CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Bantu Knots and Knot-Out!!!

5 posters

Go down

My First Bantu Knots and Knot-Out!!! Empty My First Bantu Knots and Knot-Out!!!

Post by LearninToLove 27th December 2009, 11:51 pm

I've been reading about all these different transitioning styles and I thought I'd do something aside from a ponytail. Whoo hooo!!!! Here's the result!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As I said before...I'M LOVIN' IT!!!!

I had to twist them before I knotted it...

...so I'm interested to see how the twist outs will look. I'll try those next!

Right now....I'M STILL CELEBRATING THE BANTU KNOT-OUTS!!!!!
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

My First Bantu Knots and Knot-Out!!! Empty Re: My First Bantu Knots and Knot-Out!!!

Post by JenniferM19 28th December 2009, 12:12 am

these are mine a while back.. i did it on dry hair and pulled it out but i love them. I do them on my sisters all the time..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JenniferM19

Back to top Go down

My First Bantu Knots and Knot-Out!!! Empty Re: My First Bantu Knots and Knot-Out!!!

Post by Muz 28th December 2009, 11:50 am

Congrats! I know how you feel! I usually do mine on wet hair and sit under the dryer for an hour to get them mostly dry, or I do them on damp hair and let them set overnight.

Here's my first Bantu-Knot attempt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think I only did like 5. Now I usually do them smaller:

And the result is in my avatar and below:

I'd been doing them for like a month and a half straight, so I'm trying to figure out new ways to do it ~lol~ like I did for my Christmas hair where I flat twisted the front. But yeah, I wish I'd known about bantu-knot outs when I was still relaxing, I could have done those instead of ponytails. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 28th December 2009, 1:07 pm

Everyone's hair is so pretty. I tried doing this as my very first transitioning style and it did not come out so well. I've been TnCing ever since. Do you twist or braid them first? On dry or wet hair? And if you braid/twist them, do you undo the twist when you take out the knots?
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by JenniferM19 28th December 2009, 4:14 pm

I usually do mine on dry hair.. just because when my hair is wet ..for me its harder to work with. I just blow dry my hair and simply apply moisturizer.. or some type of wrapping spray.. Ive seen people twist(two strand) and braid.. but i dont.. i just make one big twist and continue to wrap the hair around... if u want something lik mine I un twist or undo the braids and twist..Braids seem to make a different type of curl.. more lik wavy/curl i think. remember..the smaller the sections and the tighter the Bantu knots the tighter the curl.. :)this is an example of loose bantu knots... o my older sis.. I  even did hers on permed hair.. and they turned out  great. Whats TnCing???  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JenniferM19

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 28th December 2009, 4:45 pm

I twist my wet or damp hair after I wash and knot it, then take the twists out after I unroll the knots. I also usually separate the twists too because I do mine in skinny sections and the curl can stand manipulation.

TnC'ing is twist and curling. You put rollers at the ends of your twists...
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 28th December 2009, 6:16 pm

I usually do mine on wet/damp hair, I don't two strand twist it, but I do twist them to the end.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 29th December 2009, 2:37 pm

I just started doing bantu knots and knot outs. Mine came out awesome. I usually do them on dry hair but I mist them to get them a little damp. This is my new staple style
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 29th December 2009, 2:59 pm

Muz wrote:I usually do mine on wet/damp hair, I don't two strand twist it, but I do twist them to the end.
I'm going to have to try that one. It'll probably go much faster. I might try that with my daughter one day...
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down