CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not short, not long, in transition, style options???

+2
natural_nance
yoli
6 posters

Go down

Not short, not long,  in transition, style options??? Empty Not short, not long, in transition, style options???

Post by yoli 26th January 2010, 7:26 pm

Hey people! I'm about to have a problem...

I am in transition. Last relaxer was mid-May. I had a cute short cut. I've been keeping in hair in extensions (twists). Before my next set I want to keep my hair out for a week or two to give it a couple of treatments and practice styling for after my BC.

Problem is my hair is all different lengths, and the back is growing, but still to short for knots or rods.

Anyone have style suggestions for me? PLEASE! These twists are ready to come out! :-)
yoli
yoli

Back to top Go down

Not short, not long,  in transition, style options??? Empty Re: Not short, not long, in transition, style options???

Post by natural_nance 28th January 2010, 2:15 pm

Maybe you can try twist outs or braid outs?
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Not short, not long,  in transition, style options??? Empty Got to be brave!

Post by yoli 30th January 2010, 7:23 pm

Hey! I'm taking the extensions out next weekend. I'm going to try a braid out or straw set.... I hope I can actually do it! Sad
yoli
yoli

Back to top Go down

Not short, not long,  in transition, style options??? Empty Re: Not short, not long, in transition, style options???

Post by natural_nance 31st January 2010, 1:27 am

I spent like an entire weekend watching different youtube videos and eventually learned to cornrow my hair. So now I've mostly been wearing braid outs during my transition.
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 3rd February 2010, 12:13 am

Yoli-

My last relaxer was May as well. I started my transition with a sew-in weave. After I took my weave out I started to do straw sets. It is very easy to do but it takes a little time to do it. However, once you do it, it will last about 10-14 days. You may want to check out
You tube for a video but all you need for a straw set is straws, setting lotion and bobby pins. Put setting lotion on your hair, wrap your hair around the straw and secure it at the top with a bobby pin. I usually sit under the dryer of 20 mins and then I let it air dry.

HTH
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th February 2010, 12:56 pm

Neethair, I'm going to have to try the straw set. I know it's time consuming but any style that lasts that long, is worth the work.

@yoli: you could try the flat twist out
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 6th February 2010, 1:32 am

I think I might give straw sets a try. Thanks for that idea.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 6th February 2010, 2:00 am

Ya, I love the straw set but I am getting a lil sick of it and want to do something else. Since we are snowed in this weekend I think I want to do my hair in tiny twist and curl. Hopefully they will last as long as my straw set and then I will do a twist out.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Not short, not long,  in transition, style options??? Empty I did it... I think! lol

Post by yoli 7th February 2010, 4:42 pm

Ok... I did a straw set this weekend.... er... pictures to come. I think it looks OK, considering I don't have much experience doing my own hair. LOL

I think that's a big issue that scare off alot of would-be naturals. After relaxing, and headed to the beauty shop a few times a month, and barely caring for it inbetween, it's easy to think you can't do your own hair, and you can't learn how. Learning to style is going to be a ongoing struggle for me for awhile.

Pictures of my first attempt to come. I will take pictures at the superbowl party later. ;-)
yoli
yoli

Back to top Go down

Not short, not long,  in transition, style options??? Empty Ok, it looked like this

Post by yoli 8th February 2010, 4:42 pm

Ok, here is my first attempt at doing my own hair in a long time. I had some issue with my hair while washing. I think it's OK for a 1st shot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yoli
yoli

Back to top Go down

Post by WesternBell 9th February 2010, 4:15 am

A straw set sounds nice, and looks great on transitioning hair!
WesternBell
WesternBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down