CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash & NO!

2 posters

Go down

Wash & NO! Empty Wash & NO!

Post by xoxoKev31 2nd January 2010, 3:45 am

Hey Curlies! So I really want to rock my natural texture & the only way it seems I can achieve this look is by doing a wash & go. But whenever I wear a wash & go my hair gets so tangled & knotted! When I first went natural I wore a wash & go pretty much everyday, which was a HUGE mistake. My hair would get matted and I would get so frustrated detangling my hair that I would just rip through it. So now I've opted for braid outs, which have helped eliminate tangles tremendously! But I miss rocking my natural texture. HELP!
BTW: When I did my wash & go I just washed my hair with conditioner in the shower, rinsed, and let my hair air dry.
xoxoKev31
xoxoKev31

https://www.facebook.com/Kevina.Pennington

Back to top Go down

Wash & NO! Empty Re: Wash & NO!

Post by Veela 2nd January 2010, 11:17 am

What are you using to style your hair with? I find that I have to load my hair up with products for my wash n go. Lately I have begun to use Kinky curly. I absolutley love this line. I co-wash my hair, then apply the Knot today in sections and detangle in sections, after that I get out and proceed to apply the Curling Custard in small sections thru my entire head. After that, my hair is nice and soft for days. After about 3-4 days I revive the hairdo by pulling it back into a pony tail or puff. I find that I can add something elso to it like Miss Jessie's curly meringue and water and it looks fresh. Kinky Curly works well with other products.

Prior to using King Curly, I was using Ecostyler Gel for my wasn n go's. I used it exclusively for about 3-4 months, when I noticed my hair was dried out. Probably from all of the protein. I now may use it occasionally whenever I want a quick hairdo. I can blow dry my hair with a diffuser if I use the Ecostyler, whereas if I use the Kinky Curly I have to air dry. It won't turn out good if you use any kind of heat to dry.

Ecosyler however is not good for long term use.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 2nd January 2010, 11:33 am

also, are you doing deep treatments?
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoKev31 2nd January 2010, 4:02 pm

yes I deep condition my hair 1x a week sometimes more. I actually haven't tried a wash & go in months. When I was still in the TWA phase. But now my hair is fully grown out but I'm afraid to do a wash&go because my hair has been so healthy lately, I don't want to ruin it. But I think the problem was that I wasn't using any leave-in & I didn't detangle my hair. I have a full jar of KCCC but no knot today.
xoxoKev31
xoxoKev31

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 2nd January 2010, 4:26 pm

Ok, When I first Tried KCCC, the store I bought it from was all out of Knot Today, so i was stuck. My hair did ok, but I read online that they really work best together. So I have the Knot Today now and noticed a huge difference. But yes, the more conditioner, the better your wasn n go comes out. And it has to be soaking wet when u apply product. A trick I learned from Curly Nikki and Youtube, while I'm in the shower, after I put the conditioner on, I'll run my head back under the stream real quick to make it spongy like and for better absorption of the product. Yea, it is too cold right now. When I use Ecostyler, I can dry that with my hair dryer and diffuser.

But if I do KCCC, I do it on a day when I don't have to go anywhere and just walk around the house and let it air dry. Then it's fresh for the next day.

I don't do this that often right now, mostly I am wearing twist outs too..Brr, can't wait for the spring!
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoKev31 3rd January 2010, 4:57 pm

Yeah it's way too cold to do that lol But thanks a lot I'm going to experiment with the KCCC & Giovanni direct leave-in. I heard that works too. & when u do your wash & go do u leave your conditioner in or rinse & apply a leave in/gel?
xoxoKev31
xoxoKev31

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 4th January 2010, 9:49 am

I leave a heavy conditioner in when I use Ecostyler. I had been using Aussie Moist, I'll leave so much in it's white. Then of course let a lil more water hit it to get it good and soppy. I put the gel on while I'm still in the shower.

If I'm using KCCC, I just put the knot today on in the shower and get out then proceed to put the KCCC on.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoKev31 6th January 2010, 9:28 pm

Thanks a lot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll definitely try that when it gets warmer outside.
xoxoKev31
xoxoKev31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down