CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! Curlies living in NYC..where can I buy real deal unrefined shea butter from street sellers???

+3
LadyMika
naturalhonney
NigerianKinks
7 posters

Go down

HELP! Curlies living in NYC..where can I buy real deal unrefined shea butter from street sellers??? Empty HELP! Curlies living in NYC..where can I buy real deal unrefined shea butter from street sellers???

Post by NigerianKinks 2nd February 2010, 11:12 pm

Shea butter is my total go to product. I buy the unrefined or organic stuff online but I hear there are street sellers selling it all around the NYC area for much cheaper. Does anyone know where I can find them?? Just doing my part to support local business (and save a bit off cash) Wink

NigerianKinks

Back to top Go down

HELP! Curlies living in NYC..where can I buy real deal unrefined shea butter from street sellers??? Empty Re: HELP! Curlies living in NYC..where can I buy real deal unrefined shea butter from street sellers???

Post by naturalhonney 2nd February 2010, 11:58 pm

Harlem 125th street!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

HELP! Curlies living in NYC..where can I buy real deal unrefined shea butter from street sellers??? Empty Re: HELP! Curlies living in NYC..where can I buy real deal unrefined shea butter from street sellers???

Post by LadyMika 3rd February 2010, 12:01 am

There's a vendor typically in front of S&D Underground in Brooklyn on Fulton Street, but I get my shea butter from Madina Industries, a muslim wholesale that sells it for $4 a pound. They also sell a lot of oils too.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 3rd February 2010, 1:56 am

I got some from Jamaica Ave in Queens
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 3rd February 2010, 3:17 am

jealous!

Very Happy
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by NigerianKinks 3rd February 2010, 11:26 pm

Where on 125th street - I'm kinda new to the city. Thanks!

NigerianKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 3rd February 2010, 11:33 pm

Girl all you gotta do is get to 125th st and walk the africans are on about every block! Shea butter all over the place!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NigerianKinks 6th February 2010, 10:29 pm

I got some yesterday afterwork. Yay! $8 for 16 oz. I paid $12 for 6oz online! Also got some black african soap too. Thanks curllies!!

NigerianKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 7th February 2010, 2:26 pm

Where did you find it NigerianKinks?
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 8th February 2010, 12:44 pm

I got my shea butter of 125th too. I ended up getting the smaller jar, 8oz for $3.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 8th February 2010, 2:34 pm

@nyla, lol cuz i got mine from jamaica queens too! love that lil shopping district. we went for summer and i found these boots for $5...yeeees FIVE DOLLARS! i got em cuz they didnt look cheap and it was up to the knee boots for a whopping FIVE DOLLARS, lol. I seen em months later on my side of town going for $60... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 10th February 2010, 2:44 am

Ok!! Nubie Natty_ I am trying to make it to Jamaica Ave AGAIN! I want some knee boots so bad!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 10th February 2010, 3:00 am

Nyla you need SNOW BOOTS!!!! HELLOOOOOOOOOO [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NigerianKinks 10th February 2010, 9:24 pm

I second the snow boots lol!

I got it on 125th outside CVS right by the 1 subway station, I think it was 125th and lennox??

I'm using it all over my body and it hasn't dented the massive container. I think I may have it for years. But do I need to add a preservative??

NigerianKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 11th February 2010, 1:40 am

@NigerianKinks ~Girl I have a tub and embarresed to say how long I've had it lol didn't add a thing to it and its still good! I don't like the smell and don't know why I just don't get rid of it I guess I'll find a receipe for it and add oils to hide the smell.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down