CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oyin Handmade...

+26
Born2BeMe
Napstrong
crvng4mr
natural83
Talisa3636
Janet36603
Juices-n-Berries
LadyMika
coilykinks
lena73
BeautifullyFree
saroyag
yoflynn
DvaAuNaturel
Hollis
naturalkitty'10
BlondeByDesire
PaganWifey
1rasheda
Sunshinecurls
brownsugar09
My fro loves me
quincie1479
BlakButterfli
Tmochava
Curly Film Chick
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oyin Handmade... - Page 2 Empty Re: Oyin Handmade...

Post by DvaAuNaturel 14th April 2010, 6:21 pm

I just found out from the Oyin team on Sunday that the Honey Hemp Condish can be used as a shaving cream. There was someone there who had tried it and said it worked well. I'll be trying it and let you know.

~Dva
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 14th April 2010, 11:20 pm

I wouldn't say that I have sensitive skin...until I used the Oyin sample pack and broke out in a horrible rash on my palms and hands that lasted a few weeks. Skin is super sensitive now. Don't want to say it was the Oyin products that did it because I LOVED what they did for my hair, but I switched to those exclusively that week to see how it worked on my hair and then broke out in the rash a few days later...

I had already placed my second order and everything but when I told them about the rash they gave me a full refund, no problem so I love their customer service but...

*sigh* Guess I'll never be an Oyin Honey. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Funny thing is I never broke out on my scalp. Just hands, arms and legs a little bit... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 19th April 2010, 4:01 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:I just found out from the Oyin team on Sunday that the Honey Hemp Condish can be used as a shaving cream. There was someone there who had tried it and said it worked well. I'll be trying it and let you know.

~Dva

Hey girl! I remember you from that sunday! Yep I use it as a shaving cream and it is pretty nice. It leaves your skin pretty smooth and soft. I recommend.
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 21st April 2010, 4:38 pm

Has anyone tried their Grand Poo Bar? I really want to try a shampoo bar.
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st April 2010, 11:10 pm

Talisa3636 wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:I just found out from the Oyin team on Sunday that the Honey Hemp Condish can be used as a shaving cream. There was someone there who had tried it and said it worked well. I'll be trying it and let you know.

~Dva

Hey girl! I remember you from that sunday! Yep I use it as a shaving cream and it is pretty nice. It leaves your skin pretty smooth and soft. I recommend.

Hey Talisa,

That was you! lol! I kept trying to remember who told me about it. Thanks for that tip! I tried it and like it. Might be my imigination but my legs were smoother and my shave seemed to last longer.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st April 2010, 11:13 pm

brownsugar09 wrote:Has anyone tried their Grand Poo Bar? I really want to try a shampoo bar.

I've used the Poo Bar and really like it. I like pretty much everything Oyin to be honest. Razz But the Poo bar makes a nice lather and doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped. It feels clean but not overly so (squeaky clean) if you know what I mean.

Someone from the first Oyin bottling party I attended recommended it to me. It's the only poo method I've used for the past couple of months and I'm pleased.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd April 2010, 2:35 am

Which one is good for just a good moisturizer for the hair? I may order this tonight.
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 23rd April 2010, 8:02 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
brownsugar09 wrote:Has anyone tried their Grand Poo Bar? I really want to try a shampoo bar.

I've used the Poo Bar and really like it. I like pretty much everything Oyin to be honest. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But the Poo bar makes a nice lather and doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped. It feels clean but not overly so (squeaky clean) if you know what I mean.

Someone from the first Oyin bottling party I attended recommended it to me. It's the only poo method I've used for the past couple of months and I'm pleased.

I may have to order the Poo Bar, I am getting excited just by reading your recommendations.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th April 2010, 11:05 pm

@natural83 - try the whipped pudding. that is a true moisturizer among the Oyin products

@coilykinks - try the Poo Bar. it's pretty gentle IMO. please post your results if you do. I hope you (and your hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) like it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 24th April 2010, 11:53 pm

I am planning to order some more Oyin products soon, because last time I just ordered the sample sizes. My next order will be the Juices and Berries(?), poo-bar, more HHC, burnt sugar pomade, and the shine and define plus the whipped pudding.

Can anyone tell me which juice is better? Frank, Greg or Juices and Berries?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 25th April 2010, 12:08 am

The only difference is the smell. So it's your personal taste or smell for that matter, smile.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Napstrong 8th May 2010, 8:43 pm

I will be definitely trying the HHC. I'm interested in seeing how it will detangle and moisturize my hair.
Napstrong
Napstrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 25th May 2010, 2:28 am

Oyin products are good stuff. I've only used the Shine-n-Define and Whipped Pudding so far, but I really like them both. The Shine and Define provides a nice soft hold and smells really good (think orange cream bar). If you have 4b or 4c hair you will need an additional product to use with it or your hair will be dry in no time. I did notice that the Shine and Define can leave some residue if there is any Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel in your hair. I really don't like the smell of the Whipped Pudding (straight up Hershey bar), but it doesn't linger in your hair at all. I used this alone after moisturizing w/ my Darcy's Botanicals Daily Leave In and my hair was baby soft. Hope u like the line!
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Oyin Handmade... - Page 2 Empty Oyin im in love!!!!

Post by naturalashanti 5th July 2010, 2:37 pm

im new to curly nikki and have been transitioning since march 2009 and have been suffering ever since from severe pj'ism i have tried darcy's, kccc, jane carter, and have been using afroveda pur whipped jelly (none of which was i really crazy about, they all left me w hard hair and seemed to dry my hair out)!! i have been on a serious quest for the perfect braid out since i still have about a little less than half of my relaxed hair. Well let me say that i have been eye balling the oyin products for some time and recently decided to endulge yet again on another product that probably wont work!! wow......i was amazed!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i used a little of my kbb hair milk as a leave in and mixed just a little of the whipped pudding and shine and define and braided my hair and omg....my best braid out ever!! very soft, defined fluffy hair!!! i couldn't stop touching my hair!! i love their products and the fact that they are all natural!! Im addicted and cant wait to try greg juice and the pomade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

naturalashanti

Back to top Go down

Post by Napstrong 6th July 2010, 1:55 pm

I know what you mean about the Oyin products. I'm loving them all My hair is feels clean, moisturized and well-defined. I bought the curls products and oyin products at the same time. I'm so loving oyin, that i haven't even wanted to try the curls. If I continue to get results like this with oyin, I might sale my brand new curls products on the swap boards. I'm glad you finally found something that works for you too, Naturalashanti. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Napstrong
Napstrong

Back to top Go down

Post by MoodyMauve 25th July 2010, 1:09 pm

Check out OyinHandmade's YouTube channel. She talks about their products and tells you how to use them.
MoodyMauve
MoodyMauve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th August 2010, 4:42 pm

I started using the HHC, S&D, J&B last Monday. I finally got down how to use them together. I will provide a complete review in a couple of weeks. The key for me so far is to use the HHC to condition, J&B then the S&D. I love how the product smell together.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 17th August 2010, 1:34 am

1rasheda wrote:I have the solution...please go to my website http://sheshay.com

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Oyin Handmade... - Page 2 Empty Review on Medium Textured, Normal to High Porosity Hair

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st September 2010, 12:33 pm

Juices & Berries – herbal leave in conditioner

Ingredients: purified water infused with horsetail, lavender, nettle, roses, and chamomile; organic flaxseeds; aloe vera juice; vegetable glycerine; essences of lavender, sweet orange, ylang ylang; grapefruit seed extract; citric acid. It is naturally preserved with grapefruit seed extract and citric acid

I had to use a lot on my hair about five to six pumps per section (typically 6-10). My hair did not feel moisturized afterward. I do not think my hair likes glycerin when it is in the top five ingredients. It tends to make my hair feel and look dry and dull.

I will not repurchase. I will use it to refresh my hair in protective styles. It did not do much for refreshing my WNGs. It was okay just not worth it to me.

Honey Hemp Conditioner

Ingredients: purified water, organic aloe vera gel, behentremonium methosulfate (emulsifier derived from colza oil), honey, virgin hemp oil, coconut oil, vegetable glycerine, hydrolized silk, citrus essences, fragrance, optiphen (preservative)

It was thinner in consistency than I like. I was able to detangle with it but my hair did not feel slippery when applied. I applied a significant amount and guess what still no slip.

I used it in the infamous Kimmaytube leave in, it worked well. It did not work well with aloe vera gelly. I got cottage cheese, ewwwwww.

I also used it to refresh my hair. It actually did better on slightly damp to dry hair.

I will not repurchase.

Shine & Define

Ingredients: purified water, organic flax seeds, organic aloe vera gel, sea vegetable complex, coconut oil, castor oil, unrefined shea butter, raw honey, vegetable glycerine, palm stearic acid, vegetable emulsifying waxes, fruit pectin, xanthan gum, dextrose, optiphen (preservative), citrus essential oils; fragrance.

The consistency is unique. It’s not creamy nor thick, hard to explain. It emulsifies nicely and did define my curls. It did not provide hold; the site explains that it does not. I used a harder hold gel over it.

Again, it was okay but I will not repurchase.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2