CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you ladies tame your edges?!?

+3
tiashaunteé
authenticbeauty
RWF2122
7 posters

Go down

How do you ladies tame your edges?!? Empty How do you ladies tame your edges?!?

Post by RWF2122 8th January 2010, 3:22 pm

Hi, yall! Ok. I have super duper curly hair and my edges are nothing but coilies and 'whispies' as I call them. They lay down just long enough after I brush them back that I can throw some Ampro Styl gel on them, but they don't last long unless I wear my do-rag the ENTIRE day. And that's not a cute look for 2010. My question for everyone is: how do you handle your edges and keep them looking smooth or relatively smooth for up-dos? Do you use something other than gel? Should I be trying other products?

Thanks! Very Happy
RWF2122
RWF2122

Back to top Go down

How do you ladies tame your edges?!? Empty Re: How do you ladies tame your edges?!?

Post by authenticbeauty 8th January 2010, 3:44 pm

I usually put conditioner in my hair then slide on a headband while I'm getting ready. I leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour and I'm good. I hope this helps.
authenticbeauty
authenticbeauty

Back to top Go down

How do you ladies tame your edges?!? Empty Re: How do you ladies tame your edges?!?

Post by tiashaunteé 8th January 2010, 4:07 pm

Either IC Aloe Vera gel or Shea butter & water then scarf until I reach my destination
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 8th January 2010, 4:42 pm

Shea butter or EcoStylr Oliv Oil gel....both very soft and leave them shiny! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz B 8th January 2010, 7:22 pm

Leave-in conditioner, water, EcoStyler gel and tie my head with a scarf over night and I'm good! I think the key is the scarf.
Miz B
Miz B

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2010, 7:29 pm

EcoStyler gel (clear)...I tie down my edges for about 10 minutes and it works for me.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 8th January 2010, 11:12 pm

I also use IC Aloe Vera Gel. I only put it on (w/ a scarf) in the morning while I'm showering, getting dressed, etc... and it is good by the time I leave the house.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down