CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair & the Business World!

+2
crvng4mr
hopefulcurls
6 posters

Go down

Natural Hair & the Business World! Empty Natural Hair & the Business World!

Post by hopefulcurls 20th May 2010, 6:17 pm

So, I had a job interview yesterday...being newly natural, I didn't think about how it may impact the interviewer's decision until right before I left home. Needless to say, my personality among my many other skills shined as usual & I got the job! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Now, the only problem is I have to decide if I really want it or not. It felt like I only went through with the interview process to see whether or not my hair weighed in on the interviewer's decision. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] IK, bad,huh?
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair & the Business World! Empty Re: Natural Hair & the Business World!

Post by crvng4mr 20th May 2010, 6:29 pm

Good for you! You can always take it, if you need to, and still look for something else.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st May 2010, 7:56 pm

Congratulations! If you need the work take it and keep looking for the one you really one. If it's not pressing you right now, you can politely decline the offer. Way to go.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 21st May 2010, 8:38 pm

Congratulations! I pray that I'll be sharing a similar "I got the job!" story as well. Go 'head with your bad self!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by missqueenlene 21st May 2010, 8:49 pm

Congrats! Take the job if you know it's something you'll love doing. Thanks for sharing, as a transitioner the impact going natural will have on my career has definitely been in the back of my mind. But no force is stronger than CONFIDENCE in getting a job.
missqueenlene
missqueenlene

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 22nd May 2010, 8:49 pm

i work at a law firm...... very corporate..... i've been there for almost 26 years... up until april, they've usually seen my hair relaxed... occassionally throughout the years and from oct until april, they saw roller sets for curls.... about 5 years ago, i started wearing head wraps on occassion... usually on a friday when i wasn't planning on being in the office all day...i'm not sure what the reaction is... the women attorneys have commented and think it's cute... the men haven't commented ..... once i get some length, i will pull it back into a bun whenever i'm in court ... while i was in a trial over the winter months, i noticed a couple of attorneys who came in for various hearings who had natural hair including one with locs.... years ago, one of my mentors who just happened to be the first AA partner at the firm went natural before it became a trend...she didn't care what anyone thought...her work spoke for itself...
the people i work with have always known that i'm fairly afro-centric... my office is decorated with african american and african art ..,. there are 2 large obama wins and obama change posters...i don't work on juneteenth... before mlk day was a firm holiday, i didn't work then either....

i don't think that it surprised too many people when i went natural... i've always gone my my own way there... i speak out about things that i agree or don't agree on... i seldom attend firm parties... i don't participate in the christmas gift giving activities... i don't eat at section pot-lucks and go to co-workers happy hours....lol
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down