CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just started transitioning!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Just started transitioning!!!! Empty Just started transitioning!!!!

Post by Butterfly126 7th March 2010, 5:00 pm

HI!
Sadly I have had relaxed hair since age 5 or 6. I don't even know what my natural hair looks like. (My grandmother is Dominican so I'm hoping for beautiful curls LOL) I have had long, straight hair my whole life. I just turned 20 in January and got my last perm before my birthday. A couple weeks ago I made a big decision to stop relaxing my hair. I have never had short hair so I'm not ready for a BC, but I plan on growing my natural hair and trimming my ends every other month or so. Right now I'm dealing with two different textures and its not that bad...YET! I'm thinking of buying a wig because I don't feel "pretty" anymore when I go out with my friends. What do I do with my hair while I'm transitioning and what do I use?!! I am currently using Optimum Care products (I also used Optimum Care relaxer). I'm guessing I shouldn't be using a line of products that goes with a relaxer that I will no longer need ; )
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Just started transitioning!!!! Empty Re: Just started transitioning!!!!

Post by Janique 7th March 2010, 5:55 pm

I just turned 20 in January as well go us lol! I've been transitioning for 18 months so far...during the beginning stages of my transition...i did kinky twists, sew-ins, cornrows...ponytails etc....it's good to use protective styles while you're learning to deal with your natural hair...i didn't figure out how to handle my texture until about a year into my transition...originally, I was following the method used at http://www.growafrohairlong.com/
I personally like Aussie products and giovanni as well. It's good to start using more natural products that your natural hair well love like extra virgin olive and coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, etc. You just really have to develop a good regime or routine and start treating your hair like it's totally natural already...
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 8th March 2010, 11:05 am

I agree with Janique. You def want to start treating your hair like it is totally natural. and you can do tnc's these are great . twist outs bantu knot ours all of these can be really nice.
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 8th March 2010, 12:01 pm

Deciding to join the CN.com family is a great start. As you browse through this site you'll discover an abundant amount of info to help you along. I'm a long term transitioner and have been going strong and patient for about 18 months and hope to BC in September. I love my hair now and am so happy I made the decision to transition. I receive unconditional support from my loved ones.

The products mentioned can be found at your local BSS and health food stores. Remember to keep your hair well moisturized and protected from the elements. Invest in a satin cap, pillowcase or scarf to protect your strands at night. HTH. Chao bella.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down