CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pump up the volume!

4 posters

Go down

Pump up the volume! Empty Pump up the volume!

Post by *CurlyNikki* 23rd October 2009, 8:02 pm

I love this article by No Poo Jillipoo:

Click HERE

Although her hair type is different, many of her tips apply to us too!

Pump it up:

-use less product, duh (this is why I stopped using gels...less product gave me the bigger hair I wanted!)
-twist-outs and Twist-n-Curls give more volume than other styles
-Use products with cetrimonium chloride...this must be why I love DevaCare One Cond as a styler!

Tone it down:

-Shingle the hair or wash-n-go
-Use more product (leave-in +gel or cream styler)
-Use oils

Whatcha think? afro My goal is NEVER to tone it down, lol. I need more tips on how to get it bigger!!!!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Pump up the volume! Empty Re: Pump up the volume!

Post by Cygnet 24th October 2009, 3:54 am

The two things I simultaneously want for my hair are a soft, silky feel and no-residue touchability. My problem is that I need a lot of moisture, but everything I do to make that happen results in my hair either being too oily, too tacky, or some combinati0on of the two. If I back off the products to avoid this, I end up with dry, crunchy frizz. I wish I could find a product or combination of products that would give me that right combination. I'm not in a relationship, but I do get lots of hugs from my friends, and it is embarrassing to me when they end up with my hair junk all over them. If I can ever figure out this problem, I'll let the big or not take care of itself.

Cygnet

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 24th October 2009, 9:51 am

That's a tough one too! I finally found the combo...it only took 3 years, and way too much money! You have to find the perfect leave-in, then you only really need one product, and an oil or butter to seal the ends. Keep looking...its out there Smile
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lita 26th October 2009, 6:56 pm

Washing my hair with coconut milk/conditioning & useing coconut milk based products has helped me a lot... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yogurt-Very fluffy hair... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Egg-Strong thick hair.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Komaza-Coconut Hair Milk & Coconut Lotion (hair feels & looks thicker with great shine) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mixing Beer & Henna [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Talk About Thick,Fluffy,Strong & Soft Hair.......
(For Me Its A Keeper)

Happy Hair Growing! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lita
Lita

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 27th October 2009, 2:37 pm

~I take my Braids/Twists down right before i shower and let my hair puff in the humidity (its still defined but its fuller than braids/twists alone)
OR

~Modified Wash and Go-(ok this is going to look complicated but it really only takes a few min) I condition and braid about 8 sections of hair in the shower, rinse most of the conditioner out with the braids still in, gently squeeze the braids with a towel to dry them a bit, seal my ends with shea butter/coconut oil mix, keep the braids in until i am ready to walk out the door, shake shake, then cute, defined, full hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like braidouts and twistouts but they don't make my fine hair full enough. For me, i have to add some kind of moisture to give me the lift that i want.
justpeachy
justpeachy

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 27th October 2009, 2:42 pm

oh one more thing:

I cosign with Nikki, when i use lighter products my hair is fluffy goodness but when i use my eco styler mix and a denman it is like packed ramen noodles. I like both but prefer to wear it fluffy.
justpeachy
justpeachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down