CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Two Strand Twists (Not so sure about it)

2 posters

Go down

Dry Two Strand Twists (Not so sure about it) Empty Dry Two Strand Twists (Not so sure about it)

Post by Brwnsugar24 29th March 2011, 9:46 am

Ok maybe it is just me. Yesterday I spent a lot of time on youtube looking at protective styles (I had a lot of time on my hands at work LOL) and came across several two strand twist pin up styles. I decide to rush home from work and give it a go. My hair was out in a wash and go style so I decided to do the two strand twists on dry hair. Well.... I normally do my two strand twists after I wash and condition right out of the shower. This time I took my hair and divided it into several small sections and spritzed the side I was working with down with water and added some of my shea butter mix and began to twist. This is my issue... I found it harder to do my two strand twists this way as opposed to doing them straight out of the shower after I have washed and conditioned my hair. Meaning I hate doing dry two strand twists. Does anyone else feel this way??

Side note: I didn't really care for my pin up style attempt LOL

[center][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brwnsugar24
Brwnsugar24

Back to top Go down

Dry Two Strand Twists (Not so sure about it) Empty Re: Dry Two Strand Twists (Not so sure about it)

Post by Lynnieluve 29th March 2011, 2:16 pm

I don't notice a difference in twist my hair wet vs dry as in actually twisting my hair. Now I do get different results when I twist wet vs dry.

wet twist = shrinkage

dry twist = stretch hair showing more length.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Dry Two Strand Twists (Not so sure about it) Empty Re: Dry Two Strand Twists (Not so sure about it)

Post by Brwnsugar24 29th March 2011, 3:11 pm

I guess the reason I dislike dry twists (at least for now) is that my hair was hardier to manipulate when dry, even after wetting it. It was also hard to part into sections because the hair had been dry. I did wet it with water but I didn't drown it with water. Maybe I didn't use enough water. I also thought about the fact that maybe its because my hair had shrunk from doing a wash and go and then me trying to stretch it out after the fact didn't work for me. I may have to revisit this again.
Brwnsugar24
Brwnsugar24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down