CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help!!! New to this and stuck in a rut

4 posters

Go down

Need Help!!! New to this and stuck in a rut Empty Need Help!!! New to this and stuck in a rut

Post by NaturalBrwnBeauty 15th February 2010, 10:50 pm

I did my BC in August 2009 and immediately put in kinky twist. After I took out my kinky twist, I immediately got a sew-in. I have been wearing my hair out since the new year, but I have no idea what to do with it. I have very thick hair and the curl pattern varies. For the most part, I have very tight tiny curls. I only have been rocking the fro and I am tired of that look. I am now looking for suggestions on styling tips and also what products I should use for moisture and to enhance the curl pattern.

THank you in advance for all the help you guys will give!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalBrwnBeauty
NaturalBrwnBeauty

Back to top Go down

Need Help!!! New to this and stuck in a rut Empty Re: Need Help!!! New to this and stuck in a rut

Post by NaturalNixon 16th February 2010, 2:18 pm

Welcome to the boards! You have a great amount of length. You can try twist outs, rock some flat twist, or maybe even a roller set. The options are endless. You tube is a great place to look for styling ideas(as well as this board)

As for products Coconut oil, EVOO, and castor oil has been a huge help for moisturizing my hair. The great thing about being natural is trial and error. Products don't cost you a arm and leg(unless you are a product junkie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and even when the hair does not come out "right" you can still make it cute!

Good luck!!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Need Help!!! New to this and stuck in a rut Empty Re: Need Help!!! New to this and stuck in a rut

Post by NaturalBrwnBeauty 16th February 2010, 5:35 pm

@NaturalNixon: Thank you! I will look into youtube and try the flat twist!!
NaturalBrwnBeauty
NaturalBrwnBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th February 2010, 3:30 pm

Hey NBB I too BC'd in August. Check out the Butters n Bars thread, you should be able to find stuff to try there too. I HTH
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 20th February 2010, 1:11 pm

You could also do twists, twistouts, braid outs, and I think your hair would look great in a Wash 'N Go.Check out Curly Nikki's tutorials on her site. I also just did a tutorial on my blog of a dry twistout. Also, check the youtube vids mentioned in this post. For more ideas. HTH.

- savvy
savvybrown
savvybrown

http://savvybrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down