CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair Salons in the Washington DC Area

+6
splitsun
NubieNatty
neethair
Offandrunning
Girlie06
mzjackson79
10 posters

Go down

Natural Hair Salons in the Washington DC Area Empty Natural Hair Salons in the Washington DC Area

Post by mzjackson79 13th January 2010, 9:03 pm

Hello Sista's. I am new to this forum, and I hope that my questions are appropriate to ask on here. If not someone let me know. I am currently in transistion mode. I cut my hair short about 2 years ago, but keep it straight. I am really excited about going natural!!I was first inspired by Traci Ross's hair. I will be getting braids and wearing braids for awhile and then I will do the BC. I want it to be long enough for me to be able to do something with it. When I do my big chop I want to go to a salon that can help me transition correctly. So I am wondering if anyon knows of any Good Natural Hair Salons in the Washington DC Area? I am really wanting my transition to be easy and would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. Thanks in adavance,
mzjackson79
mzjackson79

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair Salons in the Washington DC Area Empty Re: Natural Hair Salons in the Washington DC Area

Post by Girlie06 21st January 2010, 12:47 am

check out reniece.com. She also has a fotki. Everyone raves about her amazing work especially with natural hair. All of the stylists are good but it can be hard to get an appointment. Maybe you can walk in to get more info and book a consultation.

Girlie06

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair Salons in the Washington DC Area Empty Re: Natural Hair Salons in the Washington DC Area

Post by Offandrunning 21st January 2010, 12:59 am

just an added note about reniece....she is very pricey....a co-worker of my sister went to her...it took her like 8 months to get an appointment....she does weave on alot of people who are transitioning and is known for her method, the hair she uses and the results that alot of her clients have...beautiful long hair....to sum it up she does great work...and my sisters co-workers hair is beautiful, but it cost her like $700

Offandrunning

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 21st January 2010, 2:22 pm

$700.00 is she serious? Wow, that's a lot.

You may want to try Essentials Hair Spa (in Laural). I went 1 time and it was OK. Also, I heard good things about Fabulocs (Capital Heights). I would get a consultation with one of these salons before spending $700.00.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Offandrunning 21st January 2010, 11:46 pm

I totally agree, i would never pay that kind of money but to each their own....like i said it was beautiful couldnt tell it was weave...but ouch!!!!

Offandrunning

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd January 2010, 9:20 am

SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARRRRSSSSSS!!!! shhhhhooot, i'd whip up my own hair method for that price myself.

bout time neethair you posted a pic, lol.

i love essentials and i'll be going back for my comb coils soon! but i am looking for other salons to review for me and karen's blog!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 22nd January 2010, 11:28 am

Great thread, I've been looking for natural hair care salons in DC.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 22nd January 2010, 11:32 am

I was researching and came across this listing:

Hair Care in DC

Hope it helps
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 22nd January 2010, 12:10 pm

Nubie-

You still putting me on blast [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I love you new avatar- you giving up a whole lot of "I'm DIVA". I see you.

Splitsun, thanksI'mgoing to check this out.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by ~naturalmel 22nd January 2010, 5:51 pm

If you are looking for a great trim check out Amanda and Bang Salon (Verizon Center Location) Ive had her give me a blow out and se's done cornrows - (she no longer offers cornrows as a service though) Still trying to find someone to do a natural "style" for me when I want a break -- like right now! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Any suggestions?

I wrote a review about my experience at Bang over at Yelp, here it is:
I moved back to the area a year ago and for this past year I have gone through some drama trying to find someone to cut/style my hair. Let's just say that my year of bad luck is over. LIFE IS GOOD. I have natural Black hair (no relaxer, no chems, etc.) and I have a lot of it. I went to see AMANDA at Bang and this chick is the BUSINESS. If you rock a natural and you are looking for someone to style it for you, whether that means braids, twists, a blowout, flatiron GO SEE AMANDA! SHe has great energy - I knew from the minute she came over and introduced herself that it was all good.

The salon is right downtown - right next to the metro and the is beautiful! Treat yourself well - Go to Bang and walk out HAPPY and FABULOUS!
~naturalmel
~naturalmel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd January 2010, 6:42 pm

thanx natural mel, whats the number?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ~naturalmel 23rd January 2010, 12:57 am

Here'sthe info:

Bang Salon
601 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20050
(202) 737-2264

www.bangsalon.com
~naturalmel
~naturalmel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd January 2010, 8:04 am

i may check them out, their prices arent bad to be downtown dc!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mzjackson79 25th January 2010, 10:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks for all the info ladies. Sorry for just now responding. Havent been on the site in a couple of days.

Tomorrow I am going to get microbraids, I plan to keep them in for 3 months and then get them redone, for another 3 months. Once that is over i need someone to cut the relaxer out and help me take care of it from there!!

What do you all think about braids as a transition style?
mzjackson79
mzjackson79

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th January 2010, 10:36 pm

i liked my kinky twist to give my hair a break in the midst of winter. i actually plan on doing some kind of braiding style from now on in the winter months. however, i missed playing in my hair so i took em out a month before planned, lol. i was thinking of gettin micro's now while my hair is still short but i dont think those will last long either!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettySheree210 26th May 2010, 8:11 am

Good day ladies. I stumbled upon this thread earlier this year but I kept forgetting to come back and post here.

I have been going to Reniece for a few months now. I managed to get an appointment through her cancellation list form because she rarely takes new clients regularly. Anyway, when I saw this post I gawked at the $700 price that a poster previously mentioned. So when I had my consultation, she explained that it's the cost of hair that can bring the overall price up. She doesn't sell the hair, you have to buy it through a separate hair place that she recommends. Or you can bring your own hair.

I have been very pleased with my hair progress since going to her. My initial appointment was actually about $330(for the service) plus $80 with the hair I chose - and I have been able to re-use the bundle of hair. But I do plan to upgrade to the highest quality hair for my upcoming appointment. Okay, then the service price actually goes down for your second appointment. I only paid $260 for my second appt. My upcoming one will be 260 as well because I choose to take my own weaves down. Her take out price is $45 for people who need the service. I also like that she has all-inclusive pricing. It never costs me more to have treatments, trims or curls. And I appreciate that.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just thought I'd post the info about her pricing and such. I am looking forward to growin my hair with her help.

PrettySheree210

Back to top Go down

Post by jalicia77 17th October 2010, 12:01 am

I am going to meet with the folks at http://www.naklecticnaturalhair.com/contactus.html on wednesday with my mom. I'd like to also visit with the folks at fabulocs in capitol heights Maryland. I will keep you ladies posted!!
jalicia77
jalicia77

Back to top Go down

Post by thatmochagirl 19th October 2010, 9:58 am

Naklectic hair salon... gave me the WORSTTTTT < WORST !!!! Big CHOP!

it was un-even - They cut my hair WET - and now I am growing out a mullet cut.

I also hated their service!

Jalicia77....

I hope you had a good experience with them because I got a rude and unprofessional experience. I was treated differently because of my Hair texture. They asked me about my Race and if I was DATING a WHITE GUY> ?

Like ...I really don't even know how -who I'm dating really matters when I'm getting my hair cut.

Another bad point about the Naklectic Hair Salon in Maryland- was that they Pushed ---- their EXTREMELY over priced hair styles on me. - First a bad haircut then they wanted me to whip out another 80 bucks for Twists. ...

To spell it out for you. - Its 3 months later- and I'm still upset about going to this salon.

My 3C hair will stick with having her mother give her trims from now on!
thatmochagirl
thatmochagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down