CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Accessories

5 posters

Go down

Hair Accessories Empty Hair Accessories

Post by Curlz of Luv 14th February 2010, 12:56 am

I have been trying to find some hair accessories and it has been difficult. I have never been a scarf person so I have one or two that are decent to wear out of my house. My hair is short and I have goody hair bands in just about every color and size however I have seen many of you ladies with really pretty scarves and clips.

Any suggestions to where I can pick up some without breaking the bank? Also do you have any special techniques when you tie them? Lastly I know some ladies make their own where are you purchasing the items?
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

http://curlsofluv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Hair Accessories Empty Re: Hair Accessories

Post by Lynnieluve 14th February 2010, 1:15 am

Do you have a Claires, Icing or Forever 21 in your area? They have really cute hair accessories.

I've made one hair accessory that I have not worn yet. I purchased some flowers from Walmart and glued with a glue gun to my small hair clips... Voila! I plan to make some more for spring/summer.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 14th February 2010, 2:35 am

Claires has some really REALLY cute hair acessories. I am past the stage of headbands because my hair is 4a/b and it starts off cute but as the day goes on and my hair dries the headband does not hold in my hair.

I do use scarfs and flowers and stuff like that. You can also try Forever 21 as Lynnnieluve stated. My sister shipped me a lot of headbands and stuff from Dollar General that was super cute and also Target.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 14th February 2010, 2:47 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Do you have a Claires, Icing or Forever 21 in your area? They have really cute hair accessories.

I've made one hair accessory that I have not worn yet. I purchased some flowers from Walmart and glued with a glue gun to my small hair clips... Voila! I plan to make some more for spring/summer.

I know we have a Claire's I am not sure about the Icing or Forever 21 I will have to check.

I will probably go to the mall tomorrow since hubby has to work so I will check and see what they have. I have never used hair accessories so this is a new world for me, I just have to make sure it does not come an obsession like the products.

Thanks for suggestions. I'd love to see the accessory you made.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 14th February 2010, 2:49 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:Claires has some really REALLY cute hair acessories. I am past the stage of headbands because my hair is 4a/b and it starts off cute but as the day goes on and my hair dries the headband does not hold in my hair.

I do use scarfs and flowers and stuff like that. You can also try Forever 21 as Lynnnieluve stated. My sister shipped me a lot of headbands and stuff from Dollar General that was super cute and also Target.

I never thought about looking in Target,...hmmmm. I know we have a Dollar general I will probably hit them this week.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th February 2010, 5:12 am

FLOWERS!!! I go to the Dollar Store and buy bunches of flowers, the ones with metal stems covered in that green plastic. I just break off the flowers and stick them in my hair. Sooooo easy and cheap Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th February 2010, 9:21 am

I'm a headband kinda girl, but I've been shopping around for different accessories and I'm found items at Wal-mart (clips) Marshall's (cute scarfs) Jones New York (cute scarfs).

I look for accessories every where I go....Charming Charlie's here in Houston is another good place, heck even Krogers had hair accessories on sale for $1 last week.

Just keep looking and make sure you don't pass up good buys. I saw a couple of combs last week at Wal-Mart, and didn't get them. Don't know why...I hope when I go back they won't be gone!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 14th February 2010, 12:52 pm

bholmes87 wrote:FLOWERS!!! I go to the Dollar Store and buy bunches of flowers, the ones with metal stems covered in that green plastic. I just break off the flowers and stick them in my hair. Sooooo easy and cheap Smile

Thanks I will have to check out the flower section.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 14th February 2010, 12:56 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I'm a headband kinda girl, but I've been shopping around for different accessories and I'm found items at Wal-mart (clips) Marshall's (cute scarfs) Jones New York (cute scarfs).

I look for accessories every where I go....Charming Charlie's here in Houston is another good place, heck even Krogers had hair accessories on sale for $1 last week.

Just keep looking and make sure you don't pass up good buys. I saw a couple of combs last week at Wal-Mart, and didn't get them. Don't know why...I hope when I go back they won't be gone!!

Thank you so much. I am ALWAYS in Walmart and in the hair aisle. I guess I am just looking at the products and not noticing the accessories (tunnel vision I guess). I am usually so excited to check out the products I don't pay much attention to anything else. We also have a Marshalls I will have to check them out. I really wants some scarves I have always like to see ladies with a scarf and then a big afro. So I am going to widening my view when I visit these stores and see what I can come up with.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down