CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

questions about Carol's Daughter

+5
jcanalena79
sjoyreed
Erica5417
LadyMika
lexibugg004
9 posters

Go down

questions about Carol's Daughter Empty questions about Carol's Daughter

Post by lexibugg004 17th February 2010, 12:22 am

so my mommy called from Alaska and asked if i wanted her to pick up a few things from the PX since they carry Carol's Daughter now. I think i would like to try the Hair milk,Black vanilla Hair Smoothie, and Mimosa Hair Honey!!! I wanted to know if any one has tried any of the listed products or any other products form the brand, and what your experience was, and if you think they are quality product in general. Because, ya know, i don't want my mom wasting her money !!!

*REVIEW UPDATE*

so, i had my mom purchase the mimosa hair honey, the tui hair smoothie, and the hair milk. i first tried the hair honey, and like you ladies said it is AMAZING, I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE IT. i used to be an habitual scalp greaser, but stop that a long time ago. since this has oils that actually absorb in the the hair and nurishes it, i use it for that, and to keep my twist outs soft, moisturized, and supple. i noticed that it helps alot with keeping it defined and preventing that flatten when i sleep, in the morning my twist out springs back to life!!! my husband and i both love the smell!!!
speaking of twist outs, i found one use for my hair milk, since it contains water, i use it to twirl fuzzy pieces around my finger to encourage it to curl again. i know this product is too greasy for a lot of ladies, but my hair sucks it up!! in fact it sucks it up, burps and says "that's it??" so the first time i used it, i used a lot to detangle my hair and put it in six large braids. when i took them down three days latter my hair was soft, had cute definition, which i never get from braid outs, and was not at all greasy!! next i will see how it does on wet hair, i have heard some ladies use it for wash and go's!!

the tui hair smoothie is not at all moisturizing like claims, but it is a great protein treatment. i remember thinking in the shower that my hair felt a little rough, and i thought protein, and sure enough there is hydrolyzed soy protein, and it always make my fine hair rough!!the crown area however, which is a coarse, wiry texture, that does not benefit at all from my other protein treatments, was the softest i have ever felt, easy to detangle, and the curls were clumped, and defined. that made me very happy!!! since the roughness was easily solved with a little conditioner, i will definitely keep using it, but only on the crown, i can't overload my finer hair with soy protein!!!

Last edited by lexibugg004 on 23rd March 2010, 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : PRODUCT REVIEW UPDATE!!!)
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

questions about Carol's Daughter Empty Re: questions about Carol's Daughter

Post by LadyMika 17th February 2010, 12:39 am

All I tried was the Tui leave-in spray (if I'm not mistaken)...I couldn't tell if it did anything to my hair. But, it made a nice hair perfurme! My hair smelled GREAT last summer! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 17th February 2010, 1:07 am

Healthy Hair Butter is my favorite. The jar will last a very long time (had mine for 9 moths and it's still half full). The hair milk works good on longer lengths (I hated it on my TWA but now I like it a lot). Tui oil makes your hair smell great but that's all. Heard great things about the hair smoothies, haven't tried one yet though. Her shampoos are okay, good for clarifying without sulfates.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 17th February 2010, 2:13 am

thanks ladies. erica5417 i am also considering getting the healthy hair butter. if you don't mind me asking, why did you hate it on your twa???
i didn't plan on getting any of the spray on leave ins or oils, i already know my hair won't like either. i need thick creamy products for my strange hair texture, and i am try to figure out what would be best!!! i don't really shampoo, often but when i do i use infusium 23 moisturology only on the roots, the rinse through my length, i actually have a very greasy scalp and it makes my hair greasy so i have to consider that when selecting products. i have to find what won't result in a crunchy greasy mess but will keep my hair moisturized!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 17th February 2010, 2:22 am

I hated the hair milk on my TWA. I just couldn't see what the hype was about. It did nothing for my hair. Now I use the hair milk to refresh my edges for my twist-out and it works wonderfully. I use the hair butter to seal in moisture and it is the best thing. I have really dry hair and the hair butter keeps my hair moisturized for days when i use it to seal.

I found that sometimes you just have to change your regimen up. Things will work during one stage and not during the next. I think that's what happened with the hair milk. Thankfully, the hair butter has worked on all stages/lengths for me so far.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 17th February 2010, 2:35 am

yeah that is where i am , having to find new products and techniques. it makes sense,it is winter and i now have more natural hair than relaxed hair, and far more than i had last winter and last summer. i will try a few thing to see how they work for my hair. if they are a major, salvageable fail, you will definitely see me in the product swap section
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 16th March 2010, 5:00 pm

We use the hair honey. My husband oves it in his beard! LOL!
Everything else - I'm not so impressed. Carol's Daughter has gone down hill quality wise since she went corporate. I was using her a long long long time ago when Kim Fields was the biggest celeb that had her back, Badu and 3000 were still together and before Essence sold out to Time Warner.
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 16th March 2010, 5:35 pm

Mimosa Hair Honey is AMAZING!!! I wish I could find a way to replicate it b/c it's always out of stock at the local retail shop.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 20th March 2010, 4:37 pm

I co sign on the Healthy Hair Butter and Mimosa Hair Honey. I use the hair butter as part of my moisterizer/sealant regimen but I mostly use the hair honey on my daughters hair. The hair milk is an EPIC FAIL on my hair. I've heard some people say they use it in WNG but it's too oily/greasy for me.

I do love my Black Vanilla hair smoothie and leave in and my loc butter too.
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd March 2010, 10:07 am

i keep hearing great things about the mimosa hair honey..but i havent tried any yet. I tried the hair milk and it was okay for a twistout but i wouldnt say that its better than just using some unrefined shea butter Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 23rd March 2010, 12:03 pm

I like the Healthy Hair Butter also that was the first product I used to twist my hair after my BC. I also had bought the Tui Herbal Shampoo, Black Vanilla Leave In, and the Hair Milk. However, I did not like them after I used it. I am thinking about trying the Black Vanilla Leave In and the Mimosa Hair Honey.
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd March 2010, 12:04 pm

ive heard great things about their leave in!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by luvnlaugh09 23rd March 2010, 7:29 pm

I recently bought the hair honey and the tui leave in conditioner. I have to admit I am not impressed. the leave in is a spray kind and I dont feel like it made my hair any softer it help with combing through. the good thing about it is that it makes my hair smell nice so I use it for that. The hair honey...maybe I am not using it right, it did nothing for my bantu knots or twist out, in fact my hair was a bit frizzy Sad Im not giving up hope yet though so I will continue to use it, besides it cost a lot of money lol

luvnlaugh09

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 23rd March 2010, 8:14 pm

I recently tried the:
Tui Smoothie- I LOVE this, my hair is so amazing after I use it!
The loc butter- okay, probably won't repurchase though.
Kizzy Pomade- doesn't do anything the loc butter doesn't do
Tui Leave in spray- doesn't smell as good as I expected. Will not repurchase.
Khoret Amen Hair oil-bought it, haven't tried it yet, will update when i use it.
Lisa's Hair Elixir- also bought, not yet tried.

Still love the:
Healthy Hair Butter
Khoret Amen Herbal Shampoo
Hair Milk

* I found that you really only need to use a VERY small amount. Her products work best when used sparingly. It took a while to realize just how little I need.

Last edited by Erica5417 on 23rd March 2010, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 24th March 2010, 1:21 am

*REVIEW UPDATE*

so,
i had my mom purchase the mimosa hair honey, the tui hair smoothie, and
the hair milk. i first tried the hair honey, and like you ladies said
it is AMAZING, I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE IT. i used to be an habitual scalp
greaser, but stop that a long time ago. since this has oils that
actually absorb in the the hair and nurishes it, i use it for that, and
to keep my twist outs soft, moisturized, and supple. i noticed that it
helps alot with keeping it defined and preventing that flatten when i
sleep, in the morning my twist out springs back to life!!! my husband
and i both love the smell!!!
speaking of twist outs, i found one
use for my hair milk, since it contains water, i use it to twirl fuzzy
pieces around my finger to encourage it to curl again. i know this
product is too greasy for a lot of ladies, but my hair sucks it up!! in
fact it sucks it up, burps and says "that's it??" so the first time i
used it, i used a lot to detangle my hair and put it in six large
braids. when i took them down three days latter my hair was soft, had
cute definition, which i never get from braid outs, and was not at all
greasy!! next i will see how it does on wet hair, i have heard some
ladies use it for wash and go's!!

the tui hair smoothie is not
at all moisturizing like claims, but it is a great protein treatment. i
remember thinking in the shower that my hair felt a little rough, and i
thought protein, and sure enough there is hydrolyzed soy protein, and
it always make my fine hair rough!!the crown area however, which is a
coarse, wiry texture, that does not benefit at all from my other
protein treatments, was the softest i have ever felt, easy to detangle,
and the curls were clumped, and defined. that made me very happy!!!
since the roughness was easily solved with a little conditioner, i will
definitely keep using it, but only on the crown, i can't overload my
finer hair with soy protein!!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down