CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie!!

2 posters

Go down

Newbie!! Empty Newbie!!

Post by NaturalTina 3rd February 2010, 3:15 pm

I'm new to the board and a bit lost lol I did my BC January 8, 2010 and I need help with products, styling, etc. I don't have experience styling short natural hair so I've just been doing wash and go's and wearing headbands, clips, etc. I have also been dabbling in mixing my own products. Any help would be appreciated!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Newbie!! Empty Re: Newbie!!

Post by nikkinixnicole 3rd February 2010, 7:51 pm

Hey NaturalTina! Congrats on your recent BC!

I have tonnes of experience with natural hair.. I've made many mistakes and have learned from every one of them and I am very willing to share my experiences.

Here are some quick tips:

- Condition, condition, condition!!
- Avoid oils with petroleum, try using oils in pure form (olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil)
- Do NOT rely on flat irons or heat styling in general! (this may lead to heat damage, which is what I'm currently recovering from)
- Be willing to experiment with products, sometimes what works for some people does not work for others
- Use alcoholo-free gels/styling products
- For styling: YOUTUBE!! check out this helpful video on twa styling (posted on curlynikki.com recently): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCKPBLdETWI
- Be patient. In the end, you will learn and grow from this experience. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope this helps! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 10th February 2010, 7:11 pm

thank you sooooo much nikki!! I already steer from alcohol free styling products (even when I was relaxed) and I don't use them on my clients either. I guess its gonna be trial and error as far as experimenting goes lol I'm trying not to become a PJ but I think it may be inevitable [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 11th February 2010, 5:00 pm

I don't know one natural who isn't a PJ. My PJism has gone from bad to worse recently [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have so much fun experimenting with my hair-- different products, different styles, etc. It's a way of getting to know your hair, finding out what it likes/dislikes.

Enjoy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down