CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you use kinky curly's leave in conditioner and spiral spritz?

2 posters

Go down

How do you use kinky curly's leave in conditioner and spiral spritz? Empty How do you use kinky curly's leave in conditioner and spiral spritz?

Post by photobscura 21st January 2010, 10:38 pm

How do you know if you're using kinky curly right? I have the leave in conditioner and the spray and I don't know if I'm doing it right. I put the leave in conditioner on to moisturize my hair, and since the spiral spray is heavy I put that on right after and before I put my hair in curlers. My hair still feels a little dry and I'm not sure if it's because of the weather or if I'm not using enough leave in conditioner, or maybe I just need to start sealing my hair with shea butter?

Is the spiral spray suppose to hold my curls better? I can't really spray it on my hair because it comes out as a stream and it's really heavy. In fact, how exactly are you suppose to use the spiral spritz? Do you spray it when your curls are already formed, or before you're putting your hair in curlers? I'm brand new to all of this so please forgive me if this is common knowledge to most of you!

Any help or advice you have would be great.

Thank you!
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

How do you use kinky curly's leave in conditioner and spiral spritz? Empty Re: How do you use kinky curly's leave in conditioner and spiral spritz?

Post by RayMingy 23rd January 2010, 1:38 am

I have used Kinky Curly Knot Today and the Spiral Spritz which as you said is not a spritz at all! This week I've put the Knot Today in my hair on top of a moisturizing mix I made out of aloe vera gel, glycerin, a little bit of water, and a couple EOs mixed in. I just use this mix because I think it's moisturizing and helps me apply other products more easily. Anyway...I style my hair by kind of finger-twirling the curls after co-washing and applying the leave-in. Some of my strands are kind of straight and twirling them helps them curl up. After doing this I apply the Spiral Spritz to the curls that are either not staying curled or have hairs sticking out of them. I would use these producs the same way even if I didn't put anything under the leave-in.

Obviously I have not used these products with rollers but I think you may want to add some other moisturizing product in the mix somewhere. Kinky Curly products are not that moisturizing alone I have found. I once applied the Spiral Spritz all over and found it to be drying as well. Another option could be to spray some olive oil or a lighter oil on to your hair after it's set? I've found this to be helpful because some products don't mix well with oils or oil-based moisturizers if you apply them on top of each other while styling but I haven't had problems when spraying an oil mix on top of a finished style.

This is probably too long of a post and may not apply to you and what you are trying to do with your hair but I hope you find some helpful info in here somewhere lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RayMingy
RayMingy

Back to top Go down

How do you use kinky curly's leave in conditioner and spiral spritz? Empty Re: How do you use kinky curly's leave in conditioner and spiral spritz?

Post by photobscura 24th January 2010, 10:44 pm

RayMingy wrote:I have used Kinky Curly Knot Today and the Spiral Spritz which as you said is not a spritz at all! This week I've put the Knot Today in my hair on top of a moisturizing mix I made out of aloe vera gel, glycerin, a little bit of water, and a couple EOs mixed in. I just use this mix because I think it's moisturizing and helps me apply other products more easily. Anyway...I style my hair by kind of finger-twirling the curls after co-washing and applying the leave-in. Some of my strands are kind of straight and twirling them helps them curl up. After doing this I apply the Spiral Spritz to the curls that are either not staying curled or have hairs sticking out of them. I would use these producs the same way even if I didn't put anything under the leave-in.

Obviously I have not used these products with rollers but I think you may want to add some other moisturizing product in the mix somewhere. Kinky Curly products are not that moisturizing alone I have found. I once applied the Spiral Spritz all over and found it to be drying as well. Another option could be to spray some olive oil or a lighter oil on to your hair after it's set? I've found this to be helpful because some products don't mix well with oils or oil-based moisturizers if you apply them on top of each other while styling but I haven't had problems when spraying an oil mix on top of a finished style.

This is probably too long of a post and may not apply to you and what you are trying to do with your hair but I hope you find some helpful info in here somewhere lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That was definitely helpful, thank you for responding!
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down