CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Rinse Out

5 posters

Go down

Henna Rinse Out Empty Henna Rinse Out

Post by MandiFran 8th February 2010, 11:10 am

I did an overnight henna (100gm, green tea, honey) 2 weeks ago. I did a head dunk and loosened in the tub. I then got under the shower stream and rinsed, rinsed, rinsed, using lots of conditioner. I followed that with a DT and sat under a dryer with a cap. After that I rinsed a few more times and detangled, styled, etc.

Fast forward two weeks and I did a coconut-avocado oil hot oil treatment, cowashed and DT with Giovanni 50:50 with coconut milk, coconut and avocado oil. I sat under the dryer with that and then detagled. I noticed when rinsing my hair the final time that there was orange going down the drain. At first I thought it was the reflection from my t shirt. I was wearing an orange t-shirt, but then I squeezed my hair in my hands and the condish/water from my hair was definitely orange. Is it normal for color to be rinsing out two weeks later? If not, what is going on here?
MandiFran
MandiFran

Back to top Go down

Henna Rinse Out Empty Re: Henna Rinse Out

Post by akaprincess00 8th February 2010, 1:15 pm

Good question! Fortunately, I've never noticed this. I would think that 2 weeks later you wouldn't have henna remnants.
akaprincess00
akaprincess00

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 8th February 2010, 2:51 pm

That means you didn't rinse out all the henna. You need to rinse and really scrub your scalp until the water runs clear and then rinse again Wink
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

Post by MandiFran 8th February 2010, 3:32 pm

Well what I didn't put in was that I'd co-washed my hair each week since the henna and there was none of that. I wonder if it is the heat and the DT that is pulling out the leftovers.
MandiFran
MandiFran

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 8th February 2010, 3:49 pm

I had henna color running down my hair for over a month....and I rinsed it out well enough I think..to me it's normal
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 8th February 2010, 7:53 pm

So this is just colour, not any grains as such? I think rinsing out is only a problem if you are still seeing grains, which might indicate that you may wish to change to a finer sift brand of henna.

Maybe the hot oil treatment loosened some of the colour? The way henna works is that it coats the hair shaft, this is permanent but I guess it can get loosened over time.

Usually I don't get any colour run but when I steam, I do notice a little colour then in the bottle that collects the water.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down