CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies, ladies, ladies...

+18
ChrsLvsBks
curlytee
kinksncurls
rayray19
Ebbz
j. kinky
LadyMika
fanmnatirel
jeanlouisangel
BajanPrincess82
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Ambitious_Tiff
freckledmom4
misskris
Sebastain13
TLog77
Lynnieluve
ebonediva
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ladies, ladies, ladies... Empty Ladies, ladies, ladies...

Post by ebonediva 15th December 2010, 6:25 pm

I was sitting in my office at work today and a guy that works down the hall from me peeped in and said "Your hair looks nice." I told him thank you and he came in and explained that he noticed I was natural b/c his wife is natural and she is celebrating her BIG CHOP anniversary!! I laughed out loud because he was excited too---for her!! He went on to say that she is totally indulged with her hair and he never realized that it took so much knowlege and time to care for natural hair. We were talking so much about natural hair until he called his wife to let her know there is a natural sista at his office. I thought it was lovely he has showed so much interest in her hair and knew all of the terms. TWA, BC, pre-poo, etc.

When I got home and told my husband he gave me a run down on all he knows about natural hair! LMBO----the hubbies listen after all!! woot!
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Ladies, ladies, ladies... Empty Re: Ladies, ladies, ladies...

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2010, 6:31 pm

Laughing My hubby knows a lot too. He is always telling me to start a blog and to start doing hair here at home. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 15th December 2010, 6:40 pm

That's sweet!

My hubby doesn't know anything. But he does love my hair. He always liked me with natural hair. He has no clue what any of this stuff is all about. He just thinks it looks good. That's all that matters to me! Very Happy
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 15th December 2010, 6:55 pm

I dont have a husband but I know that it does feel good when they are listening & taking a interest in what you are doing
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 7:04 pm

Yeah I don't think my husband knows anything about it either but that's partly because I don't explain everything to him. The other day I was in the bathroom putting castor oil in my hair and he was like, "what you doing to your hair now?" LOL I told him I was just oiling my scalp and said "oh". Lately I have been in the bathroom more examining my hair and scalp. And I hennad' 2 weekends ago, DCd last weekend so when he saw me in there again....LOL But at least he did notice that I was doing more with my hair. I did a flexirod set on Saturday for this wedding we went to and with my dress on he said I look pretty I love you so good hubbies do notice things. And he does know I am always on CN!!!!! lol!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th December 2010, 7:26 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Laughing My hubby knows a lot too. He is always telling me to start a blog and to start doing hair here at home. LOL!!

Mine too!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th December 2010, 7:30 pm

That is so sweet! Good for y'all! I love you
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 15th December 2010, 7:39 pm

I can't wait for my hubby to come home and see my natural hair. I'll be 10 months post BC by then. I hope he likes it! he's only recieved a few pic of me since he's been gone but every pic he gets he says my hair looks cute I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2010, 7:46 pm

misskris wrote:Yeah I don't think my husband knows anything about it either but that's partly because I don't explain everything to him. The other day I was in the bathroom putting castor oil in my hair and he was like, "what you doing to your hair now?" LOL I told him I was just oiling my scalp and said "oh". Lately I have been in the bathroom more examining my hair and scalp. And I hennad' 2 weekends ago, DCd last weekend so when he saw me in there again....LOL But at least he did notice that I was doing more with my hair. I did a flexirod set on Saturday for this wedding we went to and with my dress on he said I look pretty I love you so good hubbies do notice things. And he does know I am always on CN!!!!! lol!

Where are the pics of this flexi rod set you speak of ? lol!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 15th December 2010, 7:47 pm

My husband doesn't really know much about my hair. All he knows is that I mix stuff up and put some things in the fridge. I toll him all he needs to know is not to eat it! lol He thinks I do way to much to my hair (I really don't though) but he loves how it looks. We went to his unit's Christmas party on Saturday and I got so many compliments on my hair. He was proud and telling some of his Soldiers and others he works with that they need to ask me all their hair questions.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 15th December 2010, 7:48 pm

CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) wrote:I can't wait for my hubby to come home and see my natural hair. I'll be 10 months post BC by then. I hope he likes it! he's only recieved a few pic of me since he's been gone but every pic he gets he says my hair looks cute I love you

Awwww! I'm sure he'll love it!

ebonediva
ebonediva

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 15th December 2010, 7:50 pm

My Hubby knows so much that he needs to start his own blog..lol...He listens to me even when my hair has nothing to do with him except his pockets..but he's the bomb...Yay Hubbies dance
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 15th December 2010, 8:00 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:My husband doesn't really know much about my hair. All he knows is that I mix stuff up and put some things in the fridge. I toll him all he needs to know is not to eat it! lol He thinks I do way to much to my hair (I really don't though) but he loves how it looks. We went to his unit's Christmas party on Saturday and I got so many compliments on my hair. He was proud and telling some of his Soldiers and others he works with that they need to ask me all their hair questions.

Laughing Sounds like my house.
ebonediva
ebonediva

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 15th December 2010, 10:30 pm

too cute...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 15th December 2010, 11:38 pm

The Fiancee' (formerly known as The Boyfriend) doesn't know too much, but he loves big hair and locs! Very Happy He also whines when I do ANYTHING to my hair. "Oi, why yoo doin' dat? Just let your hair GROW already!!" lol!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 15th December 2010, 11:47 pm

my boyfriends knows little about my hair but he sure do know bout curlynikki.com! He say i'm obsessed with my hair but always have his hands in my hair saying he love my 'curlynikki' hair....lol
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 16th December 2010, 12:27 am

My boyfriend is still a little cranky from me doing the BC and having short hair but he loves the idea of going natural and embracing my natural hair. He knows about BCs, transitioning, and twist outs but not too much more than that. But he WILL tell me when it gets dry because he's always putting his hands in it. lol

smh...men. lol!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 16th December 2010, 2:20 am

aww i was watching divorce court ( I love my court TV lol) and this dude was saying how he hated his wife nappy hair and how she need a perm..he made me disgusted and reminded me how some men are still stuck on women having long straight hair..BUT reading this post reminds me that there are some good men out there who will respect and support their ladies decision no matter what!!!
Very Happy
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 16th December 2010, 3:27 am

My hubby knows a lot about natural hair too. And he really loves it! Except when I get the shower slippery and oily from my pre-poo's and deep conditions Smile
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 16th December 2010, 3:38 am

My husband not only knows a lot about natural hair, he can use the lingo, he
refers people to me, and he even was a little dissapointed when I used my steamer for the first time and didn't interrupt him by calling him downstairs so he could see how it worked.

He loves my natural hair. Over 21 years he has witnessed me go from braids,permed locs twice, back to permed, then bald now natural. His support and interest is amazing.
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 16th December 2010, 8:41 pm

kinksncurls wrote:My hubby knows a lot about natural hair too. And he really loves it! Except when I get the shower slippery and oily from my pre-poo's and deep conditions Smile

OMG--My husband recently said this to me about the slippery shower. He was like I don't know what kind of oil you're using---but you must be trying to kill me with it! Laughing
ebonediva
ebonediva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2010, 9:18 pm

Funny that I see this now. I was trying to redo my ponytail after work yesterday. He saw me struggling and asked me to show him how to do it. I showed him. He tried and tried to get it. It was so Cool. He could not get it but I was surprised one that he asked and two that he tried and kept trying.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 18th December 2010, 11:54 am

What a great post! I talked to my husband about this and at first he was like why is that guy so interested in hair? So I told him that it's really about the fact that he took an interest in something that his wife is into. I told him that natural hair takes a lot of research, time and patience and we have created a whole little sub-culture almost so I told him that I'm sure that man's wife talks about her hair to her husband about as much as he talks to me about sports, hip hop, and whatever else he is interested in and it's a great feeling when someone you love seem to take an interest in it as well. He seemed to agree.

My husband loves my natural hair but he is not familiar with all of the terms and neither am I. I'm still learning. He said that he just loves the fact that I love my hair.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicagoKinks 18th December 2010, 1:06 pm

My husband loves my hair but is not knowledgeable at all and has developed his own case of HIH syndrome but its my hair he is infatuated with. Every morning he wakes me up by playing in it which causes the already wavy (I'm not good at the 3A, 4C typing) front crown portion to frizz and lose whatever definition I tried to create to match the rest of my curls the nite before. While I love that he loves my hair he is going to make me pull out the granny bonnet because this is ridiculous. scratch

Does anyone else experience this....please help lol
ChicagoKinks
ChicagoKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 18th December 2010, 9:09 pm

ChicagoKinks wrote:My husband loves my hair but is not knowledgeable at all and has developed his own case of HIH syndrome but its my hair he is infatuated with. Every morning he wakes me up by playing in it which causes the already wavy (I'm not good at the 3A, 4C typing) front crown portion to frizz and lose whatever definition I tried to create to match the rest of my curls the nite before. While I love that he loves my hair he is going to make me pull out the granny bonnet because this is ridiculous. scratch

Does anyone else experience this....please help lol

lol! I don't experience this, but this is hilarious!
ebonediva
ebonediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next