CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a girl to do (seriously)???

+6
PaganWifey
luv2pamper
CostaKink
tiashaunteƩ
NaturalNixon
MissFierce21
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is a girl to do (seriously)??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a girl to do (seriously)???

Post by akaprincess00 12th March 2010, 11:21 pm

I'm a little late to the punch but I think you should just hold on to the commercial products. I'm a 80/20 girl so I have mostly natural products that I use but I had to get rid of alot of commercial products to get to this point. I first started adding EVOO & Coconut oil to all of my commercial products to pump of the moisturizing qualities. This made a big difference in how my hair reacted to them. It made them feel less drying than in their original state. I then started going through & taking out the products that I knew I would never use again (i.e. Miss Jessie, gels, glossers) and put them in a box. I started asking other curlies that I knew if they wanted any of it. I gave out what I could. I took the remaining & added a few treats (i.e. earrings, nail polish, small tubes of my fav products) to make a care package for a curly church member who's away in college. She was so excited & really appreciated it because money is really tight with her. Be creative with it so that you don't feel like you didn't give it a fair chance & you waster money.
akaprincess00
akaprincess00

Back to top Go down

What is a girl to do (seriously)??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a girl to do (seriously)???

Post by MissFierce21 13th March 2010, 12:53 am

akaprincess00 wrote:I'm a little late to the punch but I think you should just hold on to the commercial products. I'm a 80/20 girl so I have mostly natural products that I use but I had to get rid of alot of commercial products to get to this point. I first started adding EVOO & Coconut oil to all of my commercial products to pump of the moisturizing qualities. This made a big difference in how my hair reacted to them. It made them feel less drying than in their original state. I then started going through & taking out the products that I knew I would never use again (i.e. Miss Jessie, gels, glossers) and put them in a box. I started asking other curlies that I knew if they wanted any of it. I gave out what I could. I took the remaining & added a few treats (i.e. earrings, nail polish, small tubes of my fav products) to make a care package for a curly church member who's away in college. She was so excited & really appreciated it because money is really tight with her. Be creative with it so that you don't feel like you didn't give it a fair chance & you waster money.

Thanks for the advice.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2