CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-claiming my Edges...

+5
nekajack
pfarley
LadyV69
NubieNatty
asanterochelle
9 posters

Go down

Re-claiming my Edges... Empty Re-claiming my Edges...

Post by asanterochelle 21st December 2009, 2:17 pm

Hey ladies Smile So I need some input. As you can probably tell from my avatar, while i'm loving my hair overall, my edges need WORK lol. (distracted hairdressers and quickweave glue do NOT mix [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) aaannyways, I'm using castor oil on its own every few days as well as castor oil in my henna treatments to try to bring them back, for those of you who have dealt with thin edges, how long was it before you started seeing some results? Any suggestions for products that may work better? Let me know Smile

--asanterochelle
asanterochelle
asanterochelle

http://www.ark87@blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re-claiming my Edges... Empty Re: Re-claiming my Edges...

Post by NubieNatty 21st December 2009, 2:33 pm

my edges on get thin when i have braids. i have kinky twist in my hair now and i dont really expect alot of breakage becuz these are so light n fluffy. when i experience thin edges i keep em moisturized with oils (ur doin good w/castor) and dont stress em. basically just let em be! dont brush em down/back and you should see results soon enuff!

when i bc'd i had one side of thin edges and i just kept it simple and they grew back within a few wks!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 21st December 2009, 2:45 pm

My hairline has been obliterated from years of relaxers and certain hairstyles (tight ponytails and weaves in particular). I've been using castor oil by itself almost every day for the past two months and saw results within a week. Since my edges suffered so much damage over so many years, it's doubtful whether they'll ever fully come back. A dermatologist I went to several years ago regarding the problem told me this (I still relaxed occasionally then [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , stupid me). My edges are still thin and it may take a couple of years before they are fully back, if then. But right now, I have some fuzz, which is an improvement over two months, when I was literally bald.

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by pfarley 7th January 2010, 7:13 pm

I have problems with my edges too. I'm sure, like everyone else, that it's the result of years of relaxing and heat. Not only do I have problems with breakage, but I have issues keeping them moisturized as well, which causes more breakage! I've been spritzing my hair with water, putting conditioner on them and using JBCO as a sealant 2-3 times/day. I've also been scissor happy with the split ends. I believe that I'm seeing some results, but it's only been a couple of weeks.
pfarley
pfarley

http://www.allthingscouponing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 7th January 2010, 7:29 pm

i have the same issue from perms in the past but i may try cuttin gmy edges to let them grow out
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 7th January 2010, 7:53 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:my edges on get thin when i have braids. i have kinky twist in my hair now and i dont really expect alot of breakage becuz these are so light n fluffy. when i experience thin edges i keep em moisturized with oils (ur doin good w/castor) and dont stress em. basically just let em be! dont brush em down/back and you should see results soon enuff!

when i bc'd i had one side of thin edges and i just kept it simple and they grew back within a few wks!

I TOTALLY CONCUR!! That is what helped me to grow back my edges
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovly 11th March 2010, 12:26 pm

Cutting your edges will help them grow, please share with me how that works?

Dovly

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 11th March 2010, 12:37 pm

when you apply your CO or JBCO massage that into your hair. This will help blood flow to these areas and stimulate growth.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovly 11th March 2010, 12:42 pm

Thank you so much!!!

Dovly

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 11th March 2010, 5:41 pm

I used good old Jamaican Black Castor Oil and low manipulation for 5 months, that did the trick for me. After 5 months of this I did finally notice the growth was coming back.

I think I read something about using a tingling product too, like something with mint in it (sorry I forgot) but I know it's suppose to tingle and it's all natural.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down