CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequency of Protein Treatments

5 posters

Go down

Frequency of Protein Treatments Empty Frequency of Protein Treatments

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd February 2010, 12:28 pm

My diet is looking really bad right now and it's too cold for smoothies (for me) so I am thinking a protein treatment may be in the future. Before I look into it I have a few questions about personal regimens:

1. How often do you do protein treatments?
2. What products do you use or do you make them yourself?
3. Other than the elasticity test, is there another way you can tell when your hair needs protein?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Frequency of Protein Treatments Empty Re: Frequency of Protein Treatments

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd February 2010, 1:09 pm

I'm interested in seeing responses as well. I almost never do protein treatments. I had been using Hask Henna and Placenta conditioner, but then got scared of using it because I read about placenta in hair products and risks of cancer.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJustMe 3rd February 2010, 7:04 pm

1. I use protein treatments once a month
2. I use 2 cups of suave naturals conditioner mixed with 2 egg whites, and a teaspoon of wheat germ oil.
3. If you hair is hard and snaps off then you probably need to do a protein treatment.

Just a side note make sure that you balance out the protein and moisture that you put in your hair. Too much protein is not a good thing, and neither is too much moisture.

Hope that helps.
NaturallyJustMe
NaturallyJustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 7:24 pm

Tia, you know I am new at this but here is my observation....I did my last protein treatment based on the elasticity test and based on increase shedding. After the protein treatment with Giovanni Smooth As Silk and the next co wash I did with the Giovanni Smooth As Silk, my shedding is back to amount I am comfortable with and what I consider to be normal....Hope this helps in someway.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th February 2010, 12:30 am

tiashauntee wrote:My diet is looking really bad right now and it's too cold for smoothies (for me) so I am thinking a protein treatment may be in the future. Before I look into it I have a few questions about personal regimens:

1. How often do you do protein treatments?
2. What products do you use or do you make them yourself?
3. Other than the elasticity test, is there another way you can tell when your hair needs protein?
1. I should do them every other week. 2. I use Aubrey Organics GPB on dry hair for 30 minutes or I use Giovanni's smooth as silk conditioning treatment (comes in a tube) on wet hair for no more than five minutes. I always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. 3. I know my hair needs protein when it does not respond to products like it would. My hair is limp and lifeless. I know it is not moisture since I moisturize at least once a day.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down