CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product Review!!!!!-Elasta QP DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer - 15oz jar

+13
Blakk Buttaflyy
rebelrocks
satindoll
AfroButtafly
LuvMeLuvMyFro
cinnamoncurlz
AfrikanLatina
CocaColaCutie
traveljunkie08
cutephantasm
krenea
Marche'
NickkiBCurly
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Product Review!!!!!-Elasta QP DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer - 15oz jar Empty Product Review!!!!!-Elasta QP DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer - 15oz jar

Post by NickkiBCurly 1st November 2009, 10:58 pm

Product Review!!!!!-Elasta QP DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer - 15oz jar

This is a pic of it...below

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Besides my Aussie Moist and My Herbal Essences Totally Twisted....This will be my staple deep conditioner for a long time... I took a dollop of this conditioner and it actually stuck to my hand... I flipped the palm of my hand downwards and it stayed put!!. That is amazing!! Anywhoo I put it the product in my hair and went under the dryer for about 20 minutes then washed it out... It made my hair feel sooo good. I will be buying more of this shit so I will never run out ever... There is only one silicone and that is the 12 or 13th item on the ingredients list so it does not contain that much...it has so many oils and it smells like peaches and creme or like orange sherbet.. On a website it says it has..."11 Plant extracts, essential oils and vitamins penetrate hair. Moisturizing emollients renew moisture depleted hair, giving strength and elasticity. Peach Blossom Oil and Vitamin E soothe the scalp."
I def. recommend this product and I got it for only 5 bucks. It is all worth it!!!

Here is some pics of the conditioner....

This one is the actual container that I bought...

This one is how orange-sherbetish it looks...

This is the product on my hand... palm facing up

This is the product on my hand...palm facing down...

I kept my palm facing down so I can get a close up...and it actually stayed..

Its so worth it...So nice and thick and full of nutrients...I will use this every 2 weeks as my Deep conditioner...

My Blog-- Nickkibwrgmg@blogspot.com!!!

Ta-Ta 4 Now!!!
NickkiBCurly
NickkiBCurly

http://nickkibcurly@blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Product Review!!!!!-Elasta QP DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer - 15oz jar Empty Re: Product Review!!!!!-Elasta QP DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer - 15oz jar

Post by Marche' 2nd November 2009, 2:01 am

Good choice! This has been my staple deep conditioner for about a year now. Sometimes I mix it with olive oil to stretch it a little while.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Product Review!!!!!-Elasta QP DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer - 15oz jar Empty Re: Product Review!!!!!-Elasta QP DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer - 15oz jar

Post by krenea 2nd November 2009, 2:34 am

Can either of you list the ingredients, please? Thanks!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 2nd November 2009, 3:11 am

hmmm maybe i should try this out...im in the market for a good deep condish! thanks ladies =)
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 2nd November 2009, 11:42 am

I've been wanting to try this, but I CANNOT find it. I've looked in BSS all over St. Louis, and checked several on 125th Street in Harlem. If you've found it in NYC, please tell me where so I can get some later this month.

Thanks!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd November 2009, 6:51 pm

I love DPR-11! I usually put it in overnight and then rinse in the morning and my hair is like butta baby! LOL.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 2nd November 2009, 9:50 pm

krenea wrote:Can either of you list the ingredients, please? Thanks!

The ingredients are: Matricaria Extract, Nettle Extract, Balm Mint Leaf Oil, Coltsfoot Flower Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Sage Leaf Extract in purified water, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Petrolatum Cetyle Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl trimonium Chloride, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Orange Oil, Neroli Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 2nd November 2009, 10:02 pm

Sounds yummy for the hair! I'll look for it the next time I go to the BSS. Thanks for listing the ingredients!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th November 2009, 7:40 pm

I have been wanting to try this...do you ladies just find it at your local bss?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 4th November 2009, 8:17 pm

I FINALLY found it at my local BSS here in St. Louis. It looks like the first pic above. The packaging says new and improved, and the ingredients are different than what was posted above, so they must have reformulated it (which could explain why it was difficult to find).
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by cinnamoncurlz 4th November 2009, 10:52 pm

Oh I love this stuff. This is one of the first product bought once I decided to go natural. It is an amazing product. Does anyone know whether the new version is better or worse?
cinnamoncurlz
cinnamoncurlz

http://cinnamoncurlz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 5th November 2009, 3:09 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I love DPR-11! I usually put it in overnight and then rinse in the morning and my hair is like butta baby! LOL.

I use it like that too right after I henna!
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroButtafly 6th November 2009, 8:24 am

traveljunkie08 wrote:I FINALLY found it at my local BSS here in St. Louis. It looks like the first pic above. The packaging says new and improved, and the ingredients are different than what was posted above, so they must have reformulated it (which could explain why it was difficult to find).

Can you list the ingredients on the new and improved formula please [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfroButtafly
AfroButtafly

Back to top Go down

Post by satindoll 11th November 2009, 4:50 pm

The new and improved formula has petrolatum in it. So it's actually not new and improved [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had been using this conditioner since I bc'd but I don't use it anymore.
satindoll
satindoll

http://public.fotki.com/buttaflyy23

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 11th November 2009, 5:41 pm

The previous formula had petroleum in it too. If you look at the previous list of ingredients, petroleum is actually the second ingredient, and it still is. Here are the ingredients on the jar I purchased:

Water, Petroleum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Emulsifying Wax NF, Dimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin (Vitamin H), Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Persia Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Steareth 10, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Melissa Officinalis (Mint Balm) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Cl15985 (FD&C Yellow 6)

Hope I spelled everything correctly.

Despite the fact that it has petroleum in it, I went ahead and used it anyway. I didn't like it (the smell, the way it felt), but my hair liked it. My hair was so dry before using it. In another thread, I posted a pic of my hair right after the BC 4 weeks ago and right after using this. Here's the pic right after using this. There's nothing in my hair but water.

For the first time since I BC'd, my hair was not a dry, frizzy mess right out of the shower. So it definitely did what it said it would do. However, I probably will not repurchase it, or use it every week or even every month. But I will keep the leftovers on hand in case of emergency.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 11th November 2009, 5:46 pm

Marche' wrote:
krenea wrote:Can either of you list the ingredients, please? Thanks!

The ingredients are: Matricaria Extract, Nettle Extract, Balm Mint Leaf Oil, Coltsfoot Flower Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Sage Leaf Extract in purified water, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Petrolatum Cetyle Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl trimonium Chloride, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Orange Oil, Neroli Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil.

oh yummy! will try[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 12th November 2009, 12:00 am

Ya'll.......am I totally trippin' or are my actions perfectly rational?

Shortly after reading this post about the ingredients being changed on this "new and improved" Elast QP DPR 11, I was heart broken. I can't believe petroleum is number two on the ingredients list now! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have been using this dc for a little over a year and the OLD one that I have had for about 2 months is nearly gone.

In an effort to retain my relationship with old faithful (cuz there's no way I'm using the new one), I proceded to hop in my car and visit every beauty supply store I could think of with the intention of snatching up every precious jar of the old formula. One hour and four stores later, I ended up with only two jars of this creamy goodness.

I have every intention of browsing the phone book and starting the whole process again tomorrow. I'm not crazy, right?
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th November 2009, 12:39 am

@Marche': You're not crazy, but petroleum was in the old formula. I actually went to the BSS this evening. I went to one I've never been to, and lo and behold they had the old jar (the black and white one posted above) and the ingredients were as you posted them. To re-cap, here they are:

It says that the extracts are in water. That's a little misleading. So basically water is the first ingredient. Next it says Petrolatum Cetyle Alcohol. I believe that's a typo (I saw it that way on the jar I saw in the BSS this evening too). I googled it, and just as I thought, it's two different words: Petroleum (or however you want to spell it) and Cetyl Alcohol. And those are still the first ingredients in the "new" formula. Amongst other things, it looks like what's different is that they added olive oil and coconut oil to the new formula. So maybe the new formula will still work for you.

I hope all of that makes sense.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 12th November 2009, 1:46 am

traveljunkie08 wrote:@Marche': You're not crazy, but petroleum was in the old formula. I actually went to the BSS this evening. I went to one I've never been to, and lo and behold they had the old jar (the black and white one posted above) and the ingredients were as you posted them. To re-cap, here they are:

It says that the extracts are in water. That's a little misleading. So basically water is the first ingredient. Next it says Petrolatum Cetyle Alcohol. I believe that's a typo (I saw it that way on the jar I saw in the BSS this evening too). I googled it, and just as I thought, it's two different words: Petroleum (or however you want to spell it) and Cetyl Alcohol. And those are still the first ingredients in the "new" formula. Amongst other things, it looks like what's different is that they added olive oil and coconut oil to the new formula. So maybe the new formula will still work for you.

I hope all of that makes sense.

That makes sense, but I'm still a little skeptical about the ingredients. I was ok with the petrolatum where it is on the old label, but it only states that the sage leaf extract is in water. Can you send me the link where you found that all the extracts are in water? Also, I think I'm good with the two I did get. I won't be on the hunt tomorrow.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by satindoll 12th November 2009, 10:23 am

@ marche' you're not crazy cuz I thought of doing the same exact thing lol...I might try the new one and see if it works. When I saw it in the store, the color was different and it smelled different. I was so disappointed. If I try it, I'll let you guys know my results
satindoll
satindoll

http://public.fotki.com/buttaflyy23

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th November 2009, 1:17 pm

@Marche': I'm going off of the ingredients posted and on the old package. I've seen ingredients listed like that on other products too (e.g. Giovanni). I've also seen it listed in a fancy way as "aqueous extracts". It's misleading because it makes you think that all of these wonderful extracts are the first ingredients, when really, they're steeped in water.

I did another search, and found this same discussion on naturallycurly.com. Check it out. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=81738

Totally understand you not being comfortable with a new formulation though. At least you found two jars to last you for a while!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakk Buttaflyy 20th November 2009, 6:46 pm

I love this stuff. Whatever formula has all of the natural ingredients. I never saw petroleum on any list and I always look. I like to add a little EVOO and honey to mine.
Blakk Buttaflyy
Blakk Buttaflyy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 21st November 2009, 2:02 am

I love this product also. This was the first product I bought after I did the BC and it's the BEST!!!
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by kinky_situation 21st November 2009, 2:40 am

My hair LOVES this stuff! Sometimes, I mix a few tablespoons of honey with it foe extra moisture. Either way, my hair feels so soft after this. Hmm, I think I'll DC tomorrow!
kinky_situation
kinky_situation

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLovely 29th December 2009, 12:23 am

This product is the business (the old one that is). I love, love, love it. I use it on the 10th of each month as a remoisturizer and it works GREAT!!!!!
NaturallyLovely
NaturallyLovely

https://www.youtube.com/LovelyTrueRed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next