CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baking soda rinse

3 posters

Go down

Baking soda rinse Empty Baking soda rinse

Post by chocolate-kinks 19th January 2010, 10:46 pm

From reading a lot of reviews and making a lot of research I learned that naturals should avoid shampoos. I learned if we do have to shampoo, do that about once a month, but co wash as much as needed. So okay, I was reading up on the BS rinse. I heard I needed one TSP of BS and the rest is water and shampoo. I did that and OMG!!!! I mad a huge mistake. My HAIR WAS LITERALLY FALLING OUT IN MY HANDS!!!!, It was ridicolus. I told another natural friend about my experience and she told me I was not suppose to add the shampoo. So I took her advice and tried it again. If they say shampoo is bad, this is worst . My hair was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dry afterwards, I mean like dry to the point it was irritating lol. Even after adding conditioner it was still dry. Do you think I maybe added too much BS? or is that suppose to happen. I understand that it says it takes out the gunk thats on your hair, but dag. Also how often so I BS rinse? and do I use it in substitution of the shampoo or in between shampoo washing? Thanks Ladies Smile
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Baking soda rinse Empty Re: Baking soda rinse

Post by R2D2 19th January 2010, 11:28 pm

Oops about the shampoo and BS! I bet your hair was pretty shocked! In relation to ratios about 1 tablespoon of BS to 1 litre of water used to work well for me.

To be honest, if shampoos were working well for you before then stick with that. There is no "should" about anything, but what works for you. Some people don't find that BS works well for them.

I've stopped using BS and now shampoo once a week and clarify once a month. If you are a frequent cowasher then shampooing once a week might be better than once a month in order to avoid build up from conditioners. To avoid the dryness that you can often get from sulphate shampoos you can do an oil pre-poo. I always mix amla oil with crushed garlic (an anti shedding agent) apply to hair, leave for 1 hour and then shampoo. I never get dryness even when using a strong clarifying shampoo. Another oil you can use as a pre-poo is EVOO.

So just what works for you! I did like the BS though. I hope you can find a ratio that is good for your hair.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 19th January 2010, 11:35 pm

R2D2 wrote:Oops about the shampoo and BS! I bet your hair was pretty shocked! In relation to ratios about 1 tablespoon of BS to 1 litre of water used to work well for me.

To be honest, if shampoos were working well for you before then stick with that. There is no "should" about anything, but what works for you. Some people don't find that BS works well for them.

I've stopped using BS and now shampoo once a week and clarify once a month. If you are a frequent cowasher then shampooing once a week might be better than once a month in order to avoid build up from conditioners. To avoid the dryness that you can often get from sulphate shampoos you can do an oil pre-poo. I always mix amla oil with crushed garlic (an anti shedding agent) apply to hair, leave for 1 hour and then shampoo. I never get dryness even when using a strong clarifying shampoo. Another oil you can use as a pre-poo is EVOO.

So just what works for you! I did like the BS though. I hope you can find a ratio that is good for your hair.

Thanks you Smile. Shampoo seems to work great for me so I might just stay with that, I think I may just purchase a non sulfate shampoo. Thank You again.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 20th January 2010, 2:09 pm

Oh gosh I know that experience was shocking! Actually, from what I've read before, baking soda raises the hair shaft and so you if you do it you need to follow it with an apple cider vinegar rinse to smooth down the hair shaft again, then conditioner. This is what I have done. However, I don't think my hair likes baking soda anyway.

So you can try this or just stick to the shampoo that works!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 20th January 2010, 7:15 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:Oh gosh I know that experience was shocking! Actually, from what I've read before, baking soda raises the hair shaft and so you if you do it you need to follow it with an apple cider vinegar rinse to smooth down the hair shaft again, then conditioner. This is what I have done. However, I don't think my hair likes baking soda anyway.

So you can try this or just stick to the shampoo that works!

Thanks so much Smile. Idk about the BS anyymore, I think I'll just stick to my shampoo lol. I'll try to find a non sulfate one though.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down