now I;ve added teeth whitening to take it's place, lol.

Lol thats awesome about your eyelashes Smile. I've heard great things about Aubrey' Organic. A natural I met on the train said she recommended the conditioner. Also what does SAA mean? I saw it in another post and have no idea what it is.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 2:11 pm

Silk Amino Acid

Next I'm trying their white camellia conditioner, I got it from iherbs.com in December but haven't got to try it yet. I'm going to try it this weekend, perhaps today after work. I heard it makes the hair really soft and manageable, I can't wait. The Honey Suckle Rose is cool but I need more out of my conditioner that what i get from it.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th March 2010, 2:17 pm

makeupvixen wrote:Silk Amino Acid

Next I'm trying their white camellia conditioner, I got it from iherbs.com in December but haven't got to try it yet. I'm going to try it this weekend, perhaps today after work. I heard it makes the hair really soft and manageable, I can't wait. The Honey Suckle Rose is cool but I need more out of my conditioner that what i get from it.

I might give Aubrey's a try b/c naturals seem to talk so well about it. I use VO5 condish and it works great on my hair. The best one is the Tea clarifier. Talking about Silk Amino, I was just looking that up too. One of the naturals on this website is sending me some silk peptide, so I will give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'll try the SAA. I had a condish that has SAA and my hair LOVED IT. I'm going to have to buy more.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 2:19 pm

The best one with it already in it that I have tried is Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner, of course I add more SAA to it and some JBCO but my hair responds great to it.

Good luck and I hope it works for you. I may have to post my Peptide on the swap board for something else....
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th March 2010, 2:22 pm

makeupvixen wrote:The best one with it already in it that I have tried is Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner, of course I add more SAA to it and some JBCO but my hair responds great to it.

Good luck and I hope it works for you. I may have to post my Peptide on the swap board for something else....

Yeah they really do seem to be the best. Thanks, and yeah you may have to do that.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th March 2010, 2:41 pm

Hey where did you buy your SAA?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content