CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oyin Handmade...

+26
Born2BeMe
Napstrong
crvng4mr
natural83
Talisa3636
Janet36603
Juices-n-Berries
LadyMika
coilykinks
lena73
BeautifullyFree
saroyag
yoflynn
DvaAuNaturel
Hollis
naturalkitty'10
BlondeByDesire
PaganWifey
1rasheda
Sunshinecurls
brownsugar09
My fro loves me
quincie1479
BlakButterfli
Tmochava
Curly Film Chick
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oyin Handmade... Empty Oyin Handmade...

Post by Curly Film Chick 4th January 2010, 2:39 pm

So, I love the fact that Oyin basically mix stuff in their kitchen to make their products and I want to try some. But they seem to have random products (like Frank Juice) and frankly I don't know how to use them. Has anyone tried them? and what are the results?
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Oyin Handmade... Empty Re: Oyin Handmade...

Post by Tmochava 4th January 2010, 11:13 pm

I recently purchased the Honey Hemp Conditioner which I use as a leave in and the Juices and Berries (same as Frank Juice just different smells) which smells absolutely great and I use it as a daily moisturizing refresher. I have also heard its a good detangler.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 5th January 2010, 12:45 am

I ordered their sample pack awhile back. I LOVED, LOVED and LOVED the Honey Hemp Conditioner, the Shine and Define and the Whipped Pudding.

I used the HHC as a leave-in and the S&D to add a little, well, shine to my hair. The Whipped Pudding smelled great and it also can be used on your skin.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 5th January 2010, 2:03 am

I love the frank juice as a refresher. However, the nozzle sucks butt!!! I have the HHC and its great but somedays I dont care for the smell. Lastly, I also the Burnt Surgar Pomade and I mostly use that on my daughters hair when setting her hair in ponytails for school.
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 5th January 2010, 1:11 pm

I think I am most interested in the pomade and the Shine and Define, because it says it provides hold and I need that for when I do twists or braids...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by My fro loves me 5th January 2010, 3:16 pm

I use the Juices and Berries as a pre-poo detangler and mixed with water as a daily re-moisturizer. The Whipped Pudding is awesome on my ends when I twist and on my edges when set with a scarf. My husband thinks it smells like cigars though. The Shine and Define I use to twist my hair. I recently did a side by side comparison of a wash-n-go with this vs Curls Gel-les'c and the Shine and Define won hands down! I smoothed a little onto small sections of wet hair and my curls just popped and stayed shiney and defined for a couple of days. I recently tried using it as a face moisturizer after my oil cleanse and it's been amazing so far. The Burnt Sugar Pomade was a bit tricky with me. I wanted to like it so much because of the great ingredients and the smell but the consistency was too thick and gritty for me. Instead I just heat a little up in the microwave and use as a hot oil treatment. Hope this helps...

Update: Shine and Define...umm not so good on the face during the winter. It started drying my skin out. I'll probably revisit in the summer. I decided to give the pomade another try with my twists and I LOVE IT! I suspect it's because I've started dry twisting. I don't think it worked well on my wet hair. Now I stretch my hair overnight in large twists with some leave-in. Next day I apply a little shine and define and twist with the pomade. My twists stay frizz free yet soft all week.

Last edited by My fro loves me on 2nd February 2010, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
My fro loves me
My fro loves me

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 7th January 2010, 1:41 pm

I ordered the sample pack and my faves are the Shine and Define (it gives fantastic definition and non-sticky hold to my twists), the HHC (a conditioner that I will use in warmer weather) and the Frank Juice (the smell is a little to spicy/earthy for me but it was a good detangler. I'll probably order the Juices and Berries when I order a full size of the Shine and Define).
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshinecurls 10th January 2010, 2:17 am

This weekend I did two strand twist with the Burnt Sugar Pomade and I loved it!! I great hold and shine and had the perfect twist out! Since I did them I have not put anything else in my hair. I like Oyin. They will be launching a new site on Monday. According to there last podcast they have improved the turn around time! Which would be fab!!!
Sunshinecurls
Sunshinecurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 11th January 2010, 6:40 pm

thanks this was very helpful, I have a better idea of what I can purchase
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by 1rasheda 1st February 2010, 7:15 pm

I have the solution...please go to my website http://sheshay.com

1rasheda

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 23rd February 2010, 8:19 am

I'm glad you got the help you needed OP. I LOVE the Burnt Sugar Pomade for my twists and Shine and Define for my loose fro.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd February 2010, 5:53 pm

I can drive to the store, I want to try these products.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 25th February 2010, 12:05 am

I LOVE Oyin Handmade Products. I am addicted to the HHC, it detangles my hair so well and I usually leave it in after I use my shampoo bars. I also use Greg's juice which smells like a sweet citrus fruit. I like to just smell it on my hair. I use this one almost daily just to refresh my day 2 hair.
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

http://naturalkitty.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 26th February 2010, 11:41 am

does the HHC hold well for a leave in, in humid weather? What about the shine and define?
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 28th February 2010, 12:10 am

@hollis, i've never used the hhc in hot weather but i stay in richmond,va and it rains a lot in the fall/winter and gets humid! it really helps to keep my frizz down.
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

http://naturalkitty.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 28th February 2010, 11:53 am

@naturalkitty thanks, I got mine in the mail the other day and tried it out with the shine and define but I was so afraid of having frizzy hair that I think I put too much in. My hair was very defined and did not frizz at all and the humidity was very high that day so I know it works. I am going to try it again tonight but I am going to use less product and see if it is a little fluffier.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th March 2010, 12:54 am

I really like Oyin products. I recently attended one of the bottling parties and really enjoyed it. I couldn't stop sniffing the Greg and Frank juice mixes as I was bottling them up. They smell heavenly...Greg is my favorite for now. I have yet to try Juices-n-Berries.

I absolutely LOVE the Honey Hemp Condish. It smells amazing. The Greg and Frank juices are good for when I want to give my hair a little extra moisture later in the day or eveining before bed. I spray some on along with water to moisturize/refresh my hair.

Got the Burnt Sugar Pomade and Whipped Pudding and to be honest I am not sure how to use them. The whipped pudding smelled a little too chocolatey for my taste to use on the body so I am thinking I will use it to deep condition since the label has that as a suggested use.

I like the consistency and love the smell of the Shine & Define. Can I use that for my wash and go's and if I do, do I need a leave in and sealer oil?

I know I will do another bottling party and continue purchasing the products. I plan to be a long time customer.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by yoflynn 5th March 2010, 6:15 pm

I love oyin handmade they were one of the first companies I started off with so its like everything I get I compare to them but I love all of their products especially honey hemp conditioner burnt sugar pomade love that for twists outs shine and define and whipped pudding together create an awesome twist out and leave everything so define and a little goes a long way.. watch out for the coupons on the podcast.
yoflynn
yoflynn

http://www.naturallynewbie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by saroyag 10th March 2010, 2:15 am

The whipped pudding does smell a little strong, but I find the smell does wear off the next day. I generally wash and twist at night and no longer smell it in the morning. I haven't quite figured out exactly how I will use the product either. I ordered burnt sugar pomade also. I tried to mix the two on dry hair for a braid out and my hair was super greasy but I also used a leave on conditioner. This time I used them both again but sparingly on a twist out and so far so good. Next time I will try them separately.
saroyag
saroyag

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 21st March 2010, 2:20 am

I just ordered the sample pack of the Franks & berries, whipped pudding, honey hemp annnnd something else that comes with it...oh uuuh the shine & define lol...my bad..lost my train of thought lol anyway i already have the burnt sugar pomade..LUV the smell..it is a liiiitle thick but i think if u let it warm up in your hands it liquifies more an is better...can't wait to eceive my sample pack [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 21st March 2010, 2:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 21st March 2010, 10:16 am

i've been coveting oyin for awhile.
i finally got some HHC, whipped pudding, funk butter (for newly fragrant 9yr old son [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )...
i love the HHC as a leave in also.
whipped pudding ive used for my extremely dry skin, it has worked pretty good.
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 9th April 2010, 10:50 pm

Ok-I have really sensitive skin. What exactly does the pudding do for your skin. I just recv' the pudding, shine and define and HHC today.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 10th April 2010, 7:46 am

@CoilyKinks: The Whipped Pudding is really an all purpose moisturizer, so far as I can tell from other reviews and the Oyin podcast. It's made with shea butter, so may be good for sensitive skin but you can test a small amount on the skin in the crook of your elbow to be sure.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th April 2010, 6:44 pm

I have senstive skin and I used the whipped pudding on my skin. It didn't irritate my skin. However, the smell irritated my allergies. So now I just use it for hair.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next