CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find products locally vs ordering online

+5
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
HAMPTONSFNST
Veela
9 posters

Go down

Find products locally vs ordering online Empty Find products locally vs ordering online

Post by Veela 31st December 2009, 3:37 pm

Hello Curly Ladies of the Curlynikki community. I have a project I think we as a group could and should work on. There are a lot of products we can not find locally in stores and have to order online. I feel like we are a big group and we should be able to start contacting some of the big chains, like Ulta, and telling them what products we want to see in their stores. The idea came to me yesteday, I just realized that Ulta sale DevaCare products in their store. Ulta is new in our area and they are a big chain and have a lot of brands available in their stores. One brand I especially would love to see there is Jessicurl. I am going to start researching and trying to find out who it is that we need to contact to make the suggestion of this and other products. I feel that we as a group should start contacting them and letting them know this is what we want and when they hear from so many people, they will realize that they stand to gain more business by selling what the people want. I would like to have a area we can post products that we all use and love on this website and all of us as a group call until local stores start selling them.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions on how we could get this project off of the ground.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Find products locally vs ordering online Empty Re: Find products locally vs ordering online

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 31st December 2009, 4:03 pm

That sounds like a great idea Veela. I usually shop at my local BSS store or travel to NYC for items that aren't sold and marketed towards consumers that are of color or natural. ( I live in a predom. white suburb) I would like to see BSS sell natural henna or other ayurvedic products that don't contain additives. Even a selection of oils(essential+carrier) would be nice.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Find products locally vs ordering online Empty Re: Find products locally vs ordering online

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st December 2009, 6:40 pm

Great idea! One thing of note, I cannot recall the product but someone commented that the formula changed when the product became more readily accessible.

I bet if you read through some of the Allow me to reintroduce myself thread there are ladies with public relations' degrees and/or experience. I would definitely be willing to let me voice be heard.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 31st December 2009, 7:05 pm

This is a WONDERFUL idea. I'd also be willing to lend my voice, email, phone call for this cause. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 1st January 2010, 12:12 am

Count me in too! I so agree with you and I think this is a great idea. Back when I had first heard about Mixed Chicks products I looked all over for it and couldn't find it. I asked the owner of a BSS store and she said she inquired about selling it but the company would not allow regular BSS stores to sell it. Only salons and froo froo places I guess. It's not fair though. I would also like to see Jessicurl and other online companies make their products more accessible.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 1st January 2010, 2:44 pm

this would be a good idea! because I'm actually weary of shopping for hair products online (I don't know why) and what ever I can't find in Ricky's (beauty supply store) or Whole Foods then I don't have it and I really want to try Jessicurl products!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 1st January 2010, 3:22 pm

@ curly Film chick Ricky's is EXPENSIVE!! (Their products are usually overpriced compared to other stores) I live in NYC too
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 1st January 2010, 3:24 pm

I do know (from my stylist) that some companies DO NOT want their products sold by anyone but salons. The idea is the perception of the consumer. The more exclusive a product is (can only get it from a salon or the company itself) the "better" the product is.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 1st January 2010, 3:29 pm

blondie wrote:I do know (from my stylist) that some companies DO NOT want their products sold by anyone but salons. The idea is the perception of the consumer. The more exclusive a product is (can only get it from a salon or the company itself) the "better" the product is.

Yep it's true. It's all a mind game.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 1st January 2010, 3:33 pm

cutephantasm wrote:@ curly Film chick Ricky's is EXPENSIVE!! (Their products are usually overpriced compared to other stores) I live in NYC too

I see that they price things about the same as anywhere else (like their DevaCare products, drugstore stuff tho I get at like Walgreens or Duane Reade) I'm usually by Union sq. Where do you recommend?
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 1st January 2010, 3:33 pm

Just tell me what to do and I'm down!!!

Maybe we can email the various companies with our request, link them to this thread, or just put our names on a list in order, give them our website or whatever. I don't know how it works. Once you figure it out let me know!! Smile
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down