CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New hair products?

3 posters

Go down

New hair products? Empty New hair products?

Post by Skluffy101 13th February 2010, 3:26 pm

If you remember from my other post I'm the sixteen year old who decided to go natural Smile
Well anyways I am in the process of taking my braids out and im excited but nervous because I need a new hair regimen. The other stuff I was using just will not cut it (it was sulfate infested) lol! so my dad is going to take me shopping Smile

So I only have drugtores, walmart, targert, Sally's and a regular "black" beauty supply store by me, (no health food stores) so what supplies should I pick out?

-I heard that the organix line was pretty good, especially the conditioners...so maybe that would work?
-I also heard that the Giovanni line is great as well but do they sell that at drugstores and walmart and stuff?
- I will also need a good deep conditioner and moisturizers for my hair, because my scalp can get extremely dry.
So please just give me advice and help me on the things I should buy. They can also be other things that you love and think I should but too. Please and thank yous! Smile
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

New hair products? Empty Re: New hair products?

Post by Janique 13th February 2010, 5:30 pm

Giovanni I think they have a Target maybe walmart...they also sell the big bottle at tjmaxx and marshalls but they may not always be there....i have the smooth as silk conditioner and the tea tree shampoo...i also love aussie moist 3 minute miracle....
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 15th February 2010, 11:58 am

Definitely try Herbal Essence conditioners. You can purchase this line of products at Walmart, any drugstore and I believe they're on sale at CVS this week. I use Hello Hydration or Totally Twisted during my cowashes. Another cheap yet effective brand is Suave Naturals.

For DC the ladies have recommend Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose. I use a different DT but that one is highly recommended. Try Target for that purchase. You may also want to invest in a leave-in condish like Giovanni's Direct Leave In @ TJ Maxx/Marshall's or Rite Aid. Lastly, you can use braid sprays as a moisturizer but you have to seal your hair with oils or butters like EVOO, EVCO, jojoba, sweet almond oils, or unrefined shea butter.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Skluffy101 15th February 2010, 5:55 pm

oh i forgot all about the herbal essence brands Sad

but yeah i already went to the store and I got:

Organix tea tree something shampoo
organix coconut conditioner
giovanni smooth as silk (i didnt read, thought it was direct leave-in Sad )
cantu shea butter
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 16th February 2010, 1:02 pm

Let us know how well these products work for you.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down