CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakage

+3
tiashaunteé
BlondeByDesire
CurlyV
7 posters

Go down

Breakage Empty Breakage

Post by CurlyV 22nd February 2010, 10:29 am

Hello ladies. I need your help so bad...I am in tears right now as I type this because yesterday for the first time I discovered a massive amount of hair breakage. I was in the shower washing my hair and as I was detangling, it just continued to break off. I actually could place my fingers in my hair and break hair in two. I have never had this issue before as my hair has typically always been pretty healthy. Please help me. How do I stop this? It is so hurtful when you've strived to take care of your hair and it begins to break off. All the products I use are sulfate free and pretty much organic. I used Qhemet Biologics for the first time on Friday and found it to be too oily for my hair so I washed it out Sunday and thats when the breakage appeared. I don't want to blame Qhemet because their ingredients are stellar. I used Giovanni 50:50 conditioner to "calm" my hair after I got out the shower, but I am so afraid to get back in the shower and run my fingers in my hair for fear of breakage. What products can I use to stop this breakage? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am so sorry if this is the wrong place/forum to post this. I just dont know what to. Thanks.
CurlyV
CurlyV

Back to top Go down

Breakage Empty Re: Breakage

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd February 2010, 10:47 am

Good Morning, I'm sorry this happening to you. Are you relaxed, natural or transitioning?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyV 22nd February 2010, 10:52 am

Hi. I am natural. Never had a relaxer in my life.
CurlyV
CurlyV

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd February 2010, 11:08 am

Try deep conditioning with heat ...

Post your entry in the Big Sisters thread. There are plenty of naturals on here that can give you some good advice.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyV 22nd February 2010, 12:38 pm

Ok. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I'll be posting in the big sister thread. Thanks again.
CurlyV
CurlyV

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd February 2010, 12:45 pm

How often do you DC? I used to experience A LOT of breakage when I wasn't DCing regularly. My hair was dry and oil didn't help and now I know it was because it wasn't penetrating my strands - it was just sitting there blocking out moisture that I desperately needed.

Which Qhemet Biologics product did you use?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyV 22nd February 2010, 2:53 pm

Hi. I deep condition once a week with jessicurl weekly deep conditioner; however, yesterday I decided to use the ORS replenishing pack. Once I began to wash it out, my hair just began breaking off.

I used the amla pomade, the honey and olive moisturizer and I can't remember the name of the other product. I'll check it once I get home. Thank you so much for responding.
CurlyV
CurlyV

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd February 2010, 2:58 pm

I Googled ORS replenishing pak and actually came up with a lot of posts on various forums about individuals experiencing breakage after using it. Of course, this is not the case for everyone. But you may be one of those that can't use this product.
If that is the only thing different that you used...you may have found the culprit.
If I come across anything else I will be sure to let you know.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyV 22nd February 2010, 3:23 pm

Thank you soo much! I'm almost certain it was that as well or the combo of qhemet. Any suggestions on how to repair the damage?
CurlyV
CurlyV

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd February 2010, 4:26 pm

CurlyV wrote:Thank you soo much! I'm almost certain it was that as well or the combo of qhemet. Any suggestions on how to repair the damage?

This is what I would do:
Moisturize and seal as needed. Sometimes I do it nightly other times every other day. Bun, twists, and updos have been a saving grace for my ends. Treat your ends like fine antique lace. Hopefully the breakage will stop immediately and you will begin to retain length again.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyV 22nd February 2010, 5:01 pm

I'll be Twisting and bunning from here on out. Hopefully the breakage stops immediately. Thanks so much!
CurlyV
CurlyV

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 23rd February 2010, 10:22 pm

Sounds like you are protein sensitive. Sad
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyV 27th February 2010, 11:17 pm

Thank you so much ladies. I saw my "Hair Whisperer," Melanie, and she states it's too much protein and too many products. I have been trying a lot of different products lately and it has finally caught up with me and my locks. I'll stick to what I know and the basics, so that I (hopefully) don't have any more issues like this one. Thanks again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyV
CurlyV

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 28th February 2010, 5:27 am

What is the ors replenishing pack?
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 28th February 2010, 9:06 am

I just googled ORS Replenishing Pak too and I used that whole product line about 10 years ago and it irritated my scalp and seemed to damage my hair a little. Someone told me once if there is a warning label on a product its probably not safe to use. I just remember that because I was told that at around the time I used the ORS products. I didn't listen very well though lol. I ended up using some other damaging products over the years and I had chunks of hair break off above my ears, although I believe it was a combo of the gels I was using to curl my hair and flat ironing.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyV 28th February 2010, 11:38 am

Hollis wrote: Someone told me once if there is a warning label on a product its probably not safe to use.

Hollis, I don't remember seeing that warning. OMG! Thanks girly. I'll definitely have to read all around the package from now on. Sad thing is, I actually bought the 3 pack. Threw the last two away when I saw all the breakage.
CurlyV
CurlyV

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 28th February 2010, 12:08 pm

Hollis, What warning label are you refering to? I have the ORS replenishing pak and I have used it with great results even while relaxed. The only warning I see is the one about not getting it in your eyes or ingesting it, but thats on every label.

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 28th February 2010, 3:30 pm

@ Kinda_Curly_Cassie thats the one I am talking about and I do not always avoid products that have those labels but for the most part I use only organic products that do not have a warning label period on them. I had taken an African Hair braiding class awhile ago and basically the teacher (who was into a lot of holistic stuff and natural hair care) said that if their is a warning on something for your eyes or ingesting etc. that it can't be good for your hair either. She said that there is obviosly something bad in it so why take a chance with it on your hair. I think everyone is different and some people can handle it but I have sensitive skin and hair so I have noticed that I do a lot better with natural products.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 28th February 2010, 4:59 pm

oh, okay I get ya. that does make sense, but i think i'll stick with it since i dont have any problems with it. thanks for explaining it to me tho [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by TamikaG 29th March 2010, 5:19 pm

I actually just suffered THE SAME problem after using Qhemet Biologics. Im sure it was QB because the spot that I suffered the breakage is the exact spot I used the QB. I was in search of moisturizer that would help this one area of my hair that is constantly dry. Im transistioning. It seems that there is a spot in the back of my head that is a different texture than the rest..its more tightly coiled and stays on the dry side. I thought the QB would help this area so I used it only in that spot---and sure enough..it broke [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] There were so many rave reviews about the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and the Burdock Root Butter Cream. I ordered them both in sample sizes---started with the Burdock root cream only in that one spot and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] breakage! I wouldnt dare try the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream---just thankful I didnt use it throughout my head.

Im sorry this happened to you but Im pretty sure its what caused your issue. I dont know if its the MSM in it or the Sulfur but its obvious it could not be used on my texlaxed ends...the hair broke to the NG.
TamikaG
TamikaG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down