CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling the world about curlynikki and being natural

+8
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
BrownSkinDiva
Lynnieluve
DarlingCocoa
*CurlyNikki*
curlmixtress
p_nuttie43
12 posters

Go down

Telling the world about curlynikki and being natural Empty Telling the world about curlynikki and being natural

Post by p_nuttie43 24th December 2009, 5:55 pm

Okay sooooo i'm a very creative and imaganitive person (at least I like to think so!) im always thinking of ideals and stuff at the most randomest times.....

Last night me and the gf went to target to get some last minute things (okay okay you pulled it out of me, to start xmas shopping! LOL) and as soon as we walk in I like HONE in to this woman in front of me with GORGEOUS Bantu knots and natural hair. I become so mesmerized that i honestly bump into a group of kids. lol! so im just staring at her as we walk and i'm talking to myself (kinda to my gf but i know she isn't listening) I'm saying "wow her hair is pretty, I wonder what she uses, how long has she been natural" LOL.. all of this is going on under my breath but because we are in a rush and the gf hates the fact that i can stop and talk to any and everyone at a drop of a hat she pulls me away [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

so we finish shopping and we get in the LONG line... and there is ANOTHER natural beauty infront of me. Again I get mesmerized! The GF groans cuz i tell her, "im gonna go talk to her" and just walks away! LOL... as they are walking out i stop her and tell her she has beautiful hair and that i'm trying to go natural also. she sees my day 3 bantu knot out and she saids that it looks good (BIG SMILE [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and she walks away... I start to think DANG IT! I wish i had like a card or something that I could give her for curlynikki.com. you know cuz its VERY RARE for me to run into natural women here in the central valley.

SOOOOO thats my ideal... Cards that can be passed out to women who are natural beauties or even transitioning or thinking of transitioning. I mean I know that i have written "curlynikki.com", nc.com on pieces of papers, napkins, posted notes and all kinds for the friends that were curious.

I thought i would ask and see what you guys think... especially ms. nikki!!!!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Telling the world about curlynikki and being natural Empty Re: Telling the world about curlynikki and being natural

Post by curlmixtress 24th December 2009, 11:32 pm

I feel you. I do the same thing! Everything you said LOL.
curlmixtress
curlmixtress

http://www.purebodyandmind.com

Back to top Go down

Telling the world about curlynikki and being natural Empty Re: Telling the world about curlynikki and being natural

Post by *CurlyNikki* 27th December 2009, 3:03 pm

Thanks hon!!! I always feel 'lame' in real life trying to explain my site to non-curlies... they're like, a site on curly hair? Why? lol, my response, 'it's kind of a big deal... and it's more than hair'.

I hand out cards, write it on receipts, gum wrappers, lol. It's easier than trying to list out 4 products and ingredients to seek out and avoid.

Thanks so much though!!! Spread the word Smile
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarlingCocoa 29th December 2009, 1:55 am

ITA!!!! I Just started back in retail management and its my first time back since being natural and there are sooooooo many women who come to me asking questions about my hair and products i use and i always have to use one of my store's buisness cards to write down products and of course I always write down curlynikki.com because I feel like every natural/transitioner should have the access and support that I did Very Happy
DarlingCocoa
DarlingCocoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2009, 3:02 am

I am always posting new styles I've tried to my Facebook page and my friends (non curlies) ask about going natural. I direct them to the blog. Hair challenged curlies friends ask me to style their hair. I am thinking about making it my side hustle [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but I direct them to curlynikki.com also.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 29th December 2009, 9:32 am

^^^Lynnieluve your hair in this profile pic is sooo cute!! Its growing at a phenomenal rate hon Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2009, 11:07 am

Thanks BrownSkinDiva!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th December 2009, 11:10 am

I have written the website down to give to people on store receipts, craps of paper, old candy wrappers.....anything you can think of. LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 2:40 pm

Everything you all said! I am a walking billboard...I send them to you all's Fotki's and everything. Tia I just told someone about your hair..because she reminds me of you...she is a stalker..hasn't joined yet! LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th December 2009, 2:44 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Everything you all said! I am a walking billboard...I send them to you all's Fotki's and everything. Tia I just told someone about your hair..because she reminds me of you...she is a stalker..hasn't joined yet! LOL!

LOL, thanks!
Stalkers are no fun....come out come out where ever you are!! Cool
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLizziA 29th December 2009, 2:57 pm

Wow i thought i was the only 1 who did this! I anytime someone ask me about my hair, i start spitting out information like a search engine for some reason! Yea... its def a big deal. I never hesitate to refer to this site.
MsLizziA
MsLizziA

http://strawberricurls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by earthychic77 29th December 2009, 11:51 pm

Ditto what everyone said. I just recently found this site and have been hooked since. I have learned SOOO much! My hair is healthier and I have been experimenting with styles much more. Every time someone ask me about my hair I direct them to this site!
earthychic77
earthychic77

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 2nd January 2010, 1:18 am

I'm with all of you! When ppl ask me about my hair or even friends who are natural and ask questions I start spitting out info I've learned along the way. Sometimes I have to tell myself to slow down because I'm afraid they're thinking "dang, she is really into this...I just asked a simple question!"
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by likethemoon 2nd January 2010, 2:00 pm

[quote="jamaicacurl"]I'm with all of you! When ppl ask me about my hair or even friends who are natural and ask questions I start spitting out info I've learned along the way. Sometimes I have to tell myself to slow down because I'm afraid they're thinking "dang, she is really into this...I just asked a simple question!"[/quote

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm the same way! I bought some Giovanni condish in Target a few weeks ago and the cashier saw it, looked at my hair, and started asking me a billion questions because she's natural but says she's clueless when it comes to her hair. Part of me felt kind of guilty for rambling because there were a few folks in line behind me, but 1) she was rocking this "precious" wig and 2) she used the phrase "good hair". I felt compelled to make a quick list of some products she could try and share info about this and other sites.
likethemoon
likethemoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down