CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control"

+67
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
NikG20
Pi*Jay
lovesunshine17
Nikcoils
MellowOne
mstokes2008
NylaCoils
BlakButterfli
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
truet
rebelrocks
CurlCita
Muz
LaToya28
CrissyQ
traveljunkie08
mochamoments
newcurlieque
jcanalena79
Mz. Thang
TheRYL1
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
StephanieB
Kea::curls
MsJay1121
Cherry: extraordinary!
dajewel
tiashaunteƩ
CocaColaCutie
CocoEuro
Juices-n-Berries
jamaicacurl
NaturalNixon
PaganWifey
Erica5417
neethair
TerraD
A85
blondie
NubieNatty
Shauny
missmoriah
Winnielours
Notthecoolmom
Free2Be
MahoganyCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
Serenity23
curly+kinky+fierce
FemmeFox
p_nuttie43
Lynnieluve
sunbaby
SheeTacular
d.denise
AfrikanLatina
curlyboricua
BlondeByDesire
deeply_rooted_chick
C.
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
71 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 Empty Re: Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control"

Post by Free2Be 3rd March 2010, 4:43 pm

I love your hair. The curls are perfect and the color divine. I'm jealous.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 Empty Re: Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control"

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd March 2010, 6:05 pm

Free2Be wrote:I love your hair. The curls are perfect and the color divine. I'm jealous.
Thank you!!! and don't be...I am sure your curls are Lovely too!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 3rd March 2010, 8:23 pm

Loving your twists...I need to work on the attitude. I try to tell myself that I'm thankful for a job, but sometimes I slip and I just want to scream, "WHY ARE YOU CREATING UNNECESSARY WORK!" but then I realize they lock people up for stuff like that and I prefer not to have padded walls.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd March 2010, 11:46 pm

Notthecoolmom wrote:Loving your twists...I need to work on the attitude. I try to tell myself that I'm thankful for a job, but sometimes I slip and I just want to scream, "WHY ARE YOU CREATING UNNECESSARY WORK!" but then I realize they lock people up for stuff like that and I prefer not to have padded walls.

THANKS and uhm...Yes no random outburst!! That may not go over well. LOL

Hair update:

I re-twisted, used my shea butter mix to moisturize. My goal is to get to the end of the week. I think I will co-wash and twist again but this time use something with a little hold. Any suggestions?

SN: I love Random photos...my daughter and I were playing around and she didn't want me to take a pic...lookSweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 Dsc01517 I love it, gonna frame it! well I am off to look around. Catch you around..
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th March 2010, 12:06 am

Sweet that picture of your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! What a great candid camera moment! Those are the pics I like too Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 4th March 2010, 12:55 am

Yeah frame it, it's rare you get a good candid picture. Hubby is always like "where's the camera?" when we want to catch that moment.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 4th March 2010, 2:12 am

aww very cute pic of the daughter! those are the rare moments that count so much!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th March 2010, 10:58 am

Hi Sweet,

Nice candid shot of your daughter ... so special
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th March 2010, 11:26 am

Keith Harrell's Attitude is everything card for the day says "What has happened is not nearly as important as what can happen. I look to the possibilities of my future for direction, foresaking the burdensome limitations of my past"

Good mawnin Curlfriends,

Nothing much to share with the hair today. Still rocking the twistout but today I pulled it back
Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 Img00311Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 Img00312
My hair is soft and that I love, I will continue to work on my twist until I get the result that is in my head! LOL!

This morning driving in I was listening to a CD the girls at the salon made for me when I was diagnosed..."because the Lord is my sheppard, I have everything I need. He lets me rest in the meadows grass and He leads me beside the quiet stream..he restored my failing health and he helps me do what honors Him the most. That's why I am safe in His arms"

The devil is circling around me at work...after almost 20 years (July) I may not have a job! I have so much happening to me at the same time, it has to mean I am ready for it! and like the song says "I am so glad He will hide me" and I will continue to be safe in His arms.

Have a great day Curlies!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 4th March 2010, 1:37 pm

Hey sweet I know you been goin through it and I hope and pray that your spirits are higher. God will see you through I know he will. On the hair note CHEERS FOR SOFT HAIR. I did a coil out today and my hair was soft as well. I hope you have a wonderful day full of productiveness...lol
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th March 2010, 1:46 pm

missmoriahiscurly wrote:Hey sweet I know you been goin through it and I hope and pray that your spirits are higher. God will see you through I know he will. On the hair note CHEERS FOR SOFT HAIR. I did a coil out today and my hair was soft as well. I hope you have a wonderful day full of productiveness...lol
thank you!! I LOVE that Avatar!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 4th March 2010, 2:09 pm

Your very welcome! and thanks! i posted some pictures in my challenge thread.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th March 2010, 3:03 pm

Sweet your hair has been looking wonderful lately. WOW Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 678474
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th March 2010, 3:04 pm

Sweet I love the hair as always. Safe in His arms has been my favorite song by Milton Brunson. I even love the remakes. Just remember you are safe in His arms and He knows what you have need of before you even need it.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 4th March 2010, 3:22 pm

I see you with those twist outs. You trying to give Lynnie a run for her money huh. They look great and I LOVE your color. Is that from a henna or just a regular tint? Keep playing with the products to see what works best with the results you want for your twists.
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th March 2010, 3:41 pm

Hi Sweet~

Your twist out it tight!!!! Soft did you say??? Hmmmmmm....I can't wait until the end of this month. I'm gonna get some Pooka for sure. Hope it plays well with Oyin..

Anyway...love that picture of your daughter, and remember when there seems like there is trouble all around you remember like you said God has a plan!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th March 2010, 4:41 pm

ok sweets...im so surprised that my coils lasted 6 days! mainly cuz i been too lazy to do anything else (and busy) but im takin em down to do "the works" (i.e. poo, cond, dt). i refreshed em everyday w/my mix of water-rosemary-tea tree-castor-almond and jojoba AND maybe every other day i re-coiled some w/either afroveda's butter or safi avocado butter (which definitely moisturizes and its thicker)...my question is...

i sleep with a satin cap on becuz i notice i retain more moisture vs just sleeping w/o on a satin pillowcase; how do you keep ur coils in tact in the back of your head w/o causing alot of frizz? i've yet to use gel which im sure will give me more hold so..do you mix the gel w/some butter or styler so you dont have to double dip and do twice the work or what?

i noticed more frizz within the last 2 days so its safe to say my coils last me a good 4 days!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th March 2010, 6:44 pm

Yes, He will protect and keep you. I will continue to pray for you my sister in Christ.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th March 2010, 6:53 pm

We're definitely praying for you!!! And I love that song "Safe in His Arms" because the Lord is my high tower, my protection, my shield, my strength my EVERYTHING!!! What a mighty God we serve Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th March 2010, 7:44 pm

missmoriahiscurly wrote:Your very welcome! and thanks! i posted some pictures in my challenge thread.
I am going to see the rest of the beauty!!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Sweet your hair has been looking wonderful lately. WOW Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 678474
thank you!! I love your curls!!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Sweet I love the hair as always. Safe in His arms has been my favorite song by Milton Brunson. I even love the remakes. Just remember you are safe in His arms and He knows what you have need of before you even need it.
I been singing it all day!! Thank you

Shauny wrote:I see you with those twist outs. You trying to give Lynnie a run for her money huh. They look great and I LOVE your color. Is that from a henna or just a regular tint? Keep playing with the products to see what works best with the results you want for your twists.
THank you SHauny I had it done professionally. I will not give up!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Sweet~

Your twist out it tight!!!! Soft did you say??? Hmmmmmm....I can't wait until the end of this month. I'm gonna get some Pooka for sure. Hope it plays well with Oyin..

Anyway...love that picture of your daughter, and remember when there seems like there is trouble all around you remember like you said God has a plan!!!!
thank you!! yeah I am curious about that Oyin stuff!!

NubieNatty wrote:ok sweets...im so surprised that my coils lasted 6 days! mainly cuz i been too lazy to do anything else (and busy) but im takin em down to do "the works" (i.e. poo, cond, dt). i refreshed em everyday w/my mix of water-rosemary-tea tree-castor-almond and jojoba AND maybe every other day i re-coiled some w/either afroveda's butter or safi avocado butter (which definitely moisturizes and its thicker)...my question is...

i sleep with a satin cap on becuz i notice i retain more moisture vs just sleeping w/o on a satin pillowcase; how do you keep ur coils in tact in the back of your head w/o causing alot of frizz? i've yet to use gel which im sure will give me more hold so..do you mix the gel w/some butter or styler so you dont have to double dip and do twice the work or what?

i noticed more frizz within the last 2 days so its safe to say my coils last me a good 4 days!
Hey there, my back is ALWAYS flat! LOL! I use my shea butter mix (unrefined shea butter and Pooka Hair nectar) when I touch them up in the morning by twirling them around my finger. I always have to pay special attention to the back. I haven't figured out how to stop that from happening! scratch

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, He will protect and keep you. I will continue to pray for you my sister in Christ.
*hugs & kisses* Thank you!!

bholmes87 wrote:We're definitely praying for you!!! And I love that song "Safe in His Arms" because the Lord is my high tower, my protection, my shield, my strength my EVERYTHING!!! What a mighty God we serve Sweetdrk1 says "Sasha Shrinkage is in control" - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Amen!!

Ladies thanks for all the love..it is appreciated. I don't want to sound like I always have issues..I decided on my drive home that I am simply taking life's pop quiz and I WILL pass! Love you ladies!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 4th March 2010, 9:05 pm

I will pray for you Sweet...sometimes you gotta put your issues out on the table (I know I do) and then turn to the Lord let know you pass them on to Him.

(wow...I need to take my own advice)
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2010, 9:10 pm

It's only a test you're going through
It's gonna be over, real soon
Keep the faith, Don't give up
For it's only a TEST!!

Keep the FAITH, Don't give up, It's only a test, It's only a test
No matter what you're going through, Don't give up, It's only a test
Hold on, Be strong, It's only a test

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 4th March 2010, 9:49 pm

Sweet I may have just started experiencing life's ups and downs but there is always a reason for everything. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger! All these sayings have survived so long because they are relevant and absolutely true! You can make it through anything life throw's your way!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 4th March 2010, 10:39 pm

As usual, the hair is looking beautiful!!!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 4th March 2010, 11:08 pm

ur hair looks lovely sweet!!!!!! i really like ur twist out =)
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next