CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finally BC'ed!

+19
Juices-n-Berries
mverde3
jerseygirl
DanceOnTheSkylines
_kiner_
Lynnieluve
NaturalNixon
AfrikanLatina
Miss CurlyT
dajewel
MaameYaa
traveljunkie08
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
cococurly
Curls I Do Adore
lena73
NikG20
jlowman1
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I finally BC'ed! - Page 2 Empty Re: I finally BC'ed!

Post by jerseygirl 24th December 2009, 11:46 pm

I did the BC Sept 2009 and It's the best thing I have done to my hair. I use to wear my hair texturized wash and go for years. Now knowing what to do and what products to use I was ready to go all natural with my hair. Now is the time to learn everything about your hair's texture, style and products that works for your hair. Your hair will love you for it!

Embrace the Natural You!

I am loving your TWA! It looks cute on you!
jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 25th December 2009, 1:33 am

Your TWA is gorgeous !! It looks great [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th December 2009, 2:03 am

Congrats! I love it!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th December 2009, 2:19 pm

You are pretty, and your TWA looks healthy.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 26th December 2009, 1:19 am

@lynnieluve
@_kiner_
@danceontheskylines

Thanks you all!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 26th December 2009, 1:36 am

Cute!!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 26th December 2009, 1:58 am

@jerseygirl...Thanks for the advice!
@mverde3
@chrslvsbks
@missleggz
@oooop2

Thanks so much you guys! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th December 2009, 2:49 pm

Looks beautiful ... congratulations
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by cococurly 26th December 2009, 4:02 pm

@ jlowman... Sorry for the late reply,

Well to answer your question, I cowash twice/wk, planning to start cowashing 3x/wk soon. I cowash with aussie moist also, then I use knot today leave in and seal with coconut oil, then moisterize with baby butter creme. I let my TWA air dry. It still looks fine at the end of the day. Im still trying to learn my hair.
cococurly
cococurly

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 26th December 2009, 6:06 pm

@blondebydesire...Thanks so much! Loooove that color and your curls are so pretty!... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@cococurly... That's ok thanks for responding. I want to try the KC products, I'll get around to ordering them sometime soon. I watched Mohaganycurls video on stretching a wash and go. I've started to get the sniffles from going out with wet hair everyday so hopefully this will be better. lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2009, 12:34 am

Cococurly!! I love the new Avatar!! you ladies have to stick together with your progress. Its nice to have someone that is at the same stage!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by feelinme 29th December 2009, 11:21 am

Hey i Bc a day before you. I think your hair looks great. I wish my curls looked as juicy as yours, lol. I may have to try a different DC tho because I think I am protein sensitive.
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th December 2009, 5:23 pm

@feelinme

Thanks so much... and congrats to you as well! Those first two days my curls were so curly but I cant get them to get that way again. Im like what is going on? How did you determine you were protein sensitive?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

I finally BC'ed! - Page 2 Empty how i knew

Post by feelinme 29th December 2009, 6:06 pm

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22392

Well my hair feels harder than usually after i left my conditioner ORS replenishing pac in longer than the usual. ANd i have a few more springs breaking off than usual;I was also told that the leave in i use has protien in it plus she told me that the coconut oil has a light protien. Basically I have to use more moisture rich products. So i will have to do away with all the others that have too much protein. I also think if you hair is protein senstive it gets really hard and brittle. The black media hair care forum has a section on moisture and protein. I will attach the link. Okay I thought that link would go to the bottom and it didnt [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . But this site helps me alot. If you go under natural hair 101 thread it has alot of info.
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2009, 6:44 pm

feelinme wrote:http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22392

Well my hair feels harder than usually after i left my conditioner ORS replenishing pac in longer than the usual. ANd i have a few more springs breaking off than usual;I was also told that the leave in i use has protien in it plus she told me that the coconut oil has a light protien. Basically I have to use more moisture rich products. So i will have to do away with all the others that have too much protein. I also think if you hair is protein senstive it gets really hard and brittle. The black media hair care forum has a section on moisture and protein. I will attach the link. Okay I thought that link would go to the bottom and it didnt [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . But this site helps me alot. If you go under natural hair 101 thread it has alot of info.

I wouldnt be so quick to get rid of my products. You just have to make sure you have the right balance of moisture and protein. I left ORS in my hair overnight and the next morning my hair was hard and brittle. But if I DC with it for 30 minutes under the dryer, then my hair is ok.

I have recently changed up my regimen to do a protein treatment only once a month. I still use coconut oil and products where protein is at the bottom of the ingredients list. Hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th December 2009, 6:49 pm

Thanks for the advice ladies and I'll make sure I check out that link...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by feelinme 29th December 2009, 7:30 pm

@Lynnie-You are right. I am only going to get rid of the cantu leave in..well move it out of my everyday regimen. My curlynikki big sis suggested I use it as a end sealer when I start to do coils and things. I can use the ORS if it is in for about an hour. I would not recommend that you let it sit longer than an hour. So I agree with you 100%. I use it on a regular basis, that was my first and last time leaving it in over night. I think im going to start to buy the big bottle its like 6 bucks at the bss. The coconut oil I love so that will not go. Mostly the Cantu leave in. My hair drinks up moisture. I do have a question do any of you feel that the shea is a lil heavy? I think I need to whip it up or cream it becaue it feels so greasy.There are some great recipes on yt. I dont even us that much.
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2009, 7:34 pm

You definitely want to whip it up. Here's my shea mix - shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e (preservative) and lavendar and lemongrass essential oil. I mix it with my hand mixer until it is light and fluffy like whipped cream.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2