CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half n' Half

4 posters

Go down

Half n' Half Empty Half n' Half

Post by BornAgainCurlz 28th February 2010, 1:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a complete newbie to the site and to the natural world and I could use some help.

I last permed my hair sometime in May 2009. I was terrified of doing the BC because I was so use to having great length so I grew it out for about 7 months and then cut (my hair grows surprising fast). At first the look was so different from what I knew that I just hid it under a hat which worked just fine since its really cold here (I now have a drawer and a trunk full of hats lol). But after a month of living incognito I've been getting used to my new hair. Just the other day I looked in the mirror and said, "Hair do as you wish, I will not fight you anymore!" lol (I assure you that talking to myself in the mirror is not a common thing).

As I preceeded to style my hair I realized that the hair at the back of my head curls relatively nicely when I put product in it but the front is a whole different story. It wont curl just frizzes. When I put something it it to control the frizz it gets even straighter! It looks like I blowdried the front half of my hair. I've been using some mousse to help it curl but I don't want to use too much of it.

Does anyone know what I can do to help? Or at least figure out why? I've heard of people of having different textures in their hair but mine seems so drastic.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Half n' Half Empty Re: Half n' Half

Post by jcanalena79 28th February 2010, 5:10 pm

Hi!

Your story reminds me of something I recently read about there being another "type" of hair --- I've forgotten the term --- between your true natural hair and the relaxed ends you cut off, which occurs especially when transitioning (versus ppl who just BC and start from scratch). The drastic nature may have something to do with the front part needing another trim to get rid of that in-between not-natural-yet-not-relaxed hair.

HTH!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 28th February 2010, 6:07 pm

Great! thanks a million i really appreciate it
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 1st March 2010, 12:19 am

Sometimes too that's just the natural texture of your hair. My hair is really curly/coily on the right side. The left is wavy, and the front of the left side is straight!!!! For now, I just find was to blend the two textures: Twisting, braiding, and rollers!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyswan 3rd March 2010, 12:46 am

Hello BornAgainCurlz! You're not alone. Actually, my hair is pretty similar to CurlieCutes1121's hair. Right side is very curly, left side has a loose wave for the most part but the front left top half (hope that makes sense) is straight! This section forms some semblance of a curl at the root sometimes but the rest of it is straight. Like CurlieCutes, I too have learned to blend the textures through twisting and rollers. It use to really bug me but now I have accepted that it is what it is. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good luck.

-CurlySwan
curlyswan
curlyswan

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 3rd March 2010, 10:03 am

*sigh* this may get a little tricky. lol at least i can always wear one of my kagillion headbands to cover up the front until i can figure out what to do.

thanks for the help everyone!!!
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down