CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!!

+18
Music8192
bambiix2
KinkyNappyHappy
splitsun
MomnWife
AfrikanLatina
blondie
MellowOne
jcanalena79
HAMPTONSFNST
LadyMika
PaganWifey
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
ktoliver5303
natural83
CreoleLady88
Blackdoll83
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!! Empty Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!!

Post by Blackdoll83 23rd February 2010, 6:28 pm

So I havent tried Miss Jessies products yet- But I am definitely plannng on it esp since its such a craze here in the natural community- apparently she is doing something right!! She is on Tyra today looking freakkin fabulous and beautiful and man oh mannn do i wish I was in the audience today bc she gave away $200 worth of Miss jessies products to each freakkin audience member! Anyone else saw it?
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!! Empty Re: Oh mann oh mann Miss Jessies!!

Post by CreoleLady88 23rd February 2010, 6:31 pm

i didnt see it! But im dying to try her curly pudding that everyone raves abt! There supposed to be selling her products at Target starting in March! I cant wait to try them :-)
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 23rd February 2010, 6:36 pm

That is hott that they will be selling at target bc i have one in walking distance from my house- lol sounds like i will be becoming a product junkyy
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 23rd February 2010, 6:37 pm

by the way creolelady- you and your hair are gorgeous! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 23rd February 2010, 7:01 pm

Blackdoll83 wrote:by the way creolelady- you and your hair are gorgeous! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

thanks girl! Im loving that scarf in your pic..too cute! I need one like that :-) Ever since i got on this site im addicted to trying new products! My boyfriend said im gonna drive myself to the poor house bcuz i wont stop buying stuff! I swear i buy something new every other day! Imma sad soul :-( lol
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd February 2010, 7:37 pm

I just watched the show and saw the segment that Miko & Titi was on talking about Miss Jessie's products! I thought they looked fab! Didn't know that Miko was biracial- Japanese & African American, pretty cool! Anyhoo...I soooo wish this could've been the show that CurlyNikki appeared on! That would've have been sweet!

Wish I could've been an audience member on the show today because they gave away $200 worth of products to each audience member! How cool is that! As high as their products are, I would've loved the freebies! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 23rd February 2010, 8:16 pm

I will be in target in march!
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 24th February 2010, 7:48 am

I did not see the show due to my location, but with my hair type it is either I was using the products wrong or something because it does not work in my hair at all. Now my friend has a 3-4a hair type with a perm and she uses the quick curls to get her hair to be curly when she is being lazy. It is super cute when she uses it, but my 4a/b hair it doesnt do anything for me but have a build up. I purchased the sample pack but I honestly do not like it for my hair. I looked on her website and a lot of the 4 a/b people hair was chemically altered. Let me know how it goes for you all.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 9:48 am

yup! i seen it and they did look good. i love their big curly look. i know one of them use their signature silkener though which is a chemical process!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 11:20 am

I didnt see it either but I love the Baby Buttercream. The sad thing is if the prices are still ridiculous once they start selling products in Target, I will not be making a purchase. The Baby Buttercream I have is a gift. $60 bucks for 16oz of product is insane!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 24th February 2010, 12:01 pm

So I just read some info on ms. Jessie's curling pudding and some people said it contains mineral oil! Do any of u know if this is true? Plus I just checked the prices on this stuff so I don't think I'll be buying her products any time soon!
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 12:08 pm

Yes her products have mineral oil, beeswax and parabens in it. That's why I only use it once a month and I use a sulfate shampoo when I wash it out.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 24th February 2010, 12:43 pm

Awww man  now i def won't be buying them.
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 24th February 2010, 12:51 pm

If they're gonna charge that much I need their ingredient lists to be on point.

The End.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 12:53 pm

PaganWifey wrote:If they're gonna charge that much I need their ingredient lists to be on point.

The End.

I agree 100%. If my sister in law didnt purchase it for me, I wouldnt have any.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 24th February 2010, 1:40 pm

PaganWifey wrote:If they're gonna charge that much I need their ingredient lists to be on point.

The End.

Same here.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 24th February 2010, 1:49 pm

When I first considered transitioning to natural I thought I would try the silkener because I travel to Brooklyn frequently. The more I educated myself about product ingredients that idea went out the door. Plus they're overpriced for style we can do ourselves without the harsh chemicals. If they lose the mineral oil, beesewax, parabans and reduced their prices perhaps I would consider visiting their salon but good for them for appearing on the nationally televised show so people can see natural hair and not Tyra's permed roller sets.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 2:31 pm

lol@ tyra's PERMED roller sets!! i couldve sworn this chick was on there yesterday talkin bout she went natural cuz tyra is. i was like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , when did that happen? i think people misunderstood tyra when she revealed her "real" hair. she went natural as far as not wearing those lacefronts n weaves but her hair was clearly permed.

i got the curly meringue and baby buttercreme from the bogo but its the 8 oz. dmn lynnie u gonna have that bb for a minute @ 16oz. im gonna use it for my coils this week cuz it gave me a good hold.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 24th February 2010, 3:01 pm

I LOVE Miss Jessie's for my hair ... Curly Buttercreme gives my 3b/c hair moisture for daaaayz. The Curly Meringue gives hold and my hair which can get SUPER BIG lays down and my curls really stretch out. I put leave-in conditioner in first and then I put the Miss Jessie's in, so my hair gets more than enough moisture. It's more than just looking at an ingredient list - you have to know how/when to use the products. They say mineral oil seals the strands and doesn't let moisture in ... well, so does jojoba oil, etc. ... so put the moisturizer in first. Plus there definitely is a technique to using the products, and diff strokes for diff folks. I used to simply use the curly pudding and wash n go and my curls separated and my hair was dry. I learned more about moisturizing and changed things accordingly. The meringue gives my curls the hold they needed (so they didn't separate) and the buttercream provided the moisture. I highly recommend that regimen for 3b/c 100% natural hair.

Just my 2cents Smile
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 25th February 2010, 1:09 am

ok so I am still getting familiar with the product knoweledge can someone fill me in on what is wrong with mineral oil and bees wax. and if those are bad what are the good ingredients you look for?

LOL! I was confused about ppl saying that Tyra was going natural to and then saw that rollerset and was like umm...idk but I think that ppl read too far into what she said???
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 25th February 2010, 1:39 am

Out of curiousity, I requested an ingredient list for Miss Jessie's. Yikes! Silicone, mineral oil, etc.... Miss Jessie's is about looks, not hair health. Many naturals don't like the line because of the ingredients and the fact that they push the "turn your kinks into curls" like there is something wrong with kinky hair in the first place.

@Mellow one -Mineral oil and silicones is like putting saran wrap on your hair. Blocks moisture.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 25th February 2010, 2:21 am

While mineral oil can seal moisture in if you moisturize first, it's just really hard to get off of my hair. Not to mention why put all that in it? I'm a minimalist.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th February 2010, 2:23 am

Even if I had money to "waste" on products I wouldn't be purchasing Miss Jessies products. That ingredient list is a NO NO for me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 25th February 2010, 11:12 am

ok so I definitely need to do more product research. I knew to look at the first couple ingredients on co and shampoo to make sure it was water and such but didn't know about the mineral oil. I need to see whats in this wild growth I been using...Thanks ladies [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 25th February 2010, 11:43 am

So, what are some good products to put on my hair everyday? I've been using shea butter, but I'm still not quite getting the look that I want.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next