CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the maximum amount of time you can leave a deep conditoner in?

+6
CurlsGalore
NubieNatty
blondie
Janique
xtremelyperfect
Mrsafro
10 posters

Go down

What's the maximum amount of time you can leave a deep conditoner in? Empty What's the maximum amount of time you can leave a deep conditoner in?

Post by Mrsafro 26th February 2010, 6:33 pm

Hi ...
I just wanted to know how long should you leave a deep condtioner in b4 u wash it out. (especially after a henna treatment!)

Thanks
xx

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

What's the maximum amount of time you can leave a deep conditoner in? Empty Re: What's the maximum amount of time you can leave a deep conditoner in?

Post by xtremelyperfect 26th February 2010, 7:05 pm

I've never left my deep conditioner in for over an hour. I look at it as too much of a good thing can be bad, lol. I deep condition with Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet conditioner, honey and EVOO. HTH! Smile
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

What's the maximum amount of time you can leave a deep conditoner in? Empty Re: What's the maximum amount of time you can leave a deep conditoner in?

Post by Mrsafro 26th February 2010, 7:21 pm

Lol thanks ... I do my henna an it takes the whole day .. When it comes the DC I feel like sleeping with it in. ... I might not do it now lol

thanks xx

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 26th February 2010, 7:59 pm

I know a lot of people sleep with it in...I don't think it would be harmful..I guess as long as it doesn't have too much protein in it....
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsafro 26th February 2010, 8:35 pm

To janique...

Wat products have too much protien in them ?

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 26th February 2010, 8:41 pm

I was saying that if a deep conditioner that contains protein in it is left overnight, it might make your hair hard if your protein sensitive. A regular moisturizing conditioner left overnight shouldn't have any ill effects.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsafro 26th February 2010, 9:10 pm

Lol kk

Thanks

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 26th February 2010, 11:17 pm

The longest I've left a DC in was 3 days.

Lawd...that was some soft hair!

I use DC's as leave ins, just make sure they are non-protein. Even if you aren't protein sensitive (like me) you could mess your hair up if you overload it with protein.

If you have questions about if something has protein, look on the Curlmart site. It notates if a product has protein, among other things. You could get a list of DCs that are non-protein.

My Honey Child has WONDERFUL conditioners and DCs, they are all natural and she has both protein and non. You can also take a good conditioner, add a few things and use that as a DC. You can PM me if you'd like a few recipes.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th February 2010, 12:23 am

only dc i leave in overnight is oils! i left my mj rapid recovery in overnight one time and didnt notice a big difference. its scary to me when its too soft!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 27th February 2010, 12:58 am

For me, 30-45 minutes.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 27th February 2010, 2:01 am

I sleep in my DCs all the time and only have had good results. Especially after doing a henna treatment I find it easier to sleep in the conditioner since I usually don't feel like doing anything else to my hair after a henna treatment and the rinsing that it requires. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris8 27th February 2010, 2:07 am

I sleep in my DC's too every time I do them because I don't have a heat cap so I want to make sure that I soak up all the nutrients. lol...My hair always feels wonderfully soft afterwards.
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 27th February 2010, 3:59 am

Um... I have left DC in from an hour to me falling asleep with it on (not all the time on purpose). I have to DC a lot because I am in a dry dessert climate. If you want to know how it feels out here, turn your oven on too 150 leave it open sit in front of is and use a blow dryer and let it blow on your face... Yes IT IS HOT OUT HERE!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsafro 27th February 2010, 5:50 am

Thanks ladies ... I decided to dc with EVOO and tea tree oil. Like Afrikan Latina I'm too tired after a henna.

To KtOliver
I kno how u feel. I live in cold conditions. I the sun comes out it's onli for an hour other it is always raining cold and damp.
Ever since I've bc'd (13th Feb) my hair hair as always been under a scarf and hat!!

Thanks once again for the advice x

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 27th February 2010, 6:38 am

blondie wrote:The longest I've left a DC in was 3 days.

Lawd...that was some soft hair!

I use DC's as leave ins, just make sure they are non-protein. Even if you aren't protein sensitive (like me) you could mess your hair up if you overload it with protein.

If you have questions about if something has protein, look on the Curlmart site. It notates if a product has protein, among other things. You could get a list of DCs that are non-protein.

My Honey Child has WONDERFUL conditioners and DCs, they are all natural and she has both protein and non. You can also take a good conditioner, add a few things and use that as a DC. You can PM me if you'd like a few recipes.
soooo that's your secret to those luscious curls!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down