CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!!

+18
Music8192
bambiix2
KinkyNappyHappy
splitsun
MomnWife
AfrikanLatina
blondie
MellowOne
jcanalena79
HAMPTONSFNST
LadyMika
PaganWifey
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
ktoliver5303
natural83
CreoleLady88
Blackdoll83
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!!

Post by splitsun 25th February 2010, 1:01 pm

MomnWife wrote:So, what are some good products to put on my hair everyday? I've been using shea butter, but I'm still not quite getting the look that I want.

what look are you going for?
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th February 2010, 1:22 pm

jcanalena79 wrote:I LOVE Miss Jessie's for my hair ... Curly Buttercreme gives my 3b/c hair moisture for daaaayz. The Curly Meringue gives hold and my hair which can get SUPER BIG lays down and my curls really stretch out. I put leave-in conditioner in first and then I put the Miss Jessie's in, so my hair gets more than enough moisture. It's more than just looking at an ingredient list - you have to know how/when to use the products. They say mineral oil seals the strands and doesn't let moisture in ... well, so does jojoba oil, etc. ... so put the moisturizer in first. Plus there definitely is a technique to using the products, and diff strokes for diff folks. I used to simply use the curly pudding and wash n go and my curls separated and my hair was dry. I learned more about moisturizing and changed things accordingly. The meringue gives my curls the hold they needed (so they didn't separate) and the buttercream provided the moisture. I highly recommend that regimen for 3b/c 100% natural hair.

Just my 2cents [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I too have a curlie friend that loves MJ...I like the Curly Meringue. The key is to do exactly what you indicated; use a good moisturing conditioner under the product. My friend's hair is beautiful and she doesn't have any damage ...i.e. breakage or drying.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bambiix2 25th February 2010, 2:34 pm

you can watch it on this blog
http://newlynatural.com/blog/

also ... that lady Simone who was talking about the product was a member of LHCF a while ago .. and she was using Miss JEssie's FOREVER

http://www.missjessies.com/03_pictures/banda1.htm
She is in the third column seven pics down ...
bambiix2
bambiix2

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 25th February 2010, 3:30 pm

splitsun wrote:
MomnWife wrote:So, what are some good products to put on my hair everyday? I've been using shea butter, but I'm still not quite getting the look that I want.

what look are you going for?

That is the problem. I don't know. I am just looking and want to experiment.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2010, 3:39 pm

Momnwife,

Have you tried wash n gos yet?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 25th February 2010, 3:43 pm

I've done a cowash and then just added some shea butter to it. Is that what you mean?
MomnWife
MomnWife

Back to top Go down

Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!! - Page 2 Empty Off topic

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2010, 3:49 pm

Kinda sorta...

When doing a wash n go, most curlies co wash then they leave a little bit of the conditioner in their hair and add gel.

I'm not a fan of the wash n go or gels. I still do the style from time to time and when I do, I co wash, rinse all the conditioner out then I use VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberry and Cream as a leave in. It makes my hair curl up. Below is a pics of my wash n go puff...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Check out MahoganyCurls on YouTube. She has all kinds of tutorials for different styles that can be done a TWA.

HTH

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 25th February 2010, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 25th February 2010, 3:54 pm

That looks beautiful. I am all for that until I get some more growth.

You rock, thank you so much. **runs off to YT**
MomnWife
MomnWife

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 26th February 2010, 2:34 pm

@ Lynnieluve I have to go get vo5 strawberries and cream because of the effects it has in your hair as a leave in- but i know, i know, no curly is the same but im not sure how i feel about this giovannis direct- it doesnt really do anything to my hair but make it dry i feel like no matter WHAT and I mean what i put in my hair- it is stilll dry im just like wth- and dont even get me started on shea butter- that doesnt do anything to my hair...... So i think imma try it- since its not expensive y not

@ bambix- I tried that tutorial u did for the super nice styling you put on this site with the la activator gel and the eco styler- lol- can u say mess. What texture is your hair im assuming its different than mine bc it came out nothing like yours- I am basically alot of 4A with some 4B and C sprinkled it.

To all the ladies- interms of Miss Jessies after all of these comments about mineral oil and other no nos, and one of them not even being fully natural -and the products costing as much a pair of steve madden shoes cost- on top of my hair being in the 4 family(i have yet to hear about someone who is in the 4 coily family as i am and saying that miss jessies products work wonders on them) i think that i am good and i WONT be trying their products anymore- changed my mind- but they still did look fab om tyra lol.

But back to my issue with DRYNESS - i need major help ladies- bc i looove my hair but i HATE it felling and looking dry. The oils like evoo and evco seem to just sit on my curls making them greassy but not "Moisturized" u kno? Anyone have annny other suggestions as to products, conditioners, a miracle- lol- to try bc i am just about convinced that im going to have natural dry hair for the rest of my life and if some of my friends are looking at me for inspiratation to go natural i want my hair to at least look and feel good so when i give them advice and encourage them they actually feel inspired by my hair

Side note - that actor - Cordon Bleu- i think that is how u spell his name- the young guy from high school musical is on wendy williams as i am typing this and OMG- he cut off ALL his beautiful hairr- NNNOOOO!! i just had to share that
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 26th February 2010, 3:06 pm

Corbin.

I don't know why they named him that given his last name but hey...it is what it is.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 26th February 2010, 3:16 pm

I have not tired Miss Jessies products but I want too. They do use things that may be harmful for natural hair but their products are used for mostly defining and elongating curls. Once I am 100% natural I would love to try it. And if I had the money.. I would love make an appointment in the shop since there is one in Brooklyn. But they are REALLY REALLY expensive. I only want the teeny tiny jar of curly pudding..

But here is the vid of Miss Jessies on tyra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1cveP3rH5I
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2010, 3:19 pm

@ Blackdoll - Since you recently BC, you need to condition, condition, condition....Oils are used to seal in moisture. After you put the Giovanni Direct Leave In in your hair put some coconut oil on top of it....sealing in the moisture.

Make sure you deep condition every week. The EVOO and EVCO makes a great deep conditioner. Because of your length, trying putting about 2 or 3 hand fulls of EVOO in first, then 2 or 3 teaspoons of EVCO in next. Put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer about 30 minutes or more. Rinse it out with warm water then gradually switching to cool water.

As for your shea butter, try mixing some coconut oil with it. Most curlies whip their shea butter with other oils because it can be heavy on the hair alone.

I am in the 4 coily family and I love the Baby Buttercream. I've had some of the best results using it on my two strand twist. Because of the ingredients and the price, I will not be getting anymore. The jar I have was a gift.

Your hair will not stay dry forever. Send me a PM if you have more questions since this thread is about Miss Jessie's products...LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th February 2010, 4:42 pm

I didn't see it! ctfu @ Tiara's permed roller set! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I haven't tried her products because before I knew of the ingrediants I had issue with the price tag!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 26th February 2010, 5:36 pm

@lynnieluv- lol true true i was kinda off topic- but thanks and i will try your tips!!
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by bevyboo628 9th March 2010, 6:50 pm

Miss Jessie's products don't do anything magical to my hair. And for those prices I'm looking for magic. They are wayyy too expensive for bad results & ingredients. Try getting a haircut there a whopping $350 I was like um I'll call back. Definitely didn't call or go!
bevyboo628
bevyboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 26th June 2010, 12:09 pm

LIke a lot of naturals, I was eager to try MJ and spent a ton of money on it. I DO NOT like the styling products.

I tried both the Curly Pudding and Curly Meringue and both made my hair crunchy. The Baby Buttercreme just sat on my hair. After using these styling products, my hair was a greasy, crunchy mess. No ma'am, not for me.

I do like the deep condish for my hair. So far, it's the only condish that seems to make my hair soft. I also use the Sudsy Slip shampoo as well.

@MomnWife - I use Jane Carter Solution on my hair daily. It makes my hair soft, moisturized without being crunchy and greasy.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 5th July 2010, 11:46 pm

I just twisted my hair with the Curly Meringue this morning. Ive had the MJ sample pack or months and was comptemplating getting rid of it, but decided that i should at least give the products a try befor doing so. So far my twist have great hold, but i will have to see what they look like once i take them down. Unless i am wowed i dont think i will be repurchasing simply because of the price of their products.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2