CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

+58
BeautifullyImpurfekt
Karyn
ktoliver5303
Tamren
Mz. Thang
Vee
neethair
Erica5417
xtremelyperfect
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
MellowOne
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Muz
mochamoments
LaToya28
CrissyQ
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
NhappyJackie
MahoganyCurls
NubieNatty
Shauny
coilykinks
TerraD
bholmes87
StephanieB
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
CocaColaCutie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
SheeTacular
p_nuttie43
vonda4b
BindyMac08
diamondcurls
lovesunshine17
d.denise
BlakButterfli
dajewel
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
LilMsPuddles
traveljunkie08
adiaha
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Freestyles
Juices-n-Berries
62 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by traveljunkie08 5th February 2010, 6:19 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
traveljunkie08 wrote:Nice growth! The key is to make sure you retain it. Very Happy

Good luck washing your twists. I did that a few weeks ago and it turned out well.

Yes that's the goal. Length retention. Any additional tips?

I will be washing the twists on Sunday. I will post pics of the before and after.

No additional tips. I think if you stick with what you're doing, you'll do fine. I think doing your own twists will help you learn your hair too (how it should feel, when something seems "off", etc.).

I washed my twists pretty much the same way Lynn did, so that method should work for you too. I think I may have pulled them back into a ponytail to avoid too much shrinkage. You can clip them if you're concerned about shrinkage and if your hair can't fit into a ponytail.

Love the nail polish!!!!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th February 2010, 8:23 pm

Ok, I think I'll try clipping them. I may even but some of those scrunchies and try a sort of banding to keep them elongated. I saw a YouTube video on that technique.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th February 2010, 8:59 pm

I'm soooo excited to start doing my hair. And to make use of these products I've spent too much money on on (how did I become a PJ so quickly). And my gifts of course. :-)
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th February 2010, 9:07 pm

JnB~

Girl that nail polish rocks as well as your twists!!! Question..where are you going to get your twists done? Just curious...cause if I don't get it right soon, I may go and get mine done!!

I have Afroveda products....thinking about doing a swap. Not having much success using the product. Swapped my Cocolatte Moisture Mask for some Oyin Honey Hemp Conditoner. I think I soo totally got the best end of that!!! Depends on how you look at it!! Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th February 2010, 9:47 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:JnB~

Girl that nail polish rocks as well as your twists!!! Question..where are you going to get your twists done? Just curious...cause if I don't get it right soon, I may go and get mine done!!

I have Afroveda products....thinking about doing a swap. Not having much success using the product. Swapped my Cocolatte Moisture Mask for some Oyin Honey Hemp Conditoner. I think I soo totally got the best end of that!!! Depends on how you look at it!! Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Lol

Thanks! I just realized you live in Houston! Right now I go to Zayd's Naturally Natural. But I'm thinking of trying Unkle Funky's Daughter.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 6th February 2010, 12:00 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:

Thanks! I just realized you live in Houston! Right now I go to Zayd's Naturally Natural. But I'm thinking of trying Unkle Funky's Daughter.

She means she's going to try Uncle Funky's Daughter after she tries doing her own twists a few times. Smile
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th February 2010, 12:10 am

traveljunkie08 wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:

She means she's going to try Uncle Funky's Daughter after she tries doing her own twists a few times. Smile

Yes TJ. That's exactly what I mean. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th February 2010, 9:49 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:

My co-worker went to Zayd's for her big chop. I went by the shop to provide support....there was a young lady in there that did an awesome twist-out style on one of her clients. I was some what impressed. However, she had real long hair.

I've been in Uncle Funky's shop to purchase product...they are very nice and helpful in there. Love the way the shop is set up as well.

Let me know how you like your style if you go there.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th February 2010, 9:59 am

Good Morning, JnB ...

Just making my rounds this morning.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th February 2010, 4:25 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning, JnB ...

Just making my rounds this morning.

Good morning. Today is co-wash twist day. I'll see you guys on the other side of the shower!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Empty Twist Co-Wash

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th February 2010, 6:57 pm

So, I cowashed my twists today. With a reminder from TJ, I decided I was going to do something about the evil shrinkage monster affraid so he wouldn't attack me while I was in the shower. I decided to go with the banding method. I saw on YouTube people used it to stretch out their hair without blowdryers. I decided to try it on my twists. I made several sections of twists and wrapped a scrunchy around the length of the twists. I looked quite ridiculous.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Iphone10

To make my scalp happy, I cowashed with a mixture of Jason's Tea Tree Conditioner and my Tingle Treat (self named mix of jojoba, sweet almond, lavender, and peppermint oils). My scalp was saying woot! Then, I did another cowash and mini condition (I let it sit a while) with the AOHSR, which was a gift. Very Happy I really like it. I'm gonna be excited to see how it works on my free hair. Then I rinsed and rinsed. Making sure all the product and debri was out of my hair. This is my banded hair now cowashed.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Iphone11

As you can see, they are droopy now. So, I took them down. The result is ok. But it's a bit frizzy. This is ok I guess because I plan on doing the twist out Monday. I then moisturized with Afroveda Cocolatte Moisture Mask (yum). Here's a few pics. Excuse the quality, my camera died n the iPhone camera sucks!

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Iphone12

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Iphone13

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Iphone14

As far as the banding method. I can't tell a huge difference between the banded twists and some of the ones I left free. In fact, I think the type of schrunchy I used may have contributed to some frizz. So I don't think I'll be doing that again on twists. Next time I'll just leave them be and see how it goes. But I may use the method on free hair one day with a different type of band.

For some fun, I decided to set the top few sets of twists in some perm rods. I know my hair is short, but I liked the first set of twists my stylist did that were a lil curly. N even if they come out messy, I like that sort of look. I added a bit more Cocolatte and some Pur Whipped Jelly to set. I don't have a dryer, so here I sit waiting on it to dry.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Iphone15

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Iphone16

Once again, I apologize for the sloppy looking photos. I LOVE my iPhone but they need to do something about that camera. Anyways, check back with me later to see the final result.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th February 2010, 7:01 pm

I just read my post and looked at the pics again. I look a mess. Yikes. Glad we're all family here. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 6th February 2010, 7:36 pm

You look fine. Very Happy

Hmmm...I didn't band until after I co-washed. I just realized I didn't make that clear. But it probably doesn't matter b/c it should have the same effect (keeping the twists stretched so they don't shrink too much). The rollers will probably help w/ the frizziness (mine were frizzy too, by the way). I'm sure the twist out will look great. Look forward to seeing it!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th February 2010, 9:59 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:You look fine. Very Happy

Hmmm...I didn't band until after I co-washed. I just realized I didn't make that clear. But it probably doesn't matter b/c it should have the same effect (keeping the twists stretched so they don't shrink too much). The rollers will probably help w/ the frizziness (mine were frizzy too, by the way). I'm sure the twist out will look great. Look forward to seeing it!

oops! I made a boo boo. :-( Oh well. I know for next time.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 6th February 2010, 10:03 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:

No, I just didn't explain it very well. I don't think it matters though. Wink
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th February 2010, 10:06 pm

So, while waiting on hair to dry, I decided to do something different with my face. I have extremely dry and flaky and sensitive skin. I have been using pure shea to moisturize. It works great. But for some extra oomph, I decided to wash first with Cetaphil Soap. Do an oil cleanse with Jojoba oil. Then moisturize with the shea butter (more than normal) and a few drops jojoba oil. I'm using this kinda like a mask. It's been on about an hour. I will then wipe off any excess, if there is any cuz my skin soaks up everything. We shall see.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th February 2010, 10:07 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:

No, I just didn't explain it very well. I don't think it matters though. Wink

It's ok TJ. I'll have a lifetime to figure this out. :-) Especially when I'm doing it myself. Very Happy
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th February 2010, 10:25 pm

how did the face cleansing go?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th February 2010, 11:31 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:how did the face cleansing go?

It went well. My skin is nice and smooth. I have some more shea on the way from BnB so I think I may try whipping something up to use as a facial cream.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th February 2010, 5:40 pm

How did your hair turn out? I never thought to put my twist on perm rods at this length.....hmmm, I may have to try that.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th February 2010, 5:41 pm

Yes, we are all family. Believe me we all have those looks.

I don't know if it would make a difference, but I twist a few twists together then band. I use rubber bands. If you use cloth scrunchies, you may want to soak them in oil before using to reduce frizz.

Yay for nice, smooth skin. I am thinking of using a bit of shea on days I do not use the OCM.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th February 2010, 11:14 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:How did your hair turn out? I never thought to put my twist on perm rods at this length.....hmmm, I may have to try that.

It turned out fine. I'll post pics tomorrow. It wasn't great. I can't really tell the difference in the twist out. But your hair is longer than mine so I think it could definitely work for you.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, we are all family. Believe me we all have those looks.

I don't know if it would make a difference, but I twist a few twists together then band. I use rubber bands. If you use cloth scrunchies, you may want to soak them in oil before using to reduce frizz.

Yay for nice, smooth skin. I am thinking of using a bit of shea on days I do not use the OCM.

That's a great idea Chrs! I will have to try that next time.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th February 2010, 7:08 pm

So I'm finally putting up pics of the Twist Out. I don't care for this one as much as the last, but it's fine. And I can't wait to start doing my own. Once again, I've forgotten to get batteries for my camera, so please excuse the iPhone and it's fatal flaw: the camera. Also, I look like I'm 12 in these pics. And the bow doesn't help, but it went with my outfit. Lol. I really am 24. I really do have a college degree... These are things I have to convince people of on a regular basis. Lol

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Twist_10

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Twist_11

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Twist_12

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Twist_13

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 12 Twist_14

At school today, someone next to me said it smells like birthday cake. I happily replied, it's my hair. I'd slicked back the edges with Afroveda Pur Whipped Jelly. Even though I have nothing else to compare them to in terms of use, I LOVE the smell of those products. (Minus the dreaded Shea Amla I'm still trying to give away. Lol.) Have a great day all. Pray for me as I go forward with my exams.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th February 2010, 7:11 pm

I like your twistout!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 8th February 2010, 8:31 pm

I think the twistout looks cute! And you'll appreciate being called 12 when you're in your 30s. Laughing
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next