CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED A GOOD CONDITONER!!! HELP!!!

3 posters

Go down

NEED A GOOD CONDITONER!!! HELP!!! Empty NEED A GOOD CONDITONER!!! HELP!!!

Post by SoulfulSweetz 12th February 2010, 12:19 am

Hello, Im a newbie to the natural fam. Its been 2 months since I did my BC and things are, well, ok so far... But Im looking for a good conditioner to use.. Currently I am using Tresseme Curl Definition, and I have been noticing some shedding more than usual. Should I try something else? and if so, do yall have any suggestions as of what to try?

~Love, Peace & FRO
SoulfulSweetz
SoulfulSweetz

https://www.youtube.com/Soulfulsweetz

Back to top Go down

NEED A GOOD CONDITONER!!! HELP!!! Empty Re: NEED A GOOD CONDITONER!!! HELP!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 12th February 2010, 11:45 am

I don't know if you NEED to try something else, but I think you do if you are noticing more shedding after just 2 months. You can try Cantu Shea butter Leave-in. A lot of people rave about it. But I said I didnt' want to use it because it is not all-natural and a few other reasons.
My Testimony:
I bought it for my daughter (transitioner) and decided to try it on myself to see what the results would be. The first time I used it I was like "This stuff is so thick I'm taking it back to the BSS tomorrow" Got up the next morning and noticed a little more shrinkage than usual. So now I'm like "That's it". I cowashed about 2 times that day to wash it out. The 3rd day I noticed how dry and hard my hair looked and I remembered how soft and shiny it was with the Cantu leave-in. Now.....I can't live without it. I use it every single time I wash and if I'm wearing a puff I apply a little extra to my edges to help slick them down. When I wear a washNgo I can go about 4-5days in between washes without my hair looking dry or frizzy.
The only down fall is, if I use gel in my hair with this condish I get little white ball thingies in my hair. They almost look like dandruff. For that reason, I am looking for a comparable replacement or a different gel that wont give those results. But I must say, that stuff is the bomb!!!!!!!!
Oh, and it reduces breakage and damage.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulfulSweetz 12th February 2010, 4:37 pm

Ok.. I mos def have to try that!!! I've heard numerous people telling me that Cantu works pretty good, minus that fact that its cream based so it doesn't mix well with gels. But I use Miss Jessie's curly Pudding when I do my Wash n' Go's so hopefully the Cantu Conditioner won't have that effect with it...

Thanks!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SoulfulSweetz
SoulfulSweetz

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 12th February 2010, 6:53 pm

are you looking for a conditioner to cowash, deep condition or leave in???

I use about 3 different kinds of conditioner for cowashing: Herbal Essence hello Hydration (HEHH) is my staple, I also have giovanni 50:50 condioner that feels pretty good in my hair. and Just bought giovanni Tea tree condioner (we will see how that works this weekend). I also found this everyday condioner called shikai, its a really natural conditioner and i usually use that with my HEHH. it makes it really easy to detangle my hair.

for deep conditioner ive started using ORS deep replenishing condioner and i like how that has my hair feelings. But I do have this Megasilk olive oil Moisturizing treatment that i use probably 1x a week when i cowash... it makes my hair pretty soft and moisturzing.

Leave in conditioner, i've got infusium 23 down pack!!! mixed it with some oil and water and its a great leave in conditioner that i use in the morning when i wake up and also through out the day to keep my hair looking and feeling moisturzied. I also use fruitiz (I don't know how the heck its spelled) its a pretty creamy leave in so I use it when ive cowashed my hair and just leaving it out for bed. like a wash n go....

By the way Congrats on your BC. I BC'd last saturday (yeah ima newbie myself!) so im learning what works for my hair also
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulfulSweetz 13th February 2010, 12:57 am

Congrats on your BC!! I love it!!! and yes Im looking for a leave in conditioner. I bought the HEHH today, I loved the way it felt when I did my co-wash.. As of now Im using a leave in by Cream of Nature but Im not really liking the way it feels..
SoulfulSweetz
SoulfulSweetz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down