CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would you relax ur hair in order to help others in their transition??

+14
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
cherece
CocaColaCutie
StacyB
natural83
AfrikanLatina
traveljunkie08
earthychic77
afrolicious
SisterBoyd
sweetdrk1
NikG20
Curly Film Chick
dajewel
18 posters

Go down

would you relax ur hair in order to help others in their transition?? Empty would you relax ur hair in order to help others in their transition??

Post by dajewel 29th December 2009, 9:00 pm

dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

would you relax ur hair in order to help others in their transition?? Empty Re: would you relax ur hair in order to help others in their transition??

Post by Curly Film Chick 29th December 2009, 9:02 pm

say waaat?
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

would you relax ur hair in order to help others in their transition?? Empty Re: would you relax ur hair in order to help others in their transition??

Post by NikG20 29th December 2009, 9:05 pm

Heck no. I would direct them to someone who is already transitioning that may be able to help them. Smile

I mean, I guess it is nice of her though. Hopefully it helps some ladies.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 29th December 2009, 9:08 pm

yeah, maybe its very brave of her because it's "just hair" but not for me, of my scalp....way to sensitive
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 9:16 pm

uhm...NOT!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 9:20 pm

I just watched the vid because I was sure it was a joke!! All that hair she has just to show someone? Man I would refer them like a mug...to get the help they need! Wow!

Did you guys read the comments??
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 29th December 2009, 9:24 pm

I try not to read YT comments because there can be some really ignorant people on there. I just read some though, seems like people are split on this one. "Don't do it..." And "Thanks".
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th December 2009, 9:41 pm

man, i was like "u joking, right?" no, she is dead serious!!!! i am all for helping others with how to take care of their hair, but come on!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th December 2009, 11:01 pm

Dude, I just got a full head of curls! No way Jose! I'll help you transition. I'll show my pictures...you can be encouraged to transition without me damaging my curls.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by afrolicious 29th December 2009, 11:55 pm

I came on here just to here what people would comment. Heck NO!

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by earthychic77 30th December 2009, 1:12 am

Now What Now??!?!?!!
earthychic77
earthychic77

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 30th December 2009, 1:18 am

I dunno. She seems to be taking an extreme measure by doing this. I don't think it's necessary. There are enough people transitioning or who have transitioned w/o the BC to help others along their journey.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th December 2009, 1:25 am

Thats like asking me if I'd go play in 5 o'clock traffic! Come on now. Absolutely not!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 30th December 2009, 3:35 am

Okayyyy, this is out of control and a little weird to me! LOL! I definitely would NOT do it! SMH!!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 30th December 2009, 2:35 pm

I'm sorry ladies, but that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I worked to hard and prayed to hard to get the nerve to cut my shoulder length hair to go natural. I be damn if "creamy crack" ever touch my scalp again. I don't care what type of relationship I have with anybody I WILL NOT go back to a relaxer so we can transition together. That just sounds real stupid to me!!
(I am not normally this judgemental but this is stupid!!)
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 30th December 2009, 3:25 pm

more power to her though for making herself a guinea pig.

i like the idea that they are going to transition without the big chop, so i don't think they are worried about how they are going to look with short hair.

personally i wouldn't do it because my entire 10 month transition was in weaves, and i doubt she's going to recommend that for the full transition. i had no desire to deal with the two textures but if that's what people are going to get out of this then i think it's a good thing.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by cherece 30th December 2009, 5:26 pm

WTH?!?!?!? It was hard enough transitioning to natural the first time, to have to go through the process of transitioning and BC-ing all over again would be insane. That woman must have lost her dang mind. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cherece

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 30th December 2009, 5:36 pm

I wouldnt do it but I ssay Kudos to her for being that passionate about it...because transitioning is HARD AS Heck!! I've almost gotten a perm twice and I've only been transitioning for 4 months. I think that was cool of her... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay 30th December 2009, 6:02 pm

UMM WHAAAAAT!!! It seems as though she has good intentions but really I think the best way she can help is to stay natural. I remember when this lady I knew was going natural and she permed her hair I was like whaaat you do that for? Your hair was my inspiration." Point blank she should just help by taking care of her natural hair and leave it alone . That' my 2 cents
Tay
Tay

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 30th December 2009, 9:46 pm

StacyB wrote:I'm sorry ladies, but that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I worked to hard and prayed to hard to get the nerve to cut my shoulder length hair to go natural. I be damn if "creamy crack" ever touch my scalp again. I don't care what type of relationship I have with anybody I WILL NOT go back to a relaxer so we can transition together. That just sounds real stupid to me!!
(I am not normally this judgemental but this is stupid!!)

thank you because you said it better than i could.
i was just [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @ the entire idea

will it be mean if i said that was cooky? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 30th December 2009, 9:47 pm

not for nothing, im going to go out on the limb...thats like saying. im gonna smoke some crack again, so we can rehab together.

it simply doesnt make sense.
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 31st December 2009, 2:05 pm

LMAO @ lena73, Exactly!!!! That is exactly how I am hearing it!!
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st December 2009, 3:15 pm

Like NewNew said in the movie ATL, "NOT GON' HAPPEN"...

I have come too far to turn around. I would politely point them in the direction of another person who is transitioning.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by likethemoon 31st December 2009, 3:29 pm

lena73 wrote:not for nothing, im going to go out on the limb...thats like saying. im gonna smoke some crack again, so we can rehab together.

it simply doesnt make sense.

Hilarious analogy! All I can think about is the excitement I feel as the days and weeks turn to months and I see growth, discover new things I can do with and for my hair. WHY OH WHY would I want to go back to square one to prove a point or provide some kind of encouragement to others considering transitioning or the BC when there are so many resources available these days? There's gotta be a better way and part of me feels a twinge of offense, like is it REALLY that bad to rock your natural hair/BC...to the point where you'd be willing to go to such an extreme? I know the adjustment is physical and psychological for alot of us but again, it just seems a wee bit extra.
likethemoon
likethemoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down